User Tag List

First 4567 Last

speaking from a lot of experience with really, really bad roommates, never make poojuice in community cookware, never wash dishes in a dirty bathtub, make an attempt to keep the common areas/bathrooms/fridge somewhat clean, don't fuck your roommates girlfriend, make yourself appear poorer than you really are(complain about paying bills, don't tip service workers, etc, etc).

these 5 commandments of roommatism were created by me in themoment ad i have no idea if they will help you be better roommate, oh yeah, don't live with people who don't have jobs AND smoke crack, your stuff will go missing.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ISTJ

@Patches. Hey are you still in school? I can relate to a lot of your posts. Update? My main problem is that I just don't like socializing unless I go out of the house and do it.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by rawr_sheila View Post
    @Patches. Hey are you still in school? I can relate to a lot of your posts. Update? My main problem is that I just don't like socializing unless I go out of the house and do it.
    Haha... I actually wrote about this elsewhere... But after several months of everything going REALLY well with that roommate... She vanished.

I left the apartment for the weekend and all of her furniture was still around, everything was normal. When I came back on Sunday night... Everything had vanished. Her bed, her dressers, all of her clothing... It was gone. She never said a word to me about it. It was really creepy. Like a week later I was in my room and heard a sound that scared the shit out of me. I walked out to find her in her empty bedroom blowing up an air mattress. She told me that she was failing out of her classes, and moving to New Mexico to be with her boyfriend.

Fucking strange.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Haha... I actually wrote about this elsewhere... But after several months of everything going REALLY well with that roommate... She vanished.

I left the apartment for the weekend and all of her furniture was still around, everything was normal. When I came back on Sunday night... Everything had vanished. Her bed, her dressers, all of her clothing... It was gone. She never said a word to me about it. It was really creepy. Like a week later I was in my room and heard a sound that scared the shit out of me. I walked out to find her in her empty bedroom blowing up an air mattress. She told me that she was failing out of her classes, and moving to New Mexico to be with her boyfriend.

Fucking strange.
    Wow. Lol, you have some good experiences on your hand

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

you sound like a perfect roommate for me.

uhm.

Are you telling us that you're required to socialize???? holy crap!
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think I would be a fantastic roommate.[/B]
    I think so too, now lets talk about a little thing called naked thursdays, nudist fridays and no clothes saturdays

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Spontaneous changes can give a bit of excitement. A wonder to see what happens next. New roommate now?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Will there be a Shelldonian room mate contract.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think so too, now lets talk about a little thing called naked thursdays, nudist fridays and no clothes saturdays
    I live alone, now. That means every day is Naked Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Spontaneous changes can give a bit of excitement. A wonder to see what happens next. New roommate now?
    Now is the part where I talk about moving elsewhere and getting a job like a real life grown up. I've got friends from back in my undergrad days who want me to move in with them. Just trying to figure out where to move, look at jobs, etc.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Riva

Fucking strange.
    LOLZ

She probably made that story up because she didn't want to scar you for life by admitting you scared her off .

It probably is your fault Patches as mentioned in your OP.

Now is the part where I talk about moving elsewhere and getting a job like a real life grown up. I've got friends from back in my undergrad days who want me to move in with them. Just trying to figure out where to move, look at jobs, etc.
    You'll probably scare them off too.

We did our nails together. I feel like a real girl. My fingernails are pink, and mah toenailses are purple.

I asked her how her classes were going. Like a boss. I'm so good at this game. She's quite the little chatterbox, though. I didn't realize "How are your classes going?" could possibly have a 35 minute answer. But it did.

I haven't brought up her dishes yet. She's definitely letting way too many stack up. This is where I falter. I don't want to make her dislike me or anything, but I also can't live with a sink full of dishes that don't get washed for days.
    Omgosh!!!

This thread is hilarious!!!