User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Your Earliest Memory

3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    I seem to have a few very early memories...I remember dipping chocolate chip cookies in milk and holding them there until they became soggy, almost to the point of falling apart.
    Oh god, sentence like those remind me of how incapable to think naughty my mind actually is. I liked your story really, but my mind, no thats just no fun...

Johari / Nohari

"How dreadful!" cried Lord Henry. "I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
    ~ Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Oh god, sentence like those remind me of how incapable to think naughty my mind actually is. I liked your story really, but my mind, no thats just no fun...

My memory of eating milk and cookies made you think of a scenario involving a man with boobs? I'm not even going to ask...

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    That makes me wonder if you're an ENTP.

I now have a theory that people with a poor memory for physical content or physical details have a rejected Si or Se.
    My memory for details sucks compared to my ENFP friend, but I think I do well for an ENTP.

My earliest memories:

- a few rooms in the house we lived in when I was 2, + the entire inside of the house we moved to after that and lived in until I was 4
    - loving the Jolly Jumper
    - refusing to taste chocolate when the babysitter offered it to me in my high chair because it looked gross and because it seemed like they were trying too hard to convince me
    - napping in my parents' bed with my mom when I was 2 or 3 cuz my dad & sister had left for the morning and I wasn't allowed to be up by myself but my mom was still sleeping
    - my dad waking me up telling me it was my birthday and I was turning 3, getting up & getting dressed, and my birthday presents
    - arguing with my dad and sister when I was 3 about what the Rice Krispies box said on it as a strategy to delay them because I didn't want them to leave
    - being shy and peeking around the corner trying to get my mom's attention when she had friends over, and being embarrassed when they all laughed at me
    - the whole house we lived in when I was 4, the block we lived on, the library, and the candy store
    - my fav kids' magazine called Highlights - it came monthly, but it felt like once a year to me at the time
    - drawing and making crafts
    - playing with the neighbor kids, kissing the boy next door when I was 4 cuz the other kids thought it was funny (didn't let that happen again until my teens )
    - my first day of nursery school

I had a panettone box on my head, like this

I couldn't see a thing but I was still giggling while I stumbled across the room.

Senior Member Array copperfish17's Avatar
    5w4 sp/so

I remember being fascinated with an antique wardrobe at a relative's place. I was either 2 or 3 years old.

It looked almost exactly like this:

Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Senior Member Array Sanctus Iacobus's Avatar

Building a castle out of blocks when I was about 2 or 3. Little did I know it would be what I would do for an income one day. I had that figured out when I was 5 though... I summed up my life philosophy: build a house, make a friend.

I'm not sure if this is a memory or a dream. I also don't know how old I must have been at the time, but I was probably no older than about 3 or 4 years old (if it is indeed a memory).

I was in the car, in the back seat, as we were crossing a big red suspension bridge at night, kind of like this one.

I remember looking out the window and staring up at the ropes, imagining myself climbing up them. And that's it. I realize it was probably just a dream, but I think it's cooler than any other first memory I could think of.

insert random title here Array Randomnity's Avatar
    6w5 sp/sx

It seems so weird to me that anyone can remember things from when they were a toddler. You're not even a real person then.

I don't remember when my first memory is, but I have no recollection of my next-younger sister being born or her as a baby (I was almost 2 when she was born). I don't remember the brief period when I was an only child. I do remember the next sister being born though (I would have been 4 1/2 then). I also don't remember the cats we apparently had when I was a toddler, or the house we lived in when I was under 2.

I have lots of memories from ages 5-10 or so, though.

Ones that I can think of:

so, so many more, when I stop to think about it. this thread is making me nostalgic haha. I'm only listing the good memories here since I'd rather not dwell on the bad ones.
    -end of thread-