Thread: After Humanity

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    If I were talented enough to do so, maybe a horn or flute made of some extremely durable substance. It would only allow for a couple of notes to be played through it, but those few notes would convey through subtle evocation....the grandeur that was once Kuranes.

Seriously, I guess enough memories in people who knew me that they would perhaps pass on those thoughts as useful anecdotes/suggestions or memes to later generations in similar ways.

If I were a builder, I might have made a structure of some sort, like a pyramid that could survive the storms caused during magnetic poles shifting.

Ozymandias or just plain Oz ? Perhaps leave behind the legacy of a strawman argument..... that may be false, but is still memorable. The flute that plays during "If I only had a brain..." What gives the muskrat his musk ? Courage. What gives Kuranes his Kur ? Will he ever be cured of his ego ?
    Nicely said, kuranes.

For me it would be something functional - a generational heirloom. A keepsake for me is probably best imparted in the eventual happiness/sense of fulfillment of my (hypothetical) kin. I have nothing else that I could possibly offer as extraordinary. Everything I've done has certainly been done better by another...

Someone wise once said, "The point of life is to raise the young." Reproduction as immortality? Perhaps.

Courage is an inseparable commodity to consider when deciding what to leave behind as personal evidence. For my dime, courage is soldiering on, despite danger.

Perception of mortality - possibly the most dangerous thing I can personally consider. To believe that the sum of my existence will eventually fade into nothingness; that I will likely have absolutely no gratifying impact on the world; to reconcile that death might very well be but eternal darkness...

...and to soldier on, in spite of this unerring possibility, is how one could consider themselves courageous.

Perhaps the greatest thing to leave behind is nothing at all.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    To believe that the sum of my existence will eventually fade into nothingness; that I will likely have absolutely no gratifying impact on the world; to reconcile that death might very well be but eternal darkness...

...and to soldier on, in spite of this unerring possibility, is how one could consider themselves courageous.
    The courage of Sisyphus, or just plain cussedness and spite, as Camus argued once, IIRC. The Spitalfields ruins of tomorrow.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    The courage of Sisyphus, or just plain cussedness and spite, as Camus argued once, IIRC. The Spitalfields ruins of tomorrow.
    Found inside each of us, today.

Precisely, my friend.