User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

The main problem I see with this is how socially defined attractiveness is for men and women. I'd almost say that people with higher I.Q.s, a test that already has cultural limitations, are going to be better at packaging themselves to fit a social norm of beauty.

Permabanned

Yet more evidence that IQ is garbage.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    The main problem I see with this how socially defined attractiveness is for men and women. I'd almost say that people with higher I.Q.s, a test that already has cultural limitations, are going to be better at packaging themselves to fit a social norm of beauty.
    There is much to be derived from this post.

Above all is this though: "What a bunch of crap, that study.".
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Erm, IQ tests are severely racist and takes class discrimination a step further. Lets take a look here. What is usually deemed attractive: Smooth skin, neat hair, great hygiene, well-dressed, white perfect teeth, typically blonde hair and Caucasian features, light skin for People of Color (means they do not do physical labor AKA are rich) and tanned skin for Caucasians (have enough money to go to fucking Fiji), etc.

All of the above is easily attainable if you're wealthy; got money? Fix yo' teeth and get yo' hair did. Buy some nice clothes--maybe buy a bottle of Marc Jacobs Daisy. You're fucking beautiful, huh? Wealthy people have access to awesome schools, great teachers, which equals fucking awesome education. If you have access to all of these, OFC you're going to be smarter than someone who lives in the projects. Also, IQ tests are sexist. I believe women originally did better than men on IQ tests, so the tests were changed. You have to be weary of "statistics"; there is a correlation of attractive people being smarter, but there is probably a reasonable reason WHY this is true, like I stated above.

Anyway, IQ tests were constructed for the typical White upper-middle class male. POINT INVALID.

~brush shoulders off~
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

^^Cross refernce this with the 'There Are No Unattractive Women' thread.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    Yet more evidence that IQ is garbage.
    Yea IQ isn't very useful, and isn't nearly as related to the concept of intelligence as the popular opinion thinks it is. It has a whole list of problems (such as paperoceans' list), as do General Intelligence tests and other related things (though some of those are a lot better).

However, that doesn't change the fact that IQ is correlated to intelligence, success in education and work, a lot of skills, creativity, innovation and other mental qualities. Not the strongest correlation out there by a long way, but especially in the range of 70-130 (SD 15), it's quite significant. It pretty much loses that significance as soon as you get notably out of that range.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

LOL I guess they didn't really sample any academics.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Also IQ doesn't equal success like the guy in the video was saying.
    It has been noted that good looking people tend to be more successful than average because they get better treatment due to their aesthetically pleasing appearance, i.e. people cut them more slack if they fuck up, offer them lofty position despite many better qualified ugly applicants, etc
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Inbred people are both stupid and ugly, so that might have something to do with it. Bad breeding is bad breeding.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Also, they said attractive, not beautiful. Attractive means symmetry, clear eyes, good teeth, that sort of thing. Healthy people are also more attractive, and health can be linked to good genes, or just fucking taking care of yourself...I think someone already mentioned that the more intelligent someone is, the more likely they may be to look after themselves physically.

Did anyone else notice this was done in London? Refer back to my inbreeding comment, please.