User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

The only thing my family would agree upon for sure is the 'P' "We've been in the drive-thru for five minutes, just pick something already!"

They'd probably agree upon the 'N' with adequate explanation of it. Can't say for sure what they'd pick for the other two letters though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    like most EFJ mothers, mine thinks there is something wrong with me
    My dad thinks there's something wrong with me because I get nervous talking to new people and talking with people doesn't come naturally to me. Because of this, I frequently misspeak and then mumble and misspeak more when I realize that I've made a fool of myself to the person I'm talking to because it harms my ego and hurts my feelings, and I often drag out explanations of things that take most people a few seconds to explain. My dad calls me out on it when I'm talking to him and says, "Are you stupid?" or "Can you talk?" and gets annoyed with my social incompetence. It's just that it almost always seems there's never the right wording to convey what I want to say.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Dad would type me ENTP 8w9 or 3w4
    Mom would type me ESFP 8w7 or 4w3
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    The only thing my family would agree upon for sure is the 'P' "We've been in the drive-thru for five minutes, just pick something already!"
    I'm the same way!
    My dad doesn't seem to understand how it's so hard to know what you want.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    IsFJ

I actually sent one of them some descriptions without the numbers/letters... INxP 5 seems to be the most consistent assessment.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "Mom, what would you type me as?"
    "What? you're my child. What are you talking about?"

"Dad, what would you type me as?"
    *silence*

Naw, this is just gonna end badly.

Honestly, I don't know how my parents would type me even if they understood type.
    Yeah... this is rather how it went down with my parents maybe 3 years ago or so when I chatted nonchalantly about mbti. Neither are much interested in giving mbti the time of day (both tend to roll their eyes at it), and when I read various blips from more than one personality profile, to try to get my mom to pinpoint on one or the other as far as what I was like as a child, she just said parts from one pertained to me and parts from another pertained to me.

To be fair, I externalized VERY little growing up, so they had/have very little to work with when it comes to who I am. Anything they do have is going to be achievement-oriented, rather than actual cognitive processing. Traits like 'intelligent', and 'you can do anything if you put your mind to it', or stuff like that. They couldn't even easily tell me what my best qualities/key strengths were when I was trying to work through a Career Book several years ago and I was supposed to get external feedback. THAT rather frustrated me -- that it was like pulling teeth to get my parents to come up with what my key strengths were, and in the end they didn't give me anything solid. I fail at them knowing me, apparently. That, and I think they just tend not to think about things in this way.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Glycerine

IXTJ
    EXTJ

before I brainwashed about my type.

MBTI
    nnnn

I can't imagine them picking anything other than INT. Going by the profile rather than the functions and because I display a lot of P traits and am more familiar with P thought compared to them they might end up with INTP. When it comes down to it though, I'd put my money on them typing me correctly. They know me well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I have no idea how they would type me......when I first took an MBTI test in a really bad book (LoveTypes....my sister bought it), I scored INTP & I read it to my mom & she didn't seem to think it fit me. She told me it didn't sound creative enough. My mom always sees me as artistic/creative, and that particularly profile made INTPs sound very dry & scientific.

My INFJ aunt, who has some knowledge in MBTI typed me as INFJ also on a facebook quiz, but I think it's because she sees me as being like her.

I remember I did all these psychology assessment assignments in 8th grade because of a book we were reading (Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde... I think), and we had to get a family member involved on a few, and my mom tended to choose traits which amounted to "creative" and "stubborn" for me. However, she also generally regards me as disorganized and not punctual, and very introverted, so I think she'd type me as an IxxP in MBTI at the very least. I know for enneagram she'd spot me as a 4 easily.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    my parents would definitely type me as I and TJ because I am cold and businesslike around them...
    Businesslike?

What exactly do you negotiate… How much money they give you for candy after you finish your chores…?