User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you have IRL friends/family here?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have RL friends/family here.

12 27.27%
  • No, I have asked friends to join here but they weren't into it.

3 6.82%
  • No, I would never tell anyone I know to join here.

24 54.55%
  • Another option that I didn't think of.

5 11.36%
First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Most of my family/acquaintances/friends don't even speak good enough English to follow what's going on here.

But even if they did, I wouldn't want them around.

The only one who knows about this site is my husband, and I most definitely do NOT want him to sign up - EVER! I'd go totally paranoid if he did, triple-guessing myself all the time, wondering if there is any way he's going to take whatever I say in some unpredictable negative way. No thanks

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Most of my family/acquaintances/friends don't even speak good enough English to follow what's going on here.

But even if they did, I wouldn't want them around.

The only one who knows about this site is my husband, and I most definitely do NOT want him to sign up - EVER! I'd go totally paranoid if he did, triple-guessing myself all the time, wondering if there is any way he's going to take whatever I say in some unpredictable negative way. No thanks
    This is the case with me too.

MBTI
    INTP

Ok, thanks for all the responses. So, for the people that voted on the 4th option: What was the option I forgot about?

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Yes my husband comes on here from time to time. It doesn't alter the way I would post. He has a pattern. He will come here for a day or two then declare "your forum is so boring they don't talk about anything!". He doesn't read my blog like Cafes husband does though it wouldn't bother me if he did. I don't really have anyone IRL that I know of interested in MBTI. I can't say that depending on the relationship it wouldn't alter my 'posting style' as it probably would.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    ISTx

I asked one friend but she wasn't interested and then decided I'm happy about that and enjoy the anonymity of this place.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    Yes my husband comes on here from time to time. It doesn't alter the way I would post. He has a pattern. He will come here for a day or two then declare "your forum is so boring they don't talk about anything!".
    What would he want to talk about?

MBTI
    INTP

Do you think that if your closest friend joined here without telling you and started posting, would you recognize them? So of course I am talking about them not giving away information but more like their writing/thinking style.

What about a SO? For the INTP mindmate connection, would you fall in love with them again? Do you like pina coladas?

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I am married to The Liquid Laser, and I love seeing what he writes and it is just so interesting because I get to see sides and things from him that I would otherwise not get to see. We read everything we each wirte or respond to here and then talk about them further together. Some people ask questions here that I would not think to ask- and then I get to see my hubby answer them and also see his fanciness- I like seeing his thoughts in written form and how thinky and technical and I don't know how to explain it- his educated mind comes out in ways that I might not otherwise get to see and getting to see him debate with people- with all kinds of different people- it is just neat to see both his reactions and answers to others and their answers and reactions to him.

It makes for great discussions, participating in things here and then talking about our responses and posts together or what other people have written and discuss them together- what we relate to find interesting and like, etc.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

I don't bother telling people about this place. Most of my friends in real life don't even have computers or any interest in stuff like this.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTJ

I wouldn't feel free to reveal my true thoughts and feelings if someone I knew was here.
    I would go someplace else.