Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    Your friend sounds like a smug prick who was butthurt that you and your friends didn't invite him to play whatever reindeer games ya'll we're engaging in. Rather than say as much he took the mature route and made a psudeo-intellectual critique of the venture you're getting together.

My question is what exactly were you expecting from this guy when you messaged him? You were sending him a message that said, "Ur mean. We cant be friends anymore ". Naturally he was going to fire something equally pissy back. It just sounds childish all the way around.
    In all honesty I think his friend probably has tin-foil-hat objectivist syndrome. But that's just my guess.

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    But don't you think its not anything other than offensive than to crash other people's parties? And why should he think I should feel grateful for his 'contribution'?
    Unless I'm missing something, I don't see how presenting a perspective of the contrary could be considering 'party crashing', unless in choosing to publicly disclose this information you were seeking only positive responses and well-wishes without being subject to scrutinization from, in this particular instance, could be an analysis of your idea from a more pragmatic perspective.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    Your friend sounds like a smug prick who was butthurt that you and your friends didn't invite him to play whatever reindeer games ya'll we're engaging in. Rather than say as much he took the mature route and made a psudeo-intellectual critique of the venture you're getting together.

My question is what exactly were you expecting from this guy when you messaged him? You were sending him a message that said, "Ur mean. We cant be friends anymore ". Naturally he was going to fire something equally pissy back. It just sounds childish all the way around.
    Well, the way I thought about it at the time is that If I were going to cut him off I should tell him directly and say why. I guess I always feel like ignoring that kind of thing is a slippery slope to passive aggressiveness. I choose to be aggressive I guess.

I said... oh, I'm trying to decide if I want to post everything in the exchange from before. It didn't start there....

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    But on Facebook people are supposed to say ''Yayyy'' and click like, you know? Something like that.
    I'm so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Haha. Well, I'm organizing a Makerspace. Which is a place where people can share tools and knowledge. They started out as places to hack back when and kind of expanded for the same tech inclined set to just create, brew, hack, program, etc with shared resources. I was at the time trying to raise awareness and get people interested by posting a status update.. I didn't indicate any desire to actually discuss the concept.
    Hey, cool.

Maybe your friend is trying to be funny. What personality type would you say he is?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Okay, I'm going to post this, but please don't quote it. I'm counting on you. I'm going to take it down in a couple hours, it's kind of airing out his dirty laundry... but if it's not up for too long, it won't be searchable...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh goody.

*rubs hands together in evil glee*

A window to the soul

-patiently waits-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Okay, this was before him 'party crashing'. I had just posted that I had wasted the last 20 years of my life in a very rare FB rant. I was feeling indulgant, it was when I had decided I was ENFP and was thinking about how messed up that was possible.

He messaged me, and I couldn't help but thinking.. shit it's him, I have to talk to him. Well, maybe I can turn this around and give it a real try.

Quote Removed

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

You vultures you.

A window to the soul

What the heck is wrong with what he said Qlip?? He's stressed. He threw in some lighthearted humor. I don't see what the big deal is.