User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Default GREAT. I HAVE RATS IN MY HOUSE.

First cockroaches, now rats.

I just got out the shower to get ready to actually meet some friends and RELAX for once, and as I'm getting out the shower, I saw a RAT squeezing and wiggling itself under the door crack to get INSIDE the bathroom I was locked in. I shouted an expletive and it turned around thank god...but now who fucking knows where in the house it ran off to NEST and BREED...

Now I can't relax, I'm waiting outside for my friend to pick me up because I'm afraid to see the rat again or hear its feet thumping against the hardwood as it scurries, I'm afraid that it burrowed in my pile of dirty laundry and will pop out randomly or that I'll accidentally bump it with my foot or that it'll sneak inside my jeans and run up my leg...

So let's examine how this fucking happened:

1. My 3 roommates constantly leave MEAT and FOOD out on counters overnight, or for days at a time, despite my constantly riding their ass like a Harley Fatboy.
    2. They leave the garage door (that opens to our living quarters) OPEN. So whatever rodents are in there have instant VIP access directly to our kitchen.
    3. They leave standing water in bowls, dishes, flooded shower stalls, etc. AND THEN LEAVE THE BATHROOM DOOR OPEN. Free refreshing beverages for the rats! Grow, thrive, breed, frighten!

I don't even want to come back home, and I don't even want to sleep in my bed, because 1) I'm afraid rats might be burrowed in my comforter, and 2) I don't want it to crawl on me at night.

Why I'm venting here on an MBTI forum of all places, IDK, but I'm losing my fucking mind and I want to move out RIGHT NOW. When she picks me up, I'm going to insist on going to the drugstore ASAP to pick up mousetraps before it closes while I'm out, but I really really don't want to SEE and/or SMELL the rat, much less cart out the plump carcass (feel the weight of the disgusting thing) and dump it somewhere.

Anyone else with pest control problems? How do/did you get rid of them?? I DON'T WANT TO GET THE BUBONIC PLAGUE OR RABIES.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

A window to the soul

A mouse trap huh? I'm picturing the rat going down with a mouse trap like this...

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'll lend you my cat Hansel, he's an amazing ratter. Even when he was a kitten he'd catch and kill rats almost as big as him.

He'd then bring them in to show me and eat them. I felt an odd mixture of pride and revulsion.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Nuclear war.

Can't say it'll help your cockroach problem, but you can say goodbye to those rats for good!

For serious advice: pool your resources for an exterminator if you're that freaked out by them. Or get new roommates/a new apartment if they don't want to agree to help pay for the exterminator. Definitely not cool.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'm so sorry! I totally identify with the feeling as I lived in a mousey place once.

They make rat traps which are more rat sized than mouse traps. I'd try that instead. You can also buy the poisoned seeds for them to eat.

A window to the soul

And the rat limps away eating cheese with a mouse trap clamped to his leg...

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I can't go back into my apartment, not until Monday. I'm literally on someone's couch right now because my place is TINY and there's a good chance of encountering the rat if I go back there, and especially having it crawl on me or jump on my face while I'm sleeping? Or get trapped in my blankets and gnaw its way up my leg?!?? To feel its warm, diseased body thrash against my bare skin??? NO.

She invited me to crash at her place until I can get the exterminators in on Monday. I did set out some traps while I grabbed my daily belongings. I just hope they don't breed too much while I'm gone, and ESPECIALLY NOT IN MY ROOM.

I cannot believe rodents ran me out my own house.

And this is the final straw. Fuck the lease, I'm moving out.

(I'll get some other sucker to move in)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

*sigh*
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    *sigh*
    ?
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN: