User Tag List

Thread: Madness

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Default Madness

I think I'm slowly going nuts. Half an hour ago my mother took me into the bathroom to show me the leaky toilet, and a fly came in and she locked the door so that it couldn't escape, and she continued to talk about the bathroom problems. I couldn't stand the fly...and I screamed and ran out of the room and started sobbing hysterically. I didn't like the possibility of it touching me. My mom eventually shooed the fly out, but I didn't really stop crying until now. That can't be all of it though. Maybe things have just built up. I haven't slept properly for a while now, and I also have my period. It also bothers me how today wasn't as sunny as the rest of the week. I want to go buy flowers for my mother with my dad today, but I don't feel like going anymore. I don't even want to shower.

For some reason, I don't feel like doing anything until I dig out the old Pocahontas VHS and watch it. What the hell is wrong with me.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    intp

Oversensitivity can be caused by your not sleeping, depending on how long you've been going... You wanting to go watch a Pocahontas vid might indicate some form of regression... But before drawing any conclusions, and you going soulsearching, try to go sleep. If your oversensitivity goes away after that, there probably is nothing wrong with you.
    Anyway, other causes might be repressed traumatic memories or your lifestyle not measuring up to your own mental 'adulthood' (like I said, soulsearching is no fun at all). Or maybe you're in denial about something in your current surroundings (as in, the way you truthfully feel about certain things)? But like I said, just try the simple stuff first (sleeping), before going soulsearching... If there isn't anything wrong with you, that stuff might not be the most constructive way of passing time...
    "I determined nothing."
    -Sceptical expression

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beyonder View Post
    Oversensitivity can be caused by your not sleeping, depending on how long you've been going... You wanting to go watch a Pocahontas vid might indicate some form of regression... But before drawing any conclusions, and you going soulsearching, try to go sleep. If your oversensitivity goes away after that, there probably is nothing wrong with you.

I agree with this...

I'm also projecting here, but the largest probability is that it is hormones, lack of sleep and environmental pressure all rolled in a ball. Most emotional reactions like this indicate sensitivity... a soft trigger is the middle ground between a specific trigger and lacking an event (random outbursts, wrong emotions attached to an event).

Try sleeping, doing something different, get some exercise and make sure your diet is balanced for the next bit. If it is just a combination of things, then it should get better over the next few days.

Don't skip out the sleep and exercise. Take a long walk before going to sleep, and absolutely try to balance your diet if you have been eating the same thing/erratic in eating. I also recommend taking a B12 if you have them around (especially if you are finding any problems with fatigue along with the anxiety)... and if you find yourself fatigued and depressed (specifically, not anxiety), take from folic acid with the B12 - it's possible that you are inhibiting your B12 intake due to a lack of folic acid. If you are eating fish and beef, it isn't likely it's the B12 or folic acid since it tends to store well... but I'd explore those before doing anything else. So if you don't have them around, try to eat some salmon and cheese... not together though That'd be disgusting!