Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Man, when I read this sort of thing I feel like apologising for the male of the species, I hated the attitude of my peers towards women growing up.
    Don't blame us, blame evolution! It's Trevor the monkey at work within us, fighting for physical comforts and survival.

I however use more sophisticated strategies to progress human development, such as charting the actions we need to take for furthering world peace and universal enlightenment, which are still great works in progress; this renders the hitting on sexy girls practice irrelevant to me and of little use.

Also to be frank, I don't see any real difference in people of different genders apart from a few body parts, but really, the physical does not define who you are. For reference, see my below post from the Aphrodite Questions the Necessity of So Many Men~ thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I don't see people this way. People are not defined by their genitals, they are defined by their inner essence, by what is within their mind.

IQ tests indicate that all people, not man or woman, but people, regardless of gender, are all very much as capable as one another in intellectual feats.

When it comes to the physical though, us dicks are frankly at an advantage, and hence we can do work that requires greater prowess in strength.

But like I originally said, I don't see people in terms of their body, but rather by what is inside. All people have the potential to transform the world for the better.

If we do wish to transform the world for the better, we cannot see people in terms of black and white, male and female, and so forth. We need to accept all individuality, humbly recognizing that each and every person can be of vital importance. This would be a good first step in furthering world peace as well as making universal enlightenment immanent.

And lastly, this belief of mine is more controversial, but I don't believe the human spirit has gender, I just think it takes on a random (self-chosen?) gender in different incarnations.

Too much ingrained sexism going on with both guys and girls these days. As long as someone's being respectful to the people around them with their clothing choices (no bikinis at a funeral) and it doesn't break any law, they can wear whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Don't blame us, blame evolution! It's Trevor the monkey at work within us, fighting for physical comforts and survival.
    I'm not big on those sorts of excuses and rationalisations.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Too much ingrained sexism going on with both guys and girls these days. As long as someone's being respectful to the people around them with their clothing choices (no bikinis at a funeral) and it doesn't break any law, they can wear whatever they want.
    I'm going to make bikinis mandatory at my funeral.

I'm going to put the fun back in funeral.

I'm going to make bikinis mandatory at my funeral.

I'm going to put the fun back in funeral.
    That's awesome, good job! Throw in an inflatable water slide while you're at it. Nothing's more fun than a water slide.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I partly blame the way clothes are made themselves lately. Women's clothing is a various world but it doesn't take much to see that generally the smaller the size of the women's clothes , the more sexy they are designed. The result is tons of cute short shorts, mini skirts and plunging necklines in size 00-5, and it just happens that people age 11-15 usually wear this size. A lot of them specifically play up the cute factor to entice preteen girls to get them. When I was 12, I didn't get the super sparkly size 1 shorts because they were super short, I got them because they had pink sparkles. I was at that typical awkward with my body phase so it definitely wasn't a matter of wanting to show off. Nowadays, it's more of a struggle of finding a shirt that I don't have to buy two other undershirts with in order to not show the upper half part of my chest. Because of course they want you to spend more money by either buying multiple shirts or get their ultra demi push up bra for $59.95 + tax. Sure there are other options, but much of them are either pricey or go the other extreme to frumpy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

They are pigs, I know why they are getting hit on though, a lot of the OMG hot girls are clearly "out of the league" of the guys who're hitting on the "next best thing", I didnt follow those rules but I knew a lot of assholes who did when I was a teenager.
    Yeah, we decided it was the approachability factor. Also, if you don't know them, you could assume the plain way they dress indicates low-self esteem/low hanging fruit. Thankfully that's not the case.
    Man, when I read this sort of thing I feel like apologising for the male of the species, I hated the attitude of my peers towards women growing up.
    Meh. Men don't corner the market on deceit and manipulation.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Snape42 View Post
    I think there are three levels of clothing for women:
    Conservative: Not revealing, practiced by older SJs possibly INJs.
    Sexy: Somewhat revealing, showing off attractive parts of body, practiced mainly by younger SFJs and NFs, most popular option for young attractive girls.
    Slutty: Vulgar clothing, often used to seduce men, used mainly by SPs.
    Yeah, women's clothing is a lot more complicated than that, and so is type. There's a quite a blend of conservative and sexy, and quite a range of types who will wear clothes that are obviously for seduction. The people who often fill clubs are called overtly sexual people, not SPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Snape42 View Post
    Why would you dress sexy if you are apathetic to boys?
    I'm not apathetic to boys, but I'm not particularly attracted them...... I just like positive attention from people. That and I've got a tad of healthy narcissism It's nice to look in the mirror on occasion and think

Though this isn't that relevant since I'm an adult.... I know how to tastefully play up my features a bit, and I also know when I need to wear a hooded sweatshirt and baggy pants to feel comfortable and safe, in areas where simply being a young woman will bring on the catcalls. It's beyond ridiculous that you have to do that, but also nearly insane to break that unwritten rule.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Too much ingrained sexism going on with both guys and girls these days.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Meh. Men don't corner the market on deceit and manipulation.
    They did, however, corner the market on sexualized aggression and predation.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    They did, however, corner the market on sexualized aggression and predation.
    Well, I can't argue with that. It sucks that many of us have to go through life thinking like prey because of that.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers