First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Me too. I've been trying to come up with a good tattoo idea for years. Well, not trying, but waiting for a good idea to show itself. I mean, it would have to be personal, or else I'd get bored with it. But what personal thing becomes a good tattoo?

I have over-thought the issue.

i have one already, actually. it's a personalized take on a group symbol. i drew it out, and i do love it, but i've caught tattoo fever now. 99% of the Big Deal about getting a tattoo for me was choosing something that i'd be happy with every damn day. now that i've been through... maybe two years? of complete happiness with it, i'm really into getting a couple more. it still sort of baffles me that i've never hated it. i'm usually really bad at "forever" decisions.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

it still sort of baffles me that i've never hated it. i'm usually really bad at "forever" decisions.
    Huh, my ENTP (female) friend is just the same way! She views pretty much everything on a day-to-day basis (including her career path... which would be worrying, but I've long since learned to emotionally detach myself from her in that regard)... EXCEPT for her tattoo plans! She's known what tattoos she wants to get for about six years. She's told me that she already feels like she has the tattoos, mentally, so actually getting the tattoos is just making it official.

A very foreign concept to me, but interesting for just that reason.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP

^Heh, I can really relate to that. Not tattoos - though I find them cool, I'm not interested enough in my looks to really get into them. I give them to some of my novel characters instead. But I did choose for my studies on the last possible moment, telling I was really sure, while I knew I was only for 30% sure and consoled myself with the thought that I could still switch from physics to maths after the first year.

Strange fascination: right now, my old marble machine fascination sticked up its head again. That interest reigned me for a few years when I was about 11, but then I lacked the perseverance/ingenuity to build a pump. Though I did build a looping and a spiralling path.
    But I saw this site http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/marbles/ and for some days now, I really really want to build the greatest marble machine I've ever built. With a hyperboloid funnel, a Galton board, a double pendulum driven by the passing marbles,... I only lack the space, the materials and tools to make it sturdy (would wood paste be strong enough?) and I've got a baby to care for. And I need to check grammar, damnit!
    My strange fascinations always involve lots of work.
    A few days ago I wanted to paint a series of paintings all featuring a different imaginative scene...

Stick to your novel to the end, Tamske. C'mon. Check that grammar. You're nearly there...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I just assume everything I do is strange so I don't try to catagorize.

Early Synthesizers
    The Life of Bruce Lee
    Cyberpunk
    Modular Furniture

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Apparently most of my fascinations are weird. Currently doing a lot of research into paper making and book binding. My interest in psychology. Being entertained by conspiracy theories (which seems to upset other people.) My love for fantasy and scif. My never ending idea generation for potential businesses. My new age tendencies (they are weird for a scientist type). My staunch stand against watching TV (I'm such a white person, LOL). My various attempts at making alcohol, soap, lotions etc. My curiosity as to whether I could build my own paper beater. I'm pretty sure I could.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

And I've yet to find a person who is fascinated by wooden planks. All who answered that question on the video challenge thread said no and no one else showed any inclination towards it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    And I've yet to find a person who is fascinated by wooden planks. All who answered that question on the video challenge thread said no and no one else showed any inclination towards it.
    Fresh cut new forest pine, yellow and damp. Silvered and weathered 100 year old cedar planks cut by steam driven monstrosities. I am fascinated by wooden planks. Happy?

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I like the patterns of wood grain. Does that count?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Fresh cut new forest pine, yellow and damp. Silvered and weathered 100 year old cedar planks cut by steam driven monstrosities. I am fascinated by wooden planks. Happy?
    Goodness. This is really nice. I am pleased by this.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    I like the patterns of wood grain. Does that count?
    Tis alright. But perhaps it wouldn't yet fall in the category of 'fascination'

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Goodness. This is really nice. I am pleased by this.
    i'm fascinated by Oaky's use of "Goodness" and other such exclamatory words, they're said with such meaning and calmness. it makes me happy.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs