User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Lol patches you're so sweet! Just you making the effort will show a lot. Extraverts feel like you think you're more important than them if you don't talk to them sometimes
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    The fake one I made for TypoC doesn't count. If I'm not weird enough already, trying to friend her as an anthropomorphised panda named Patches Bear who claims to live at the San Diego Zoo is really going to creep her out.
    Omfg!!!!! This reminds me of when I added TurtleInMyBhuttsecks on Facebook )))
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Now is the part where I talk about moving elsewhere and getting a job like a real life grown up. I've got friends from back in my undergrad days who want me to move in with them. Just trying to figure out where to move, look at jobs, etc.
    Ah, so many decisions. Fantastic luck to the one you choose.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Ah, so many decisions. Fantastic luck to the one you choose.
    I love your avatar. I wonder how long before you start wondering if it's a human saying this or google's machine

OP, congratulations on facing your weaknesses head on. It takes a lot of courage. It's difficult.

I am certain you'll do fine in the end, ISTJs usually do as long as you don't burn yourself out.

Only remember that your propensity to imagine all kinds of different motivations behind what people say or do are based on a weaker part of you (Fi-Ne) which will need help, support and the carte blanche to learn through its mistakes.

Cheers

MBTI
    yupp

I prefer a creepy weird quiet room mate (I actually just had one of those, and he was really weird vacuumed his feet) he was unstable but if he had been normal and an introvert it would've been fine. my other room mate who's moving out she's actually very manipulative and hurt me far worse than he did. She has this way of convincing people to be on her side and i'm glad she's living because i've been very confused about the situations. All I want is someone who pays their bills, we can talk, or not either way, keeps the common area clean, and is respectful.

I'm the type of room mate that respects you, but will have conversations and like having people to cook for. I'm probably not perfect I'm def conflict avoidant and have this trusting streak that gets me in trouble quite a bit. def not a clean freak but I do try to make sure the common area stays clean.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Story time.

So, my first year of college I was in a dorm. This tiny little thing probably no bigger than my mother's closet. My roommate was a pretty chill guy from Colorado, and we never really interacted beyond greetings and pleasantries.

A few months later, an old friend (who I had no idea was attending the same college) runs into me, and we swap numbers to plan a little get-together to catch up. She takes me back to this cute little house she's renting with a few other girls, and her roommate is on the couch, watching Billy Madison, and smoking this bizarre herb I was unfamiliar with (which is no surprise, really, as I'm a huge straight-edge). The smoke was kind of overbearing and soon enough it saturated my clothes with this awful, choking aroma that could have easily been traced back to some tragic accident in the spices aisle of the local grocery store. I smelled awful.

I roll back into the dorm at, like, 1 a.m., quickly (but silently) try to take off my clothes and shove them under the bed with a few other dirty items to try to mask the smell, and climb into bed, praying the stench is contained. Poor guy ends up opening up the door and all our windows to try to ventilate the place, but the smell doesn't leave until well into that Saturday afternoon. We didn't have the right relationship to kind of joke and talk about the smell, so it was just that (extremely offensive) elephant in the room for 18+ hours.

...I had a point to this. Now I can't remember.

Enneagram
    6 so
    Socionics
    ENFp Fi

My roommate and I became best friends this year, despite the fact that I am an INFP who scores 100% on introversion, and she is an ESTJ. It may have helped that I am so/sx, so I am generally pretty attuned to how I am being perceived.

Gathering information from your post, it sounds like you may have been a little bit shy and intimidated around your roommate(s). My advice to you is to not be afraid of them. Focus on asking them questions about themselves and seeing what you have in common. Don't worry about appearing awkward or unlikeable -- when my ESTJ roomie first met me, the first thought that went through her mind was "oh no, my roommate is a freaking weirdo." Turns out, that opinion never changed (but only because she grew to love my weirdness). First impressions certainly aren't everything.