First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Everyone matures at a different time; some people become adults by the time they are in their late teens as they venture off into the world ready to act accordingly and manage themselves well; some people don't become adults until their late 20's as they still possess child like qualities and features that cannot be given up easily but rather take time to grow out of.

Hell, I'm turning 22 in a couple weeks and as far as I'm considered, I'm a Man Child.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I don't feel one specific age
    - part of me is a 10 year old boy with his head in the clouds who just wants to play, goof off and day dream
    - part of me is a 40 year old man who carries himself with poise, integrity and confidence
    - part of me is a 26 year old businessman trying to hustle and improve his means
    - part of me is a 30 year old gentleman who likes to seduce potential partners, take them on expensive dates and make them feel taken care of
    - part of me is a 5 year old that just wants to snuggle
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

ThatGirl

This thread is the main reason I have decided to start dating older men.

MBTI
    yupp

screw you too, tg
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INtP

I think a lot of people feel like this... I'm 40, and I don't feel all that much different than I did at 20. That is, my internal state doesn't feel different. I'm sure I'm probably much different, but it doesn't feel like it... I still feel like me. The recognition of change in ourselves takes a sort of flashpoint to mark a definitive state of "before" and "after", something that really changes us day-to-day (I think having kids is probably the most obvious). Without something definite like that, changes just sort of grow on us, and we feel as if we've not changed... when we have.

Lots of adults don't feel like adults -- even if we can handle ourselves without supervision just fine. So basically, don't worry about it, Purple -- it's not just you .

<goes off to play videogames with friends, to be followed up with a movie and ice cream>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    nnnn

24/25 was the culmination of a time of internal struggles for me...I think looking back on it, and with the feeling I have now I'd say I've grown up, but it basically means I've become a lot more self-aware and am being more responsible towards myself and others (especially emotionally, but also physically, mentally...). It's not set in stone this peace of mind, I suppose there will be more upheavals, still, I do feel like something fundamental has changed...a coming into my own.

It's only increased my capacity for goofiness, same childlike wonder, affinity for fantasy, more childlike enthusiasm and sense of exploration/adventure...sooo...

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Define adult.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    yupp

steady career can pay bills possible settled or settling down watches the news, has someone what of an idea of how their future might look I have no job, I need help paying bills, i'm no where near settled, I don't have a career, I don't know where I'm living in a month.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I'm in my late twenties, and I'm lagging behind others in a lot of ways. Socially, relationally, in terms of career and independence. Often it doesn't feel right that time continues to pass so quickly and I keep getting older, and I'm not getting anywhere. It makes me desperate and almost panicky sometimes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    steady career can pay bills possible settled or settling down watches the news, has someone what of an idea of how their future might look I have no job, I need help paying bills, i'm no where near settled, I don't have a career, I don't know where I'm living in a month.
    That's a very narrow definition of "adult". Going by your definition, 9.2% of Americans over the age of 18 are non-adults right now.

In this current climate of globalisation and uncertainty, having a "steady" and "defined" career path is no longer realistic. It's no longer the '80s.

I would say that economically speaking, I am not "an adult" by my own definitions (completely financially independent with a down-payment on property). But psychologically speaking, I think I'm more sensible than average. I can hold my own in a conversation about taxes, investment, long-term financial planning, global issues and local politics. However, that's simply a side of myself that I tend to show people who value that kind of thing. The "childish" fantasist in me exists; I just don't see much reason to show it to others. Perhaps because of this, many older people have gained the impression that I'm "very adult" since I was 14-15.