First 123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

HEY! I HATE HUMANITY FOR THE SAME REASONS YOU DO!

Roughly speaking, of course.

I would have probably been a lot nastier to that scooter lady sooner. Props on your self-control.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I've got a nice love/hate relationship with humanity.
    I could say many people are generally stupid, they pop out too many kids, they are too impulsive, they spend too much money on unnecessary crap, etc. In the same token, we keep advancing upon advancements and we tend to have more freedom of choice overall with things like marriage, kids, careers, and a general idea of equality.

It's really the stupidity that does it for me. That and being inconsiderate. It gives me that moment of little-to-no-hope.
    In the same token, I can do a quick internet search and turn my thought process around. For all of that bad, there are so many little instances of good that people put forth. Guess it's why I watch flash mobs and so on.

Though sometimes I go onto textsfromlastnight.com. Not to restore any hope in humanity, but to restore my humor toward the stupidity.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm gonna guess every generation of humanity has said this about human society since the dawn of time.
    ... but look. We're still around, and decent people exist. Go figure.
    Talking about yourself in the plural sense is pretty sad, Jennifer.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Talking about yourself in the plural sense is pretty sad, Jennifer.
    Naw. If i meant plural, I'd have said "peoples"!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Naw. If i meant plural, I'd have said "peoples"!
    Oh, ok...

That's also pretty sad. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    Do you ever have one of those days that you think that the majority of people are worthless, stupid, and do not contribute positively to man kind whatsoever?
    All I need to do is go outside most of the time, my town and most of the outlying areas are the epitome of useless.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The only time I get close to hating humanity as a whole is when I realize everybody is pretty much playing out the same drama and has to learn the same things and make the same mistakes on a global scale and also throughout history.

Ginkgo

Someone I know, if only vaguely, told me I had no faith in humanity. In my defense, I have faith that humanity will continue to be the twisted, complicated, dirty, bizarre, unpredictable, but always interesting group of creatures it always has been until it vanishes.

Why do you hate humanity?
    Because the best moments of my life have been in settings where people can't yell or scream or push or shove or tell me I can't be there or make me communicate when I'm trying to enjoy myself. Basically, people pollute my senses, force me to do things that make me feel awful for preconceived or philosophically defined reasons, thus making it hard to enjoy anything.

If I existed on the planet with one other person, I think the earth would be my Eden. But with so many people everywhere and setting so many restrictions on how I can enjoy this Eden, I'd say it's overall closer to Hell.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think that I'd probably be comfortable helping the lady, being an Eagle Scout and all. However, I'm not sure she would ask me because I'm 5'11", 230 Lbs, and I shave my head...frequently completely self-absorbed...and sometimes when people talk to me in public, I look at the general direction of the person rather than at them. Probably my "WTF look would scare the beezebus out of her." However, I'd probably be so nice helping her that she'd discontinue requests...if she could get past the psychological block.

That said, I hate people who talk during movies at the theater. Probably 15 years ago, I threw my soda at one.

Nowadays with all the philosophy, Buddhism and mysticism I've read, I may just ignore it or walk out...or seldom go to the movies.

I think if I really allow myself to feel something, and wish the best for other people, then their POWER to make me angry will dissipate.

You see, if I'm up at 3:00 AM thinking about burning someone's house down, then who is suffering. ME!!!!!!!!!!!! Not them.

There is a recovery expression. Holding on to resentment is like drinking poison and expecting others to die.

This was my simple message the few times I've done prison ministry. Many of those people are constantly fantasizing about killing the person on the outside, typically the people who put them in prison.

But if you really wish the best for someone, then I believe their power to make you angry will leave. They can do that thing that makes you mad right in front of you, and it will have absolutely no effect. It will be like trying to paint the sky by throwing a can of paint in the air. It simply won't matter.