User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 116

  1. #91
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    In fact, I'm getting sick and tired of people bringing up the fact that I was a dancer to negate any moral positions I have. That's really retarded, it makes you look like you're about 12 and from a Mormon household.

    I'm honestly starting to get tired of the idiots on this site.
    don't you think others feel the same way when you attack them personally?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  2. #92
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    don't you think others feel the same way when you attack them personally?
    No because it has more relevance to the topic at hand. People tend to form things like political opinions based off of life experience and social class; I didn't form my political opinions because of a job I happened to have, it's completely off topic and incidental.

    An upper middle class INTP friend of mine agrees with this premise...it's not just me. It's one of those things that SEEMS like a personal insult, but in reality, it's one of those things that people don't like to hear that is true...like, women are usually physically weaker. Some extreme feminists don't want to accept that the biological reality is that women are, yes, often physically weaker than men, due to things like body size, muscle mass, height, weight, and even menstruation and pregnancy.

    Political opinions formed by social class are similar. People don't like to hear it even though it just seems factual to me. I see it as a factual statement. I probably have a lot more empathy for people of lower classes than myself because of my life experience, I'm not silly enough to presume that I just came up with my own political beliefs in a bubble.

    Anyway, I have nothing against you personally Elfboy ...like with what you said in your last post, generally libertarians such as yourself actually think you're doing the kindest thing...like a Ron Paul type...I've posted about this in another thread, where I can actually see why some Republicans and Libertarians actually see themselves and moral and empathetic.

    But if you don't think a sizable percentage of them are only doing it for grasping economic reasons and do not give a shit who they hurt or kill, that's quite naive. We're talking about life and death here, not just inconveniencing someone. I know you know that though, because we've talked about what you believe about smaller businesses and fair trade, and I know YOU happen to have ethics about those things.

  3. #93
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No because it has more relevance to the topic at hand. People tend to form things like political opinions based off of life experience and social class; I didn't form my political opinions because of a job I happened to have, it's completely off topic and incidental.

    An upper middle class INTP friend of mine agrees with this premise...it's not just me. It's one of those things that SEEMS like a personal insult, but in reality, it's one of those things that people don't like to hear that is true...like, women are usually physically weaker. Some extreme feminists don't want to accept that the biological reality is that women are, yes, often physically weaker than men, due to things like body size, muscle mass, height, weight, and even menstruation and pregnancy.

    Political opinions formed by social class are similar. People don't like to hear it even though it just seems factual to me. I see it as a factual statement. I probably have a lot more empathy for people of lower classes than myself because of my life experience, I'm not silly enough to presume that I just came up with my own political beliefs in a bubble.

    Anyway, I have nothing against you personally Elfboy ...like with what you said in your last post, generally libertarians such as yourself actually think you're doing the kindest thing...like a Ron Paul type...I've posted about this in another thread, where I can actually see why some Republicans and Libertarians actually see themselves and moral and empathetic.

    But if you don't think a sizable percentage of them are only doing it for grasping economic reasons and do not give a shit who they hurt or kill, that's quite naive. We're talking about life and death here, not just inconveniencing someone. I know you know that though, because we've talked about what you believe about smaller businesses and fair trade, and I know YOU happen to have ethics about those things.
    hmph
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #94
    Intergalactic Badass mujigay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Sure, but not in your case. I know you lack life experience and are very young.

    Some people just openly have a morally bankrupt value system. That's why some other people are conservative.

    Others are so drowned in Christian belief they can't seperate their religion from economics.

    Also, actual statistics show that around 90% of libertarians are ...white men. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.
    I'm still interested in seeing this statistic. The source for the statistic, that is.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

    All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

  5. #95
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    hmph
    I know. You don't see it as a compliment or understanding on my part that I can conceive of the fact that you see your political views because of youth and lack of experience.

    An insult would be "you believe this things because you're a self-absorbed douche who doesn't care about other people at all and can't see past the end of your own nose."

    I still think it's so interesting that conservatives won't even follow someone else's eyes when they're speaking to them. Literally refusing to see the world through anyone else's eyes. Even physically. So weird.

    I at least stop and think of why people believe what they do, and I often have compassion. It's just that I think anarcho-capitalism is outright DANGEROUS so I can't be moderate. That's not going to happen, even if your motives are relatively innocent and not just raging viking/piracy.

  6. #96
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I know. You don't see it as a compliment or understanding on my part that I can conceive of the fact that you see your political views because of youth and lack of experience.

    An insult would be "you believe this things because you're a self-absorbed douche who doesn't care about other people at all and can't see past the end of your own nose."

    I still think it's so interesting that conservatives won't even follow someone else's eyes when they're speaking to them. Literally refusing to see the world through anyone else's eyes. Even physically. So weird.

    I at least stop and think of why people believe what they do, and I often have compassion. It's just that I think anarcho-capitalism is outright DANGEROUS so I can't be moderate. That's not going to happen, even if your motives are relatively innocent and not just raging viking/piracy.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #97
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    I'm still interested in seeing this statistic. The source for the statistic, that is.
    According to the Cato institute the Libertarian party is 59% male, which is the highest imbalance of male-to-female including the traditional Conservative party. It's 82% white, and 31% of its members make over $75,000 per year, which makes it also the political group with the largest percentage of wealthy people.

    You can draw your own conclusions from the other people you encounter all of the time IRL and on-line who aren't registered...even Libertarian bloggers admit most anarcho-capitalists are white males, and they try to rationalize it kind of like priests try to rationalize why a loving, all-knowing god lets bad things happen.

  8. #98
    Intergalactic Badass mujigay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    According to the Cato institute the Libertarian party is 59% male, which is the highest imbalance of male-to-female including the traditional Conservative party. It's 82% white, and 31% of its members make over $75,000 per year, which makes it also the political group with the largest number of wealthy people.

    You can draw your own conclusions from the other people you encounter all of the time IRL and on-line who aren't registered...even Libertarian bloggers admit most anarcho-capitalists are white males, and they try to rationalize it kind of like priests try to rationalize why a loving, all-knowing god lets bad things happen.
    Oh, I live in the South. I drew my own conclusions a very long time ago. This just sort of affirms it.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

    All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

  9. #99
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Another interesting statistic is that 48% of liberals are college educated, while only 25% of conservatives are. Conservatives also have the highest percentage of registered members who have high school education or less.

  10. #100
    Senior Member LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    According to the Cato institute the Libertarian party is 59% male, which is the highest imbalance of male-to-female including the traditional Conservative party. It's 82% white, and 31% of its members make over $75,000 per year, which makes it also the political group with the largest number of wealthy people.
    Libertarian party doesn't have the largest number of wealthy people.
    Also, I'm really surprised that you'd make the claim that 75,000 per year of pretax income makes one wealthy.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2017, 11:44 PM
  2. [NF] whats a good way to tell if someone is an enfj or infj?
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2016, 04:28 PM
  3. [INFJ] How can you tell if an INFJ likes your company?
    By briochick in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-20-2013, 12:35 PM
  4. How do you tell if someone is N or S?
    By SilkRoad in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 12:57 AM
  5. [ISTJ] How can you tell if an ISTJ loves you?
    By Vika in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 08:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO