User Tag List

First 123 Last

I can't get pregnant, but umm.. Yeah.

Really? Your reason is to prevent offspring for this so called dysfunctional family? I'll try not to ask details. You know better.

I have a hard time believing she'd simply do it because she believes that will "cure" alcoholism. Sorry, but that sounds more like something an observer would project, not something that someone would intentionally say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

This is your future mmhmm. I wonder which pretty young thing old man jock will turn to to fulfill his needs.
    damn right. timeless sense of style.

i don't worry about being too old
    for jock. he already said he'd still
    boink me within the first few hours
    of my death. that looks close enough
    to death, so i'm still covered.

isn't he just the best? lucky mmhmm.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    ENTP

lol a lot of people here would do it.

no problem/.

I can always split the money

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'll admit I didn't read the OP in its entirety, but I'm fairly certain my answer will still be apt. The things I wouldn't do for a large sum of money is much more shocking than the things I would do.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

There are two different questions here, first being would you subject a child to that life for $100,000 and the second being would you carry and birth a baby for $100,000, neither alone may be confusing though together it adds a whole different perspective. Firstly, if they can offer you $100,000 to do this they clearly have money as they could drop a zero and still find a donor womb. If it is their genetics they are really just renting your body after all and if they have those funds they will find somebody else. Additionally, while having money doesn't mean good parents the child, I'm assuming will have some opportunities.

So I wouldn't say no based on a dysfunctional house, who doesn't have one of those after all. You can also add terms relating to the childs care such as a nanny, treatment, whatever, just saying, you can put things in there to safeguard against some of your biggest fears.

I would do it though I would be wise about how you got the money, such as making them buy you a house or something along those lines. Provided you used the money wisely you could be very well set up!

As for my morals, totally flexible, there is a lot I would do for the right amount of cash, if for no other reason the amount of good that could be done with it.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Wow. And I thought my grandmother offering me $300 if I got my hair cut in a particularly style was pretty terrible...

There's no way in hell I would do the surrogacy.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Also, am anatomically incapable of carrying a fetus. But, no I wouldn't do it. 100k is great an all, but I'd have to feel pretty good about a situation involving bringing another person into the world and using my body to do it before I would agree to it. Money would only be a secondary consideration.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I would be like, no way, in that situation. I mean, as a surrogate mother, wether or not it's your aunts eggs or yours, it's still part you (imo), you'd want them in the hands of two alcoholics, who no less are direct family as well? That's probably asking for trouble in the future.

Can you stay on the sidelines if things don't go into a direction you would like?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Strange thing happened the other day, just got me thinking about how other people might deal with something like this, what choices would they make, and why.. [see, this is where you kids come in]

I heard recently that my wealthy, alcoholic aunt was thinking of offering me upwards of $100,000.00 to act as a surrogate mother for her and her husband, as she cannot carry a pregnancy to term herself. She, like me, has never been interested in children, however her [also alchoholic, debilitatingly so] husband, wants a child someday. She basically thinks a kid will cure his lifelong drinking problem.

So I hope you're getting the picture here- terribly dysfunctional people, every aspect of this situation is just wrong. An unhappy, turbulent and probably abusive life would be guaranteed for any of their offspring, as things stand.

No amount of money would convince me that those two human beings could give a child a stable life, not to mention the entire concept of pregnancy is nightmarish and disgusting to me [sorry, moms, but that's how I've always felt about it]. Just, all of it, would haunt me forever.

Of course my answer, if ever asked, will be a firm, immovable NO.

But it made me wonder, for that much money, assuming you knew the parents would be incapable for providing the kid a secure and loving home, would you assist regardless? I wonder how much money it takes to push people's moral boundaries.
    My answer would be as immovable and the same as yours. Eventhough Id just be a sperm donor. If I should consider it Id make a contract with them that I would be able to enforce to secure the child's wellbeing.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'm currently 8 months pregnant and it is pretty awful. I don't think any amount of money would make me even CONSIDER being a surrogate for alcoholics!