Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    See I think exaggerators can be far more dangerous. It is in a way a lie. And something that is intense already should not be taken even further. I will agree it's very entertaining and perhaps more acceptable, but I think at least with liars once you find out that they are such you can label them (Not PC... Sorry), but exaggerations can entertwine themselves with the truth and make it much harder to discern, especially if you only slightly alter the story. So my advice "Go big or go home!". Both are dangerous, just from different approaches.
    Well I don't exaggerate about serious things (my relationship with my ex, my IRL problems, et al) ...because yes that could be dangerous.

Oral story telling is a tradition that goes back millions (and possibly billions) of years and if people didn't add things to it we wouldn't have the wealth of mythology and fiction that we have from various cultures all over the world. Many of these started as oral traditions, and some are based upon true stories.

There's a difference between exaggerating EVERYTHING and not being serious when discussing a subject that should be serious...and exaggerating about things that are lighter, more humorous, or more general.

A lot of times it's just wording or expression or emotion, not even necessarily adding any facts.

In real story telling - that is, the kind of story telling that is intended to entertain - I think intertwining fact with fiction is the whole point.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well I don't exaggerate about serious things (my relationship with my ex, my IRL problems, et al) ...because yes that could be dangerous.

Oral story telling is a tradition that goes back millions (and possibly billions) of years and if people didn't add things to it we wouldn't have the wealth of mythology and fiction that we have from various cultures all over the world. Many of these started as oral traditions, and some are based upon true stories.

There's a difference between exaggerating EVERYTHING and not being serious when discussing a subject that should be serious...and exaggerating about things that are lighter, more humorous, or more general.

A lot of times it's just wording or expression or emotion, not even necessarily adding any facts.

In real story telling - that is, the kind of story telling that is intended to entertain - I think intertwining fact with fiction is the whole point.
    Very true! I have nothing to add .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

My first vivid memory that I can actually think about and remember a lot of detail was of me in grade school. I was home with my father and we put together this Lego Brontosaurus. We talked about everything from who our days went to what I wanted to do when I grew up. I think because of this memory I am very close with my father. I have some memory of being much younger but they are very short and mostly just "feelings"
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I was about 2.5.

I can remember:
    • A lot of people at our house.
    • My mom asking for someone to go to the store.
    • Walking out of the house.
    • Kicking my cousin's toys on the way out and him getting mad because he was playing with them at the time.
    • Being back in my house and seeing my uncle holding my screaming cousin (a different cousin).

It turns out, my cousin and I decided we should be the ones to go to the store. He was 2 and I was 2.5. We climbed into my mom's truck and knocked it out of gear. It went down a hill and hit a tree and slammed on my cousin's leg. I was in the drivers seat and he was in the passenger floorboard with his leg hanging out. The working theory is that he knocked the vehicle out of gear attempting to climb in.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

The first memory I have is looking at the side of my crib and being like "this can't hold me" then climbing out of it and going into my parents' room (don't know how old I was). The next memory after that was definitely the '89 earthquake (I was 3.something).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I think I was about two. I was was riding this little miniature train ride for children or something, at a park. I was all by myself, I didn't want anyone else in the train car with me.

This was back when I was living in Okinawa. I moved shortly afterwards, so it's pretty much my ONLY memory of Okinawa. Pretty pathetic.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    FREE

I remember hitting something really really hard with my head, and trying to wriggle inside of it; but the odd thing is, I also remember something hitting me really really hard and trying to wriggle inside me. It is all very confusing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Night terrors due to recollecting mind bogling imagery about the creation of stars
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ESFJ

My first memory was when i was standing in my bedroom looking at the green curtains with yellow dots on them, the wooden bed and a ginger cat passing undermy bed .. We didn't own a cat (i later found out) but i remember it as although i wasn't scared, i didn't know what it was or why it went under my bed .. I asked my mum some time ago how old i was and she said i shouldn't be able to remember those details as we moved out of that house when i was 18 months old .. Meh.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I seem to have a few very early memories...I remember dipping chocolate chip cookies in milk and holding them there until they became soggy, almost to the point of falling apart. I liked them like that. My mother tried to get me to knock it off because the milk would end up with soggy bits of cookie floating around in it, and I'd refuse to drink it. I remember her demonstrating the proper way of eating milk and cookies, by dipping the cookie in briefly, and immediately taking it out and biting it. "You're supposed to go, dippity-do, bite, dippity do, bite. Not, dipitty dooooooooooooooo........" I kept doing it my way though.

I remember when I was really small. I liked to go to the full-length curtains in our kitchen, and hold the edge of a curtain around myself and twirl and twirl until I was all wrapped up in it, making a cocoon. I remember staring up and seeing nothing but curtain around me. My grandmother used to yell at me to get out. When I visited my other grandmother and did the same thing at her house, she didn't scold me for it, so I took it upon myself to yell, 'Ashley! Get out of there!' whenever I did it. My curtain-cocooning-tolerant grandmother found that very funny, and she still tells people about it at family gatherings.

I also remember my parents tossing me into a pile of leaves, one holding my hands and one holding my feet as they swung me back and forth before letting me go. They separated before my second birthday and stopped spending time together completely maybe a year or so after, so this must be a very early one.

Oh, I remember some of my toilet training. My grandmother was trying to wean me off the little toddler potty and use the regular toilet, and I remember saying "Little potty!" and her going "Big potty!" and pulling on each others arms and laughing.