First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    Every other night, I'd also hear the train's whistle somewhere in the distance, and that was one of my favorite parts of going to sleep - that and the night air, because it was so cool and calm. I used to dream about hopping on a train, a flying ship (like those in Peter Pan), or a children's car, and traveling to somewhere far away with much more "magic" and wonder than the real world; adults also did not exist there, lol. Funnily enough, I still have many dreams about traveling somewhere far away. [...]
    Are you sure you're ISFJ? Hehehe

(P.S.: Sorry for thread-whoring. I just find memories so fascinating.)
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

violaine

My earliest memory was one of loss, naturally enough. (Enneagram 4 here. :-D ) I remember scrabbling around looking for my dummy (pacifier), it was apparently on the day my dummy was taken away from me. I can remember searching all over my little world for it, particularly under my cot. I can remember feeling growing distress, but I never asked for help. I don't think I was quite two years of age.

I've often wondered about the role of emotions in memory recall. Flipping through the rolodex of my earliest memories, it's apparent that the things I remember vividly are the things that made an emotional impression.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Sounds a lot like my old memories!
    Dorky memories FTW!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

What the...? Are your dreams in third-person too? Because I have an INTP friend that claims that all his dreams are in third-person, I'm just like . Is it an INTP thing? Or a 'T' thing?
    Well i was talking about memories, but yea dreams too. dunno if it is a type thing
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Well i was talking about memories, but yea dreams too
    Interesting... I thought memories were supposed to be replays of living experiences, which are from first-person, but I guess that's not entirely true. :/
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    That makes me wonder if you're an ENTP.

I now have a theory that people with a poor memory for physical content or physical details have a rejected Si or Se.
    I have wondered that myself for some time now, too. I think it could easily be plausible. However, I seem to want Se more than Si, which always makes me feel INJ-ish. It's weird.

Heehee! I'm horrible with details for most of my early memories, but I could tell you the time period in which they occurred for all of my memories. What do you think that means type-relatedly?
    Time period... That's a little tough. I don't know how wide ranged Si is to be honest. If we say that Se tries to keep all sensations equal (thus them wanting to experience all they can) then it would encompass a wider range of memories, but it isn't so much depth (big distinguishing factor between I and E is breadth vs depth). Vivid memories seem to be Si... Because I as I read a head Marm's mom would be lying to keep intensity, but not accuracy of truth. So I'd say Se would be time spans. While Si would time points.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Because I as I read a head Marm's mom would be lying to keep intensity, but not accuracy of truth. So I'd say Se would be time spans. While Si would time points.
    NOT LYING...exaggerating. I also use exaggeration, over-statement or hyperbole in my own stories, and I do it on purpose a lot of the time.

Think Big Fish or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button or Forrest Gump..

ReflecTcelfeR

NOT LYING...exaggerating. I also use exaggeration, over-statement or hyperbole in my own stories, and I do it on purpose a lot of the time.

Think Big Fish or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button or Forrest Gump..
    I meant to put those in quotation marks, sorry.

I think exaggerations are extremely fun. And purposefully misunderstanding, or rewording someones statement to you. For example:

My friend told me he had a Thai Chicken at his house ready for him to eat (A Thai Chicken is a kind of pizza). I respond "You have a live Thai chicken in your house? To which he then took and said yeah it just arrived today. My friend is an INFP.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    I meant to put those in quotation marks, sorry.

I think exaggerations are extremely fun. And purposefully misunderstanding, or rewording someones statement to you. For example:

My friend told me he had a Thai Chicken at his house ready for him to eat (A Thai Chicken is a kind of pizza). I respond "You have a live Thai chicken in your house? To which he then took and said yeah it just arrived today. My friend is an INFP.
    I dunno I used to exaggerate for attention as a teenager in my verbal story telling, I think I sometimes thrived on attention or drama, and then as I got to be an adult I recognized fairly early on that I thought exaggeration and hyperbole in written story telling was hilarious.

It also can add an entertaining "unreal" element to the story that makes it more engaging or appealing...it's not quite the same as lying, because a person who lies makes shit up that never happened at all, and usually to cause trouble IRL.

Liars are to be feared, exaggerators are there to entertain.

ReflecTcelfeR

I dunno I used to exaggerate for attention as a teenager in my verbal story telling, I think I sometimes thrived on attention or drama, and then as I got to be an adult I recognized fairly early on that I thought exaggeration and hyperbole in written story telling was hilarious.

It also can add an entertaining "unreal" element to the story that makes it more engaging or appealing...it's not quite the same as lying, because a person who lies makes shit up that never happened at all, and usually to cause trouble IRL.

Liars are to be feared, exaggerators are there to entertain.
    See I think exaggerators can be far more dangerous. It is in a way a lie. And something that is intense already should not be taken even further. I will agree it's very entertaining and perhaps more acceptable, but I think at least with liars once you find out that they are such you can label them (Not PC... Sorry), but exaggerations can entertwine themselves with the truth and make it much harder to discern, especially if you only slightly alter the story. So my advice "Go big or go home!". Both are dangerous, just from different approaches.