User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you have IRL friends/family here?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have RL friends/family here.

12 27.27%
  • No, I have asked friends to join here but they weren't into it.

3 6.82%
  • No, I would never tell anyone I know to join here.

24 54.55%
  • Another option that I didn't think of.

5 11.36%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, I had an acquaintance and a cousin join. The acquaintance posted a dozen times, stalked my posts for a couple days, and then got mad at me for not being interested in him and disappeared forevermore. That was a pretty awkward couple of days. I definitely will not be so careless when talking about the sites I visit in the future. My cousin, on the other hand just isn't into psychology. He is more of your subject than observer, if ya know what I mean.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I would not invite my friends and family here, not because I don't like the site, but because this is my place to be me and I'm more open about a lot of things here than I am IRL.
    This pretty much goes for any forum for me. My partner knows I'm on here and a couple of others, and I've tried to get him to join one (not this one) but he's not really interested. I haven't told any of my RL friends about any of the forums I'm on.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    Ha! I can see it now. My wife's blog would be along the lines of: "If my husband doesn't stop collecting routers and other equipment, I will stack it on top of him in his sleep so that he is crushed by it's weight".
    Heh. His are all in his closet. I was not pleased to see that they had survived the move to this house, but I don't fuss because at least he stopped hanging onto ten year old computer magazines. It's just a good thing INTPs are so cute.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I've tried on numerous occasions to get my boyfriend to join, but he won't do it. =(
    I got my best friend to join INTPcentral, but he rarely posts there, so i didn't bother trying to lure him here.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I would not invite my friends and family here, not because I don't like the site, but because this is my place to be me and I'm more open about a lot of things here than I am IRL.
    This is pretty much exactly how I feel about it too. I strongly suspect that my friends and family would have little or no interest, but I appreciate the fact that I can be more open here than I can in real life (well, at least I can try - I'm working on it )

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I have a friend that's expressed interest in being on this site, but she's never actually shown up.
    She's pretty unaccountable, so I have no clue if she ever will join here.
    If she did, she probably wouldn't last long either, because she seems to do things in phases.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    GONE

I think there are one or two people that I think would enhance the experience for me, but I'm speaking out of pure selfishness of course. I think I have friends who would be interested in a site like this, but they have other things they should be doing. And like others who've voted, I like having a space for myself. Plus, for a few people in my life if they joined, I would need to scrub at least a thread or two lest they actuallyr ead it...
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    I've my twin here. I lured her here after 3 months here.
    Sometimes we talk about folks here like they're real too, and it stymies our folks during dinner when we go, "hey! You know, whatever said xxx, and Seanan said YYY, I hope Pink is ok..."
    Yes. She knows how i'm immensely attracted to stories and different/new things, so she spent 3 months regaling me with tales of Whatever, Pink, and lots else, playing punk with my Ne til i joined.

ENTPs are evil.

I do try to avoid the threads she's on when she's on sexual/relationship stuff tho. TMI. (No) Need to know basis.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    INTP

I've told family and a few people about this site but none of them are really interested in joining. If they wanted to I wouldn't mind - there's nothing that I've said here (or would say here) that they don't already know, or that I wouldn't feel comfortable in them knowing anyway.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

I have one ISFP friend who joined here, but she's never posted or logged in since that day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.