User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah. I was going to say he seemed annoying in an especially INTx way, but I waited for someone else to mention type first so I wouldn't be accused of leading thread off topic.
    Ha ha...the first types that came to mind were INTJ and ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP

I think skylights has read the situation correctly. I feel like he's a TP that's not looking for a heart-to-heart. But I do think that it's okay to not want someone to go all Debbie Downer on you every time you post something on Facebook.

Probably where you went wrong is making it a big deal to not have to deal with his crap anymore, and he was saving face by acting like it was you not wanting to hear other perspectives. It sounds like y'all keep misreading each other, which is kind of weird because you were always close to the F/T border. He probably is not aware he's taking a dump on your posts.
    Something Witty

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    This is definitely what I was assuming. It felt like he was dumping on me. But thinking about how he connects to people, primarily women.. this is how he cheers people up.
    He cheers women up by saying his mommy made him an angry man when he's 37 years old?

That wouldn't cheer me up. It would make me roll my eyes.

Which would probably then at least get my mind off of my own problems.

So if by "cheer up" you mean "distract," mmkay.

I don't know some women are dumb enough to fall for that shit. A man that old blaming his problems on his mom is like a fucking neon sign saying "STAY AWAY FROM ME."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Totally. The guy diverted the convo to himself, then when Qlip tried to help him, he told him to back off.

No, he's not trying to sabotage you. He's just really self-centered.

Maybe but this convo sounded pretty clear cut to me. I have no idea where you pulled your impression from.

@skylights, he sounds more like a depressed TJ to me.
    No, I meant that when hanging around with him, he'd occasionally try to sabotage me. He felt inadequate next to me.. you know, me having a job and stuff, and he'd do things to make me look bad. He's a jerk.. haha. He'll be fine with me now, probably, being divorced and no longer a threat, which is why he's seeking me out. But I'm not sure I can forget that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    He cheers women up by saying his mommy made him an angry man when he's 37 years old?

That wouldn't cheer me up. It would make me roll my eyes.

Which would probably then at least get my mind off of my own problems.

So if by "cheer up" you mean "distract," mmkay.

I don't know some women are dumb enough to fall for that shit. A man that old blaming his problems on his mom is like a fucking neon sign saying "STAY AWAY FROM ME."
    I mean empathizes by relating common experiences. That too bad that doesn't work, the mommy line, I was going to use it in the bar tomorrow.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I mean empathizes by relating common experiences. That too bad that doesn't work, the mommy line, I was going to use it in the bar tomorrow.
    Yeah it works when you're 20 ...at 37 you really should be taking more responsibility for yourself, even if your mother was a harpie.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I recently cut off a person on FB from posting on my wall. I've always disliked him, but had to deal with him, and I don't have to any longer. And about half the time he answers he's just trying to drop a bomb on the thread. Not really even trying to anything but pick stuff apart.

In this specific instance I was saying how exited I was about latest endeavor of creating a Makerspace and said that creating, repairing and modifying flies in the face of consumerism. He replied with: "Not Really, you have to buy stuff to fix things."

So I had the epiphany that I didn't have to hear anything from him anymore if I didn't want to without any repercussions. I messaged him so, and he came back with this:

Anyway.. I just wanted to see what people thought of this little exchange.
    ha...well...i like you q but have to say that i like his response...however i know nothing of your relationship with him so i can definitely see how it could sound totally dickish.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

A window to the soul

Totally. The guy diverted the convo to himself, then when Qlip tried to help him, he told him to back off.
    I see that. Looking at that in context with the other stuff his friend said, I keep imagining him joking around over the tears in their beers. Time will tell.

Maybe but this convo sounded pretty clear cut to me. I have no idea where you pulled your impression from.
    I understand. I filled in a few blanks. I was looking at the overall situation: the buddy is a 'friend' on Facebook, he was responding to Qlip's post about wasting 20-yrs of his life, and since Qlip didn't post his 20-yr heartache here, I took the liberty of assuming it's because it's very personal; perhaps, emotional.

@Marmie Dearest: lolz, your NT assessment is prolly right.

No, I meant that when hanging around with him, he'd occasionally try to sabotage me. He felt inadequate next to me.. you know, me having a job and stuff, and he'd do things to make me look bad. He's a jerk.. haha. He'll be fine with me now, probably, being divorced and no longer a threat, which is why he's seeking me out. But I'm not sure I can forget that.
    Ah, okay. You know your past interactions with him and know him best as a person.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Okay.. here's how I'm going with this one. The misunderstanding was a communication clash. At the very worst I think he was maybe venting, but didn't want you know.. guidance. But, he has pulled crap on me in the past. And even if the main issue is out of the way, there's no reason he won't try it in the future.

I wish I had more gracefully distanced myself, but what's done is done. Actually trying to fix that means going all in, and I'm not going to do that. Basically, I screwed up, I'll have to keep an eye on my listening skills in the future. But this is done.