User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Is Berlin everything it's chalked up to be?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    same reason I'm not as fat as so many of you: a lucky mixture of birth and lifestyle
    Do skinny, effete Europeans tend to get anemia from subsisting on nothing but croissants and espresso?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Is Berlin everything it's chalked up to be?
    I never lived there but plan to and will then be te third generation in my family to have spend at least a few years there.

It is dead ugly in the winter and oky in the summer from an aesthetic point of view. The city's slogan is "poor but sexy" because the adminstration is bascally bankrupt. However, it is probably the place for anything related to cultural activities. The rents are moderate and attracts a lot of artists, young people and all sorts of hipsters. It is a pretty chill place but you better have a jon before you go there, because the economic situation leaves room for improvement.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Do skinny, effete Europeans tend to get anemia from subsisting on nothing but croissants and espresso?
    You have me confused with te French. It's bratwurst, sauerkraut and beer over here and yet I still am a bit aenemic and only weigh 50 kg (oh, and for god's sake, use the f*king metric system, will ya!)
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    You have me confused with te French. It's bratwurst, sauerkraut and beer over here and yet I still am a bit aenemic and only weigh 50 kg (oh, and for god's sake, use the f*king metric system, will ya!)
    Actually I spent 6 months in Augsburg when I was in the military, and I did in fact see quite a few robust Germans.

I'm not averse to switching to metric. I can never remember non-metric liquid measures: How many pints in a quart, and all that.

MBTI
    GONE

Why are you so good at English?

When I was studying Spanish in Spain a Brit student said she had been a nanny in Germany in her youth but she didn't need to speak German because everyone in Germany speaks beautiful English.

Is this true?

And did you notice the terrible run on sentence just now?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

RDF

Reunification of the two Germanies: It seemed like that turned into a longer and more costly undertaking than initially anticipated. How's that going now? Are the two halves integrated fairly seamlessly, or are there still big cultural or economic divides between them?

MBTI
    INTj

Serious question for the bleeding heart part. Do you believe pacifism and submission is better than the use of violence?

MBTI
    IsFJ

Do you send people links to TED talks on scientific and/or sociopolitical topics?

Also, is Sweden actually a paradise on Earth?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Why do I always have to eat: and not:
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]