12 Last

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Smile Cats and laser pointers

Seriously, whoever invented the portable laser pointer was a genius. I hate pointing shit out to other people using a red dot that shakes, but I just had my roommate's kittens doing acrobatics all over the living room projector wall while they were chasing the pointer (with the older kitten making some weird "duck" noises like she does when she spots a bug on the wall; so cute!)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

We do the same at my mom's place. Even the dogs get into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Seriously, whoever invented the portable laser pointer was a genius. I hate pointing shit out to other people using a red dot that shakes, but I just had my roommate's kittens doing acrobatics all over the living room projector wall while they were chasing the pointer (with the older kitten making some weird "duck" noises like she does when she spots a bug on the wall; so cute!)
    yeah.. that is fun. It also works with one of those maglight things.

The "duck" noises are like a weird chattering, right? I see it as cat-swearing : damned-bug-come-here-now. My cats will make that noise to birds through the window.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    yeah.. that is fun. It also works with one of those maglight things.

The "duck" noises are like a weird chattering, right? I see it as cat-swearing : damned-bug-come-here-now. My cats will make that noise to birds through the window.
    Yeah, Emmy's jaw moves quickly when she's doing it and you hear this faint chattering... It's funny as hell The other kitten, Ritty, doesn't do it much but has this squealing-sounding "bark" noise she does when she's frustrated. My other roommate's cat Eightball has done the chattering noise to bugs on the wall, birds/squirrels outside since as long as he's had her.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Unfortunately, I've been a little disappointed by the affect the laser pointer had on my cat and toonia's cat. They were interested for a little bit, but then quickly lost interest (I think they figured out that it's not something they can actually get). A piece of string was always way more effective.

I know exactly what you mean about the chattering/duck noise at birds out the window, etc. Koko, toonia's cat, would do that, and it kills me. I've never seen another cat do that, though. Just her. Your cats that do that - Siamese, by any chance?
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    I know exactly what you mean about the chattering/duck noise at birds out the window, etc. Koko, toonia's cat, would do that, and it kills me. I've never seen another cat do that, though. Just her. Your cats that do that - Siamese, by any chance?
    In my experience, it's rarer when cat's don't do it. Even my cat who's never really had a vocal meow and a near impossible to hear purr was quite vocal that way. I've never owned a Siamese cat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INXP

Unfortunately, I've been a little disappointed by the affect the laser pointer had on my cat and toonia's cat. They were interested for a little bit, but then quickly lost interest (I think they figured out that it's not something they can actually get). A piece of string was always way more effective.
    Ah... INTP cats, perhaps.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Eightball doesn't chase the pointer anymore either, she definitely lost interest. The kittens probably love it because they're so young and easily amused Eightball's just become a big, fat, lazy furball.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

Sheba took one look at the moving red light and said, "oh really, now." She has rejected everything mechanical or electronic or that makes any noise for a toy. She will play for hours with balls and mice, but ignores the expensive "toys" we wasted money on. I just gave away her laser pointer to a friend's cat. Sheba is definitely E and definitely F. I love her so much I think she's just perfect so she must be ESFJ!
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

MBTI
    INTj

The most fun thing is when you have two cats and you put the laser on one of them and the other cat attacks him/her.

Also, I can put the laser pointer on one of my cats, and he will try to bite himself.