User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Desensitizing one's self is what's leading to the decay of America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhY-Q...3FBDBEF0662898

This video ^^ demonstrates how this:

Leads to this:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGPCIc4F26E&feature=player_embedded#!"]Stuff[/YOUTUBE]

And everyone reacts to the news reports like this:

As if it weren't leading up to these sort of things for years and years.. Because people do this:

When someone complains that something offensive is out and about.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTx

Wait until you catch a guy taking a second glance at your 14 year old daughter and see if you feel differently then.

MBTI
    ISTx

Wait until you catch an older guy taking a second glance at your 14 year old daughter and see if you feel differently then.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Wait until you catch an older guy taking a second glance at your 14 year old daughter and see if you feel differently then.
    that'll happen regardless of what she's wearing

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

what i'm about to say is probably totally unfair but i think if my daughter has a lil girls body when shes a teenager...like tomboyish and lacking in curves than i'll be a lot more lax about it....as far as tanktops and form fitting tops but if shes got boobs and hips...i'm going to buy her clothes more loose fitting and not lot her wear anything low cut.

i'll make sure it's still cute n fashionable tho.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    that'll happen regardless of what she's wearing
    No, if there's nothing to see, there's nothing to see (at whatever age). I'm a guy, so just trust me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

would it matter if she still looked like a lil girl? but was wearing a tanktop?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Do you think that wearing clothing that advertises/enhances sexuality (whether it be tight clothing, very short skirts or shorts, or a lot of skin showing) shouldn't be viewed by others as advertising sexuality? I mean... the fact of the matter is that it IS. Do you see that changing? Even the women who wear this clothing know very well what responses the clothing will illicit from men (aside from maybe very very young girls who see it only as the trendy style and don't know yet that it in fact does play up ones sexuality).
    Eh, since my original post, I've refined my thinking a bit. There are obviously two sides to this. How girls dress and why, and what boys think about it. My point of view, is from the boys side. What this basically comes down to is when to apply the label 'slut', which is a label with a sentiment that I don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I'm hard-pressed to think of any woman/teenager who actually wears this sort of clothing without knowing it will illicit more attention from guys. Each of us dresses the way we do to illicit SOME sort of response or create our visual 'identity', if you will. Whether that's goth, or just a t-shirt and jeans, or deliberately modest, etc. Women know very well that wearing certain types of clothing will get more response from men, and that tighter clothing will play up/highlight ones physical assets. So 'revealing clothing' is often done intentionally; or at the very least, even if the girl isn't promiscuous, she knows wearing that clothing will get more attention from the guys, in a sexual way. Why would it not? This has been going on for centuries... wearing certain clothing to enhance perceived attraction to the opposite sex. The styles change, but the concept is the same... attracting the opposite sex.
    Why people wear things, I just can't say. Maybe she's got barely anything on because she doesn't have air conditioning. I have no idea. Maybe she knows that men will react to her in a certain way, and maybe she doesn't care for more practical, or maybe even impractical non-sexual reasons (fashion).

All of your statements, begs the question in my mind, how sexually aware should a girl with breasts be exactly? That's something for me to think about. As far as what boys think, we should treat a woman with respect, even if they are as naked as a blue jay.. or even more salacious yet, wearing frilly lingerie. But, then again, I am an idealist.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    No, if there's nothing to see, there's nothing to see (at whatever age). I'm a guy, so just trust me.
    well, i know from personal experience that guys will harrass you on the street no matter what you're wearing. i'm a girl, trust me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

this is a tricky subject, because there's definitely a line that can be crossed when the clothing becomes too sexual, but everyone defines it differently. like i feel that someone going out in a g-string and pasties is asking for it, but some people feel the same way about skirts above the knee or tank tops. i'd just think a parent could use their best judgement without being unrealistically strict.

the girls with the strict parents who sheltered them like crazy usually end up being the wildest, most promiscuous ones.