First 1234 Last

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

This happens way too frequently for me at home, especially when I have to go get something from the deep freezer... I get lost in thought and my mind drifts far from present reality, and then I go down to the freezer and I blank out... "What was I supposed to get? Peas? Green beans?" Then I have to guess with my intuition what was needed, and luckily I end up getting the right thing. I've suffered this since childhood, I must admit. One of my elementary teachers wrote on the report card comments "frequently needs to be refocused into tasks" or "is unaware of time spent doing tasks". I took way too long to do things because my mind was elsewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    How often does this happen to you? Any interesting stories?
    PS you probably already know this but you are not "allowed" to do this. You are ENTJ after all.

It is your job to catch people "sleeping on the job" so to speak and whip them into shape.

That is how I know you are just gathering information so you can keep an eye out and later snap at us, "Hey! WAKE UP!"

This is also why I recuse myself from this question.

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    STP

This is actually a daily occurring to me. It happens probably at least 5-10 times a day. It's such a thing that people who are close to me find it very irritating sometimes and have tried to train it out of me. Usually, I am idling my attention of the world around me (Se?) and allowing the introverted functions (Ti/Ni) to run... it happens anytime I make a decision where the best choice isn't inherently obvious. Personally I find it unfair that my friends do this because I am the so-called born leader of the group and it's part of being a good leader. Quite often I'm thinking of their best interests, but they don't know that, so they just get irritated because I'm "out of it" or "not here", or "not interacting". Truth is, I'm well aware of what's going on, I'm just kind of ignoring it for a moment so that I can make a decision without being negatively swayed by the emotions of myself or others.

There are other times where I drift into this kind of enjoyable state where I basically turn off my brain, but that's on purpose and a guilty pleasure of sorts.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

This morning I nearly sprayed hairspray on my contact lens when I meant to reach for the similarly-shaped contact rinse solution.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Glycerine

I zone out and detach a ton. The only thing I rarely forget is my homework and appointments.

I locked myself out of my dorm room last year at least 10 times at 25 dollars a pop but the security guys took pity on me and my dad only had to pay 50 dollars.

I was walking out of philosophy class thinking about Aristotle and fell down a few stone steps, my skirt flipped up and I am pretty sure several people saw my underwear. :P

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

today walked into the womens restroom on accident....while lost in thought.
    9w?

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    today walked into the womens restroom on accident....while lost in thought.
    I have done that before. I was so deep in thought that I didn't realise it was the men's room until I got out of the stall and I was greeted with a man's stare. I somehow did not see the urinals when I first came in.

MBTI
    ISTx

I had a dumbass, sensor-fail moment just today. I went into a couple of different shoe stores looking for a specific shoe. A couple of my first stops were shoe stores that kept their supply in the back so you just tell the employee what shoe you want to try on and in what size. So, I go into the third store. They have their display out and then the shoe boxes are stacked on shelves under the display. I idiotically didn't even realize that and asked the employee if they had my size and if so, that I'd like to try it on, he pointed right in front of me at the shoebox(es) and said "yeah, it's right there"...

My pride was ruined and I didn't even make off with new shoes today... Fail.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Another sensor-fail: calling the cab company and giving them their own phone number when they ask for yours.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

once i zoned out during a calculus test, woke up 10 minutes later pregnant in a bathtub filled with ice with the words "griffindore" scribbled on the wall in blood