User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    once i zoned out during a calculus test, woke up 10 minutes later pregnant in a bathtub filled with ice with the words "griffindore" scribbled on the wall in blood
    That's called drugs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    How often does this happen to you? Any interesting stories?
    At least once a day, which has led to countless instances of lost items(keys, cell phone, wallet) appointments/commitments, and many a scorched/exploded/melted Swanson/Lean Cuisine/Hot Pocket meals. Heck, I wrecked my first car because I zoned out while driving, and in my neighborhood on a residential two-way street of all places.

I've realized I tend to just go through the daily motions of most of my normal activities on autopilot while my mind is actually somewhere wandering through a dense forest of thought, which can lead to disaster. Just the other day after filling my car up with gas I drive out of the parking lot and halfway down the street before I realized I never put my gas cap back on or closed the hatch for the tank. This was yet again the product of zoning out in the midst of some internal debate with myself over some trivial issue, and the only reason I realized was because I looked out driver's side window and noticed it looked like my car was the bat mobile about to deploy a parachute or something, and instantly the Metal Gear Solid alert sound goes off in my head and I panicked, swerved off the road and went back to the gas station to see if I could find the cap, which had luckily just fallen immediately as I pulled off and was right next to the pump.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

I laugh out loud when I look back on how ridiculous I must've looked in such cases. I get asked a question. Five weeks after widening my eyes and completely zoning out, "Oh, hey."

Thankfully, the worker at the store I'm thinking about was equally spaced out.
    "How does this shirt work?" he asked, fumbling with a spaghetti-strap top that had an O-ring at the back.
    I accidentally gave him a 5 in place of a 20 (had the 20 in my other hand) and didn't realize it for a while. Pointed it out as he was putting the bill in the cash register, and he was like, "Ohhh, okay. I'm not all there today. For a minute, I was just kind of like... that doesn't make sense."

It was Lollapalooza weekend, so I'm thinking he was sleep-deprived from staying out the night before.

Which reminds me... 3AM coming home from the movies, I stopped at the Walgreens in the middle of the crowded-ass club scene. Grabbed something to drink and some snacks for the night. Went up to the cash register. "How can I help you?" I just blinked and thought, wtf do you mean, how can you help me? I'm buying something and checking out. Obviously, that was before I connected the dots and realized she was talking about cigarettes and alcohol.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I do have direction zone outs while driving, especially in places Im familiar. I sometimes end up somewhere I wasnt supposed to be.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Sometimes I forget how to do basic things I've done all my life, like how I squeeze out my toothpaste or how to properly pull my pants back up after I poop. I just stare and wonder how I ever fulfilled these tasks and have to "relearn" them. And then there's the majority of time where I'm just a space cadet.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Never. I may be a slow thinker at times but I am always heavily concentrated. That is what makes drinking so expensive for me :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I don't much have a problem with zoning out (unless I'm really tired) but forgetful? I'm getting my old lady badge early on in life.

I'll be talking about someone, using their name and then, quite literally the very next minute I'll be reaching for their name. I don't remember details of my life very well. I'm even having difficulty remembering instances of my forgetfulness for this thread.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've been trying to remember this bands name for over a week now, and seriously, it's already dangling from my tongue for days now. I see abstract visualisations about the name of the band, I hear tones that relate to the band. Buit for the life of me, the damn name just doesn't want to fall off of my tongue.

Everyday I feel like I am closer to remembering the name. Everyday I feel like I have unraveled more parts of the puzzle, but the name still eludes me.

....It's kinda funny, sometimes I'm like, I GOT IT!! Wait a minute, what was it exactly that I was thinking just now? Hmmm, must have been something else then. It's like I actually see the name of the band inside my head, but I forgot how to write or pronounce it.

Does that count as 'zoning out' as well?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

I zone out everyday.
    While watching TV. While talking to someone. While listening to someone. During meetings at work. On the bus/train and I forget my stop. I forget things a lot too. Names, faces, things I have to do, where I put something.

What I never forget though is directions and also where things are located.

I was probably thinking about something fascinating. But once I 'zone in' I don't remember why I zoned out.
    I 50 N 100 T 62 P 39

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

People who zone out to much mybe need to install ZoneAlarm...

Oh god that joke was so flat, I feel ashamed a bit now
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]