User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like to argue?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! Conflict makes my stomach churn

3 3.75%
  • no

12 15.00%
  • not really

5 6.25%
  • occassionally

5 6.25%
  • arguing: no; debating yes

28 35.00%
  • only if they're intelligent

9 11.25%
  • when I'm bored

4 5.00%
  • YES!

2 2.50%
  • I enjoy a good conflict

6 7.50%
  • only when I need to put a filthy invalid in his place

6 7.50%
First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Oh gosh I love a debate or a discussion more than say sex. But I can't stand arguments and stamp those out immediately.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I like to play the opposing side a lot, even if I don't agree with it. I really like getting people riled up! Only in good fun though. When it comes to confrontation I usually am very direct and I will state why I'm mad, what they did that irritated me, and what my expectations were. I typically don't hold grudges unless people are irrational assholes and I don't want anything to do with them anymore. When someone is angry with me because I presented them with a problem I had with them I will react one or two ways. I will state what I said in the beginning of this paragraph, and typically if they persist to blow shit out of proportion I will disengage. I do not see a reason to reassert myself over and over. Its insane, if they didn't get it the first time they aren't going to get it. Thats their problem, not mine.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknm View Post
    Oh gosh I love a debate or a discussion more than say sex. But I can't stand arguments and stamp those out immediately.
    I wouldn't say I like it more than sex (which leads me to ask, "Do you get even hotter during sex if you're arguing during it?" ha), but I do like exchanging ideas. However, I don't like it when it gets personal, and I don't like it when I feel like it's become a competition of who is going to win. At that point, it's just a game/contest, and not an actual learning experience.I'd rather just share and explore ideas with someone; it seems counterproductive to actually argue since even if someone wins a point, it is likely to be dismissed anyway.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I wouldn't say I like it more than sex (which leads me to ask, "Do you get even hotter during sex if you're arguing during it?" ha), but I do like exchanging ideas. However, I don't like it when it gets personal, and I don't like it when I feel like it's become a competition of who is going to win. At that point, it's just a game/contest, and not an actual learning experience.I'd rather just share and explore ideas with someone; it seems counterproductive to actually argue since even if someone wins a point, it is likely to be dismissed anyway.
    Exactly.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "Do you get even hotter during sex if you're arguing during it?"
    Why do I feel like that implies rape?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknm View Post
    Why do I feel like that implies rape?
    I dunno. Some people are into "fight sex."

(But the first rule of fight sex is...)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I quite like the game aspect of it.

No. "These war of words are pointless. Nothing gets accomplished."
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    INTP

The only time I enjoy arguing is when I truly dislike somebody (or their ideas) and have laid a carefully laid booby trap for them. It's not a very attractive aspect of my personality I'll admit. Fortunately that is a rare thing. But for the most part arguing makes my stomach acid churn. Once the heat of “combat” wears off I normally don’t feel so hot. And there is also the risk that emotion may have well led me into a factual or logical error. This brings on thoughts of suicide.

Just kidding!

On the other hand I do enjoy a decent debate but I prefer it with people I trust not to take it personally and I simply can't debate with stupid or uniformed people. Just not worth the time.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I wouldn't know, I have never argued with anyone in my life.

~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf