User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default Parse this response:

I recently cut off a person on FB from posting on my wall. I've always disliked him, but had to deal with him, and I don't have to any longer. And about half the time he answers he's just trying to drop a bomb on the thread. Not really even trying to anything but pick stuff apart.

In this specific instance I was saying how exited I was about latest endeavor of creating a Makerspace and said that creating, repairing and modifying flies in the face of consumerism. He replied with: "Not Really, you have to buy stuff to fix things."

So I had the epiphany that I didn't have to hear anything from him anymore if I didn't want to without any repercussions. I messaged him so, and he came back with this:

Quote Removed
    Anyway.. I just wanted to see what people thought of this little exchange.

Banned

I like your friend.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjSwsww5SfQ"]Alan Watts on Society[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I like your friend.
    I figured, that's what made me think of this. Honestly, I was itching to do it, but I was fishing for a reason. But I'm curious as to what people thought of his response and maybe I can frame him in some way that I actually understand him besides being an ass. While logically he has points, I don't think a lot of it really applies to me and the whole Nazi thing is just ridiculous.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well, he has a right to his opinion - and I think it was rather good of him to explain himself and his motives - but you also have a right to have your facebook experience be a light, happy thing rather than vicious debate.

So whatever.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well, he has a right to his opinion - and I think it was rather good of him to explain himself and his motives - but you also have a right to have your facebook experience be a light, happy thing rather than vicious debate.

So whatever.
    But don't you think its not anything other than offensive than to crash other people's parties? And why should he think I should feel grateful for his 'contribution'?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I never said you should be grateful or that there was any truth to what he said. For all I know there could be a grain of truth in it which he exaggerated, or he could be a total wackjob acting out on anyone he feels is "oppressing" him.

No, I also don't have a strong ethical value about party crashing on the Internet, sorry.

But I do think you have a right to keep negative people out of your space. I totally understand.

I just happen to like it when people explain themselves instead of just acting wonky. At least you know what his deal is, and you can now dispose of him or respond to him accordingly.

Why don't you know how to respond to the Nazi thing? Don't you know who you are? You can either explain to him why you aren't a Nazi at all, and he's just a jerk-off blowhard. Or you can just tell him he's a jerk-off blowhard and be done with it, no explanation.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    But don't you think its not anything other than offensive than to crash other people's parties? And why should he think I should feel grateful for his 'contribution'?
    Why do you say your buddy's response is like crashing a party? I'm trying to understand. What are some of his other responses? What's a makerspaceboard? I don't get it. :\

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Your friend sounds like a smug prick who was butthurt that you and your friends didn't invite him to play whatever reindeer games ya'll we're engaging in. Rather than say as much he took the mature route and made a psudeo-intellectual critique of the venture you're getting together.

My question is what exactly were you expecting from this guy when you messaged him? You were sending him a message that said, "Ur mean. We cant be friends anymore ". Naturally he was going to fire something equally pissy back. It just sounds childish all the way around.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Even though he has a relevant point,your mural is supposed to be about you, and not about him. It is not cool to play party pooper on someone else's mural. If it was a forum, great. But on Facebook people are supposed to say ''Yayyy'' and click like, you know? Something like that.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Why do you say your buddy's response is like crashing a party? I'm trying to understand. What are some of his other responses? What's a makerspace? I don't get it. :\
    Haha. Well, I'm organizing a Makerspace. Which is a place where people can share tools and knowledge. They started out as places to hack back when and kind of expanded for the same tech inclined set to just create, brew, hack, program, etc with shared resources. I was at the time trying to raise awareness and get people interested by posting a status update.. I didn't indicate any desire to actually discuss the concept.