User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default Unconscious Audio

I hear things in that little pocket of space between being awake and asleep. Not all of the time, but sometimes and depending on what my brain coughs up, it can be disturbing.

The thing I most often hear is the sound of people murmuring. Sometimes I hear a phantom baby cry. Or If I'm particularly worried about something that has an auditory componant, I hear that. For instance: the front door closing when nobody lives with me, the phone ringing, the door knocking.

And what is prompting me to write this thread is that always for a day after a music concert, I hear the same music playing as I nod off from fatigue at my desk. Does anybody else have this?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Yes. I put it down to me being slightly insane.

It's not wise but when i go to bed, i meditate and try to put myself in a trance like state so i can hear messages. I have heard voices mumbling, occasional faces come to the front of my mind and when it happens with intensity, my name has been shouted at me which brings me instantly into the here and now while on the verge of a heart attack.

I have a sensitive mind, lol.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, I get this. Music is my head can sometimes keep me up at night. It was usually inspired by something I heard earlier in the day.
    I don't hear human voices usually, but occasionally if I have a fan on, I will hear a distant murmuring, with the prosody of speech, but without recognizable words. but I'm awake when this happens.

ThatGirl

I have a theory that schizophrenics are stuck in the semi-lucid state you're describing.

ReflecTcelfeR

I always thought those were coming from a nearby computer. Radio signals don't stop being sent just because nothing technological can receive them. I imagine we should be able to hear them when in a quiet enough state.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    I always thought those were coming from a nearby computer. Radio signals don't stop being sent just because nothing technological can receive them. I imagine we should be able to hear them when in a quiet enough state.
    Future Schizophrenic.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Future Schizophrenic.
    Hahaha, that did sound a little crazy... Hm, maybe the voices are right.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This doesn't sound good. I've never experienced this myself, but the kind of murmuring/crying etc. you describe sounds like the beginning of hearing voices.

The sooner you address this, the sooner you take meds, the more sanity you'll have. Mental illness, like cancer, will ravage you the longer it's left untreated. It can be contained fairly well if you address it consistently at a young enough age.

I hear songs in my head a lot, but they're in my head, and it's just because I listen to music so much. I don't actually "hear" the music, I just wake up with songs in my head like some people would wake up with other kinds of thoughts in their head.

SO...be sure you're actually "hearing" things because that is different than having a song stuck in your head.

Ginkgo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Have fun. This isn't a symptom of any sort of crazy.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Have fun. This isn't a symptom of any sort of crazy.
    Is this one of Hobo Man's powers? The power of SCIENCE!