User Tag List

First 3456 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I don't feel like an adult because I haven't achieved anything that makes me feel like my life has progressed.

I don't know what it is I do feel like, though. Certainly not a child or a teenager.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think I'll always be a kid at heart--but I don't miss being a child. I like being an adult, and doing things in an adult way.

I do work, pay my bills, and function in society.. I'm not a kid anymore in that sense, and I don't suppose I ever will be again. I'm okay with this.
    But as far as 'growing up' in the way I enjoy things, act during my personal time, etc? I see no reason to. I'm an adult, I do what I want. XD
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    wow, for someone who's so confident they're an adult you sure are butt hurt.
    Where did I ever say that I was an adult? Much less that I'm confident of my own adulthood? I merely made the distinction between definition of "adulthood" by public perception, by material possessions/career path and the "inner" me as perceived by myself. I am not sure why you are attacking me.

MBTI
    STP

One of the first things I learned about being "grown up" when I was a child was that everyone has a different idea of what that means. The definition of maturity that I've found to be true is that you have "grown up" past a difficult area of your life when you are able to talk about it openly and honestly with people you don't know.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Where did I ever say that I was an adult? Much less that I'm confident of my own adulthood? I merely made the distinction between definition of "adulthood" by public perception, by material possessions/career path and the "inner" me as perceived by myself. I am not sure why you are attacking me.

I'm not attacking you. you're the one being defensive
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I think I'll always be a kid at heart--but I don't miss being a child. I like being an adult, and doing things in an adult way.

I do work, pay my bills, and function in society.. I'm not a kid anymore in that sense, and I don't suppose I ever will be again. I'm okay with this.
    But as far as 'growing up' in the way I enjoy things, act during my personal time, etc? I see no reason to. I'm an adult, I do what I want. XD
    Yeah this is pretty much how I feel! Still enjoy fun things, being goofy, etc, but I just have some responsibilities for myself and others now, that's all.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm 32. I do feel like an adult, but I'm not sure when that started. Probably nebulously somewhere in my mid-late twenties.

But I'd like to think I'm childlike in some ways at least: I like having silly but strangely serious crushes (dead poets and actors who play Sherlock Holmes are a must), I love children's books and escapist fantasy (at least if it's well written), and I can run around squee-ing like a total fan girl if I'm at a rock concert, confronted with a favourite writer, or something similar. Weird sense of humour also a must. In those respects I have changed almost not at all since I was 14 or so. I'm actually more relaxed and have more sense of fun, in some ways, than in my teens - I took everything soooo seriously then.

I think I'm an adult but I'm not boring. What I do find difficult is that I thought I'd have more figured out and be more at peace with myself by now. I do understand myself better but I also seem to find more flaws and more pitfalls for interactions with others.

I'm probably an old soul in some ways and young at heart in others. People do tend to think I'm older, which is irritating. I'm very tall so it was understandable when I was a tall 14 year old or whatever, but in my thirties?? I've noticed it's an assumption people make though - if you're shorter you must be younger and older if taller, though I'm plainly past the age when I've stopped growing. I dress young-ish (probably more so than when I was younger, as I live in a fashion conscious city) and can get away with that due to being slim, so I don't think I look older than my age. I probably look my age give or take two or three years. But I think I also express myself with a certain formality and gravitas (seriously) and people attribute that to being older.

It's a mixed bag, being adult. I'd not really want to go through all the confusion of teens and twenties again, but the thirties are proving difficult too.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm not attacking you. you're the one being defensive
    I doubt so, I'm not a particularly sensitive or defensive person. Perhaps I should create a poll.

In the novel Cat's Eye Margaret Atwood wrote

The quote seems to resonate with many, many people. Me included

Have you ever seen this film? It is several years old, but he comes from a genuine place and spends a quantity of time discussing quarter life crisis. It may speak to you.

[YOUTUBE="djRfFryAwuA"]an alternative to slitting your wrist[/YOUTUBE]
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    In the novel Cat's Eye Margaret Atwood wrote
    <quote>
    The quote seems to resonate with many, many people. Me included
    Yes, I experienced that too.

I actually think in some ways I was not an adult, because it took me until my 30's to realize I was still doing (or not doing) a lot of things in order to keep the respect of my parents and their peers. Once I finally started making decisions for my life based on what was best for me, regardless of what my elders thought, then I truly began to feel like an adult. But it wasn't easy; I lost some of their respect, yet I gained self-respect.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft