User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

unsolved murders

biblical apocyrpha and mideval beleifs (which is odd, because I'm not particularly religious)

the underground portions of cities... especially if ossuaries are included

my unending search to find the happiest song EVER

the similarity of people across the ages (humanity is remarkably predictable )

people, with all of thier odd little quirks and stories

anything that will let me imagine being somewhere else in the world to the point where I can just FEEL it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    the underground portions of cities... especially if ossuaries are included
    Well shit, I just came across the "Paris Underground" article in National Geographic the other day. REALLY excited because I've been to the Catacombs and plan on going back to France after I graduate (hence introducing myself to Speed Gavroche).

I told my friend that I borrowed the issue and she was like, "I have a weekly subscription to that," and gave me her copy, which had clearly never even been touched. "I don't know how you find that interesting... it's like you see that stuff and you get all excited, while I have no idea wtf is going on."

Uhm, yeah. I think my Sunday is going to be spent watching the 14-hour Ken Burns WWII documentary, then shopping, then a grad party, then fireworks. EXCITING!
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've had my own subscription to National Geographic since I was 18 and moved out of my parents' house (my dad had a subscription that I grew up reading!)... I've always been perfectly content sitting on a park bench with a cup of tea and a National Geographic to take me somewhere else mentally

of course catacombs always end up making me think of the Poe short story A Cask of Amontillado
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

My life's pretty much been one weird fascination after another. I had one recently though, that really didn't fit my typical interests: those "baby doll" faced runway models (e.g. Lily Cole, Gemma Ward). I've always been completely indifferent to fashion, thought obsessing over trends and body types of models was stupid and never understood it, and when I first saw these models I was repulsed; they were these tall, lanky women with such exaggerated childlike facial features. I just went, "Ugh, weird". But I just couldn't stop looking up pictures of them. I went from repulsed to curious to intrigued to admiring. I especially liked pics of them in odd, surreal or fantasy-like scenery. I'm not even a particularly visual person, so this was completely out of the blue for me.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

the similarity of people across the ages (humanity is remarkably predictable )
    I FREAKING LOVE THIS.

In fact, this is exactly why I'm a History major!!!

~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

that's one of the reasons that I absolutley love reading fairy tales and short stories from across different cultures and time frames... in the end, it seems like there's only a few basic stories that get told over and over again across the world and across time... stories being told in ancient India are now being made into movies, I've seen plots from Bocaccio in modern sitcoms

I guess that humans find the same stories resonant no matter how much lifestyles change

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

that's one of the reasons that I absolutley love reading fairy tales and short stories from across different cultures and time frames... in the end, it seems like there's only a few basic stories that get told over and over again across the world and across time... stories being told in ancient India are now being made into movies, I've seen plots from Bocaccio in modern sitcoms

I guess that humans find the same stories resonant no matter how much lifestyles change
    INDEED!

Humans are so interesting.

p.s. I think you would really enjoy this site.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it's on the list of sites that I haunt for fun (somewhere right behind wikipedia, with all of it's tantalizing blue links )... figuring out connections is a total thrill!

MBTI
    Entp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Esfp

My old childhood maid chases me in my dreams, and she weighs like 380000 thousand pounds of solid lard, but when she gets real pissed off at me she can hyperrun, and all her fat doesnt jiggle when she does that, since the speed cancels it out. Its real strange.

Ginkgo

Symbolism of visuals
    Mystical/occult symbols
    Mexican music
    Celtic music
    Tribal music
    Scarcely explained natural phenomena, such as tornadoes and lightning
    Animals of most varieties
    Organization of concepts
    Eyes
    Transhumanism
    Popular science
    Dreams
    Abraham Lincoln

Pretty much anything mysterious or inexplicable.