User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I could go for a new narrative
    I hear that. I wouldn't mind getting rid of all the narratives. They seem deceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Who told you that, Mr. Psychotherapy-Is-A-Cult?
    Of course insulting me personaly is expressing your anger. However expressing your anger in this way is against the rules of Central and may lead to banning,

You have made a good step in expressing your anger. Keep on doing this and find appropriate ways of expressing your anger. You have made a good first step, now take the second.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Hey stupid,

Do you ever feel completely and utterly bored of yourself? I do.

I'm taking this class where I have to reflect on my life and talk into a recorder. When I start talking, I just default to the same old complaints and stuck-points I always do and I feel like a total fake. It feels like a script. It all feels very stale. All the "issues" and concerns and conflicts...BORRRRING.

How about you? Let's bond.
    YES!!!!! I was just thinking about this exact topic today! My day is just one big loop. I won't get into it of course, it would defeat the purpose of the thread. But I will tell you that I thought about this once in high school when another high schooler said that she read that most people are thinking duplicate/ similar thoughts/ loops 95 percent of the time and only 5 percent of the time come up with something new. So the topic comes up every once in a while in the loop. So TODAY, for the bazillionth time, I was walking into work, and had the same "in head" conversation.

"I take this door into work because it takes me in a straight line through the building. That's why I get there faster than everybody else. Doesn't anybody realize that this is a straight line? Why does everyone wonder why I can park farther away and get to the unit faster? It's obvious. Hmm... They should build a path to the building and a hallway that gives the shortest route to the unit." Finally the other voice interrupted- "If I have this conversation one more time I'm going to scream!!!!!!" Well geez, it doesn't help that every time somebody asks me why I got there faster and I respond "because my path is practically a straight line" and they look at me like I have nine heads. And then I go on the rant again and it's truly getting ingrained in my psyche. I wish I could just shut the F up about the straight line (and every other repetitive thought) already!! It's worse than that Office Space guy with his stapler.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Of course insulting me personaly is expressing your anger. However expressing your anger in this way is against the rules of Central and may lead to banning,
    Already whining? Stop threatening me or go away. You're boring me/us/everyone.

You have made a good step in expressing your anger. Keep on doing this and find appropriate ways of expressing your anger. You have made a good first step, now take the second.
    You still didn't address my question, which was sincere: who says boredom is repressed anger? I think that's stupid.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    YES!!!!! I was just thinking about this exact topic today! My day is just one big loop. I won't get into it of course, it would defeat the purpose of the thread. But I will tell you that I thought about this once in high school when another high schooler said that she read that most people are thinking duplicate/ similar thoughts/ loops 95 percent of the time and only 5 percent of the time come up with something new. So the topic comes up every once in a while in the loop. So TODAY, for the bazillionth time, I was walking into work, and had the same "in head" conversation.

"I take this door into work because it takes me in a straight line through the building. That's why I get there faster than everybody else. Doesn't anybody realize that this is a straight line? Why does everyone wonder why I can park farther away and get to the unit faster? It's obvious. Hmm... They should build a path to the building and a hallway that gives the shortest route to the unit." Finally the other voice interrupted- "If I have this conversation one more time I'm going to scream!!!!!!" Well geez, it doesn't help that every time somebody asks me why I got there faster and I respond "because my path is practically a straight line" and they look at me like I have nine heads. And then I go on the rant again and it's truly getting ingrained in my psyche. I wish I could just shut the F up about the straight line (and every other repetitive thought) already!! It's worse than that Office Space guy with his stapler.
    It's interesting because when you think about it, the metacognition ("there I go again!") is also a loop. At least for me. I'm guessing for you too.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

It's interesting because when you think about it, the metacognition ("there I go again!") is also a loop. At least for me. I'm guessing for you too.
    Yep, it's totally part of the loop. "I'm thinking the same exact thing as I was this time yesterday, it's part of the loop. And now thinking about the loop is part of the loop. I should try to come up with something else. Wait, that's part of the loop too. Forcing another thought into my head is part of the loop. Might as well give up and go back to the straight line, since that seems to satiate some mental need I have."

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yep, it's totally part of the loop. "I'm thinking the same exact thing as I was this time yesterday, it's part of the loop. And now thinking about the loop is part of the loop. I should try to come up with something else. Wait, that's part of the loop too. Forcing another thought into my head is part of the loop."
    :marionette:

You still didn't address my question, which was sincere: who says boredom is repressed anger? I think that's stupid.
    To call something stupid is expressing anger. This is the first step away from boredom. The second step is giving reasons.

MBTI
    INTP

Lets talk about anger and boredom

How do these two relate to one another?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Lets talk about anger and boredom

How do these two relate to one another?
    Anger is repressed boredom.
    Wait, or boredom is repressed anger. or.
    Shoot.
    Can't seem to get in on Victors mental loop, he probably thinks about this way more than he should.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.