User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

As a woman, I would be scared to live in any time before the 1950's. Born in 1987 and wouldn't have it any other way.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I would have loved being a teenager in the 80's! AH, it would've been awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Probably somewhere in the future. Past is not my thing.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I would of liked to of been a teenager in the 80's.

Kicking ass with Joan of Arc would of been cool also.

Meeting up and watching Van Gogh paint, yeah that would of been superb.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Victorian era. I'd love to be part of all the discovery going on then, in science and geography.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Elizabethan Era
    I've been there actually. It's all about Shakespeare so make sure you set your time machine dial to the best year!

I myself would choose the Mesozoic Era. Clean air. Fresh produce. Interesting wildlife. Nice smells. Class act all the way.

MBTI
    INTP

I've always been fascinated by the Elizabethan Era, and by the 1940s. 1940s was fabulous in terms of movies, music and fashion. Everyone looked good in the 40s. Of course, there was that pesky war thing...

I was a teenager in the 1980s, and you all should be grateful your yearbook photos don't look like Katy Perry's new video. I have a solid waterfall of mall bangs cascading down the side of my face in my senior picture.

I agree with the sentiment that as a woman (and especially as an NT woman), I'm very, very glad I live now. I'm enough of a weirdo without stereotypical gender roles being even more stringent.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ISTx

Born in the 20's and a young man in WWII.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

not sure, but I find the past fascinating.
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Okay, time for me to come on board the TARDIS!

Now where to time travel to? Let's see... first destination will be.....

The Victorian/Romantic era!
    I have a serious thing for the Romantic era, or the Victorian era in general. Yes, I'd have to wear a dreaded corset and long sleeves in the middle of 90 degree heat, but there were so many innovations occurring in that time period. Industrial revolution... the invention of the automobile... scientific innovations, and newfangled notions! The art, literature, and music of that time period are absolutely beautiful as well. PreRaphaelites, the birth of Impressionism, Byron Shelley and Keats, The Bronte sisters works, existentialism philosophy movement started, Debussy, Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky... you name it. I love art and literature and music from that period.

Alright, back into the TARDIS, next stop....

The 70s.
    Prog rock, and other classic rock bands were in their heyday at this point, and it would have been great to have seen my favorite bands performing live. That, and I would have loved to try out one of those analog synths of the day when they were brand new, or just to go over and meet Bob Moog and pick his brains about how he engineered his synths. Then there's Star Wars, and some show on the BBC that's been on for at least a decade now about a Time Lord that flies around in a spaceship called the TARDIS ("Care for a jelly baby?"), and just overall emphasis on space travel. I really feel drawn to the 70s in general. I think I would be the most at home in the late 70s.

Exit the 70s, and here come the next stop... the 80s!
    Adore 80s keyboard oriented music. The problem is, you ended up with the discovery of the AIDS virus, which is the drawback, but at that time frame, there was a lot more modern medicine which is something comforting. The PC was being developed more, and the movies and TV shows in the time period have this quality to them that I am drawn to, hard to explain exactly what it is, but there's just this overall mood about it that I like.

Next stop is the early 90s.
    Once the 80s party ended, throughout music (at least in terms of the adult contemporary charts), movies, and fashion the 90s brought in a more romantic and sophisticated vibe. Even though I adore the 80s to bits, my own personal style would best fit 1990-1994. I am a bit more reserved in my style in comparison to the 80s. You still had a bit of the 80s vibe in 1990-1991, but things were shifting towards a new direction. But the music in that time frame had refined production, and a resurgence of romanticism (before grunge took over, at least!).

Now back into the TARDIS and time to return to present day...

I suppose that those time frames reflect my personality the best. But I am glad that I live in now, although my heart is a romantic time traveler.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche