User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Is Berlin everything it's chalked up to be?
    Yes. 2nd favorite city in the world for me.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Why do so many Germans hike in the nude?
    I never saw a nude hiker in my life and never heard about the existence of nude hiking either. But let us pretend for a moment that we do nude hike a lot.

That could be:
    a) to get in touch with nature (and a German's nature is the inside of a BMW, wildlife scares us)
    b) to repay the driver (who has a beer belly fetish, at least if the hiker belongs to that very, very small minority of us that doesn't look like Heidi Klum)

What Eurotrash cigs do you prefer to smoke?
    I don't smoke. If, as Eurotrash, you do want to smoke, go for the opposite of Marlboro or Camel (imagewise), Gauloise sounds good. And then there are smaller brands like Rothändle if you are an advanced hipster.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Oh, they love it:

Voters in the heart of the Swiss Alps have passed legislation banning naked hiking after dozens of mostly German nudists started rambling through their picturesque region.
    Swiss vote bans nude hikes after invasion of 'disturbing' Germans

Hike Naked: Germany Opens New Nude-Friendly Nature Trails

I've heard many horror stories from hikers!

How can you be Eurotrash if you don't smoke??

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Damn, I was thinking of hitchhiking. Never mind. But the whole nudism thing is a passtime of a small minority and mainly of a certain generation. I read several articles saying that you mostly see fat old people there because the young ones prefer to keep their cloths on. So it might die out in a few decades.

How can you be Eurotrash if you don't smoke??
    I've got a special permit from Helmut Schmidt.

Schmidt (as was his late wife) is a smoker. He is well known for lighting up cigarettes on TV interviews and talkshows. In January 2008, German police launched an enquiry after Schmidt was reported by an anti-smoking initiative for defying the recently introduced smoking ban. The initiative claimed that Helmut Schmidt had been flagrantly ignoring laws "for decades". Despite pictures in the press, the case was subsequently dropped after the public prosecution service decided that Schmidt's actions had not been a threat to public health.[48]
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Helmut Schmidt sounds more like a renegade American cowboy than Eurotrash!

In November 2007, Schmidt wrote in the German weekly Die Zeit that the United States was a greater threat to world peace than Russia. He argued that Russia had not invaded its neighbours since the conclusion of the Cold War and that he was surprised that Russia allowed Ukraine and other former components of the Soviet Union to secede peacefully. He noted that the United States' invasion of Iraq under George W. Bush was "a war of choice, not a war of necessity."
    LOL! It's like they just wanted to prove him wrong within a year!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_South_Ossetia_war

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Helmut Schmidt sounds more like a renegade American cowboy than Eurotrash!

LOL! It's like they just wanted to prove him wrong within a year!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_South_Ossetia_war
    Yea thats a bit faulty. The Russians did a lot of cruel things during the Cold War and partly are still doing it. Many of those just never got public, since they werent a real democracy for a long time, many critical voices were silenced beforehand.

When Schmidt was chancellor a memorable thing was him pressuring for the NATO double-track decision, which should place bigger rockets in Western Germany that where able to bombard Russia in case of an event. Since Russia had upgraded the range of theirs, Schmidt wanted an upgrade too. That lead to the first massive protest waves in Germany after the War, with the motto "Petting instead of Pershing" and later on lead to the foundation of the party The Greens, which was accelerated by anti-nuclear activist fighting against a nuclear waste disposal zone in the Wendland.

Schmidt strikes me to be someone who likes to be admired for his genius and I think the one thing most bugging him was his vote pro Pershing back then, so that would explain why he would revise his opinion nowadays a bit.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I like Schmidt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I like Schmidt.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d76EIzgsyCs"]Keine Antwort ist auch ne Antwort[/YOUTUBE]
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTj

Good read. Thanks Mr. Herring.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I don't smoke. If, as Eurotrash, you do want to smoke, go for the opposite of Marlboro or Camel (imagewise), Gauloise sounds good. And then there are smaller brands like Rothändle if you are an advanced hipster.
    :Takes meticulous notes:

Rothandle with the two little dots over the 'a'. Gotcha. If I call them 'Roothies' will I get extra hipster points?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari