User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 116

  1. #101
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    According to the Cato institute the Libertarian party is 59% male, which is the highest imbalance of male-to-female including the traditional Conservative party. It's 82% white, and 31% of its members make over $75,000 per year, which makes it also the political group with the largest percentage of wealthy people.

    You can draw your own conclusions from the other people you encounter all of the time IRL and on-line who aren't registered...even Libertarian bloggers admit most anarcho-capitalists are white males, and they try to rationalize it kind of like priests try to rationalize why a loving, all-knowing god lets bad things happen.
    - there is a HUGE difference between 59% and 90%
    - they're not Libertarian because they make over $70K, they make over $70K because they're Libertarian. Libertarians practice personal responsibility and high productivity and make decisions based on rational best interests. of course they make more on average, but your cause-effect conception is reversed
    - okay, so what if 82% are white? are you saying we're racist against black people or something? Libertarianism is the opposite of racism. it functions on the fundemental tenant that EVERYONE is entitled to the freedom to live there own life and be a respected human being. 82% of them are white because the vast majority of the American population is white.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  2. #102
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    -
    - they're not Libertarian because they make over $70K, they make over $70K because they're Libertarian. L
    ....how do you figure that bro?

    Do you really think that the "effort only" theory works for everyone in reality?

    Yes, you do, never mind.

    That's right I'm going on vacation.

    *packs bags*

  3. #103
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    ....how do you figure that bro?
    Do you really think that the "effort only" theory works for everyone in reality?
    Yes, you do, never mind.
    That's right I'm going on vacation.
    *packs bags*
    your assumptions blind you my dear. I do not believe in "effort only" at all. I believe in working smart and being innovative and productive.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #104
    Senior Member LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Libertarians are 82% white for many reasons. One of these reasons is that the demographic who needs government assistance is the non-white demographic, why the fuck would a single mother of 5 on welfare vote Libertarian? They're going to vote for the moderate republicans and democrats because those are the politicians who want to expand or retain social welfare benefits. I probably identify more with the Libertarian Party than with the animal parties, but I would never say I'm a Libertarian. I do, however, have libertarian values. I've never made more than 25,000 per year and I don't want to end social welfare, but the Republicans and Democrats are both totally fucking bonkers now, yes...moreso than the most eccentric Libertarians.

    Ironically...if Libertarians actually became a major party, the defense budget would be up for slashing and the competition between three large political parties could mean that those extra billions could go to funding universal healthcare and education )))) Not joking....If only because Libertarians(to become a major party) would first be forced to move to the center a bit, hopefully keeping the general ideals of libertarianism while making concessions as far as social welfare programs and prohibition, etc, etc.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”


  5. #105
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    I'm so confused!

    I'm a liberal, but I tend to dress all corporate-y all of the time and enjoy eating bacon cheeseburgers and listening to classic rock (and I love both the Clash AND the Ramones!)... I also buy and drive american whenever I can, I actually wash my hair and take showers

    really... unless a person is wearing a campaign t-shirt or button or something you can't tell their political leanings by how they dress or anything of the sort
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  6. #106
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm so confused!

    I'm a liberal, but I tend to dress all corporate-y all of the time and enjoy eating bacon cheeseburgers and listening to classic rock (and I love both the Clash AND the Ramones!)... I also buy and drive american whenever I can, I actually wash my hair and take showers

    really... unless a person is wearing a campaign t-shirt or button or something you can't tell their political leanings by how they dress or anything of the sort
    exactly
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #107
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    It's not what someone's wearing, but the vibes I get from them that tell me.

  8. #108
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I really hope you're not serious.
    Not really, I'm just kidding.

    I also don't see Britney Spears as especially Conservative (lolwut?) Spice Girls? Really? You think Victoria Beckham is a great example of Liberal? Why exactly is that?

    Spice Girls are advocates of feminist ideology, "girl power", "be yourself" etc. That sound liberal to me. In comparaison, Britney Spears is relatively respectful of gender roles, used to value virginity, religion, family, patriotism etc. And she voted for Bush. It's not sure at all that she voted for Obama while Spice Girl whould have probably do that if they were americans.

    It's the same for Avril Lavigne and Taylor Swift. Avril want to project the image of a "trash" "rebel" and "antiauthoritarian", while Taylor Swift project an image of a sage country girl who respect family, religion, her country etc. I hesitated with Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez actually. Theses two are pretty conservative for the same reasons, and they are anti-abortion.

    I think I don't need to explain why RATMs are liberals. They are pure leftist. On other side, Metallica is a violent, mysogign and homophobic band in his lyrics. And James Hetfeld is not liberal at all, he is libertarian and pro-gun.

    If you mean people who are fans of these groups,
    No, not really. As you say, people have often a too much ecclectic taste. However, metal, hard rock are often violent, machist, racist and reactionnary. Gun'n Roses is typycally the kind of band wich is criticized by liberals for that. When Heavy Metal became meanstream in the 70s, some liberals supected this movement to be of a fascist obedience. There's the same phenomenon with rap music, except that most rappers are black and many liberals prefer to not express their views because they are afraid to be seen as racist (they have not the same bashfulness with Eminem and The Beastie Boys of course).

    If a guy says that he likes Metallica, but then hastens to precise "I adore Metallica, but I've heard about James Hetfield's political views and really it's awful". Same for Gun's n Roses. However, if the dude does'nt mind about the anti-liberals aspects, it can be an open-minded libral, and there's strong chance too that he is libertarian or conservative.


    I GREW UP IN THE SOUTH.
    Ah, that explains, apparently you still have some accent.


    libertrians are 90% upper-middle class white people

    To an extent, it's true, but it's the same for liberals, funny is'nt it?

    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  9. #109
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Because usually liberal people are liberal because they are capable of seeing the experience of other people outside of their own, much like the science article that was posted about conservatives not even following your gaze when you look at something.

    The rigidity is a form of stupidity.

    They could be brilliant in maths, or farming, or history, or science...but if they're that socially limited, that is a form of intelligence fail.

    Or simply a lack of life experience.

    Like I said in a another thread, I often can empathize with why working class people are Republicans...I am capable of grasping it, but I expect MUCH MORE of educated people with the ways and means to get out and see the fucking world.
    You know what's funny is that my conservative ESTJ dad and his conservative ISTJ friend tell me the only reason I'm liberal is because I haven't gotten out and experienced the world. LOL
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  10. #110
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    You know what's funny is that my conservative ESTJ dad and his conservative ISTJ friend tell me the only reason I'm liberal is because I haven't gotten out and experienced the world. LOL
    LOL that's what my xSTJ mother and ISFJ father tell me all the time, for every disagreement.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2017, 11:44 PM
  2. [NF] whats a good way to tell if someone is an enfj or infj?
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2016, 04:28 PM
  3. [INFJ] How can you tell if an INFJ likes your company?
    By briochick in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-20-2013, 12:35 PM
  4. How do you tell if someone is N or S?
    By SilkRoad in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 12:57 AM
  5. [ISTJ] How can you tell if an ISTJ loves you?
    By Vika in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 08:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO