User Tag List

MBTI
    yupp

Default buying off of craigslist

I've never done it before, mostly because I use to live in a place where bed bugs were a problem, scared of getting ripped off, and what if the seller is an actual serial killer. I can't be the only person with these fears
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Its hard sometimes finding something legit in the jobs section, but most of the "for sale" stuff is okay.. I meet people in public areas when I buy something, like a police station or a super market parking lot in the front of the store. Ive never had a major problem with it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I bought my bike off of craigslist... the lady was perfectly nice and didn't even try to cut out my kidneys and sell them on the black market (or craigslist)!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

I'm buying a dresser i don't think it's reasonable to ask them to bring a dresser to a supermarket and me be like no I don't want it if I don't like it/doesn't fit my needs
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTJ

Crazy story but...

I've rented rooms in California twice both times never having been to the house before. Arrived off the plane with all my crap in a sketchy neighborhood. Everything worked perfectly. In one case I sent $1500 to the guy whose room I was taking knowing I would never see his face.

Ask for pics, check their email domains, get their phone number, have a conversation, etc... Make them put enough effort to make fraud unlikely.

Yeah I've done tons of transactions on CL - got a futon, a table, bed frame (no mattress - ewww no bedbugs pls!), sold the same bed frame, got two roommates from there. I think you just email a couple times, talk to the people on the phone, get a sense of whether you're sketched out, and BRING SOMEBODY WITH YOU. For the roommates we conducted interviews, and it turned out fine.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yup, bought and sold lots of stuff, but I guess I probably don't have to worry about creepers, just getting ripped off. I try to make sure I know about what I'm buying and check it out as much as I can before money changes hands. If they give their apartment or house address it's usually a sign of good faith. I know where they live...

There was a story in the newspaper a couple months ago about a guy selling gold. He found a buyer who instructed him to meet them in a deserted parking lot, alone. He called the police to see if it was advised, they told him not to go. He went anyway, they stole his cash. Dumbass.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Everything in my house is from Craigslist &/or thrift store because we're cheap bastards. Everything does look very nice though. I think everything in my room is from there minus my mattress and accessories (shit I bought from Japanese dollar store)...

Just go with someone when you pick something up. So you know... They're not the Craigslist killer or something.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.