User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Ask an XXXX

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

To ENTJs:
    Which types would you consider a good fit for you?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    To ENTJs:
    Which types would you consider a good fit for you?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I actually missed the point lol. I was genuinely curious about that. I thought this thread was meant to unify the ''ask a XXXX'' threads. Let's see if I can still make it right. How about:
    Question for XXXXs:

Which types would be considered a good match for ENTJs? Answers like ''it doesn't matter'' are strictly forbidden, thanks.
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Ask your questions about XXXXs here.
    Why do you often appear on depictions of old-timey jugs of moonshine?

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

ThatGirl

I actually missed the point lol. I was genuinely curious about that. I thought this thread was meant to unify the ''ask a XXXX'' threads. Let's see if I can still make it right. How about:
    Question for XXXXs:

Which types would be considered a good match for ENTJs? Answers like ''it doesn't matter'' are strictly forbidden, thanks.
    Observing different personalities from an XXXX perspective, the conclusion doesn't matter is heavily influenced by gender.

Male ENTJs seem to have a pull toward I-F- types. This is due to the mutual agreement of the distribution of skill, as well as formal generalizations of the perfect "other". Pretty much the commanding male is reasonably paired against the more emotive, quiet, and sensitive female.

Female ENTJs fare well with E-TPs, INTJs, and INFJs. From observation the most destructive pairings are EJ or IP.

Obviously this is largely influenced by the particular person, but those are the only trends I have been able to observe more than 50% the time.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Why do you often appear on depictions of old-timey jugs of moonshine?

Because if you drink enough of it, you will start feeling like an XXXX.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Thanks TG.
    Now that i get the point let me make a more appropriate question.
    Question for XXXXs:
    Sometimes I think XXXXs resist being pidgeonholed to a type because they think they are more ''special'' than whatever type they really are. Other times I just think their abstraction skills aren't very good. What do you think about that?
    -----------------

-----------------

ThatGirl

Thanks TG.
    Now that i get the point let me make a more appropriate question.
    Question for XXXXs:
    Sometimes I think XXXXs resist being pidgeonholed to a type because they think they are more ''special'' than whatever type they really are.
    Lets take this one question at a time.

Your one sentence holds too many variables.

1) If being an XXXX makes you feel special.

2) If XXXXs resist other typing.

3) If XXXXs are in denial.

A1) XXXX is just another personality type. A lot like when I have taken some tests, the result comes back, "Idiosyncratic." Basically what it means, is that at this point, the description seems undefined. This isn't always a great thing. As referenced in the OP, most people expect you to fit into some category or want to learn about some category.

While most people would view XXXX to be some sort of ideal, most XXXX people would understand that while it can be a supreme objective it can also be an existential catastrophe.

I think therefore I am- Is an extremely ego based stance. Yet one that the XXXX has to encompass if you subtract all public comparison as marker for where you as a person stand ( <-- A lot of people use this method for a sense of self)

The reason for this is because while most people fall to some extreme or the other, the XXXX does not. Meaning that most people will extremely identify, not identify, with the XXXX half of the time. The stances of others toward the XXXX will be at a consistent rate of subjectivity, and equal points of advantage/disadvantage. So, not exactly an ideal state.

The problem with categorizing XXXXs is that it can turn incredibly subjective rather quickly.

A2) Most XXXXs identify with other types, again, half of the time, but also realize it is all circumstantial. I know for me personally, when I truly identify with a certain type, I know I am thinking in one of 16 extreme points. One of the reasons I like taking these tests, to assess my current mood.

A3) This could be the case, that some seemingly not able to be typed people could default into an XXXX personality. These people are easy to pick out from a true XXXX though, as they may hold a consistent bias, they themselves are unaware of.

Other times I just think their abstraction skills aren't very good. What do you think about that?
    Lol, that I don't fully understand what is implied here.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Insightful answers. I think you talk like an ENTJ btw.
    Lol, that I don't fully understand what is implied here.
    It is just a random possibility. Doesn't seem to be your case. I think some people can't type themselves properly because they mostly operate within the box and end up lacking enough outside the box thinking to take a good look into themselves from a more detached and impartial perspective. Mostly sensors, btw. I just put myself in a bad position for mentioning that.
    -----------------

-----------------

MBTI
    ESFJ

Insightful answers. I think you talk like an ENTJ btw.

It is just a random possibility. Doesn't seem to be your case. I think some people can't type themselves properly because they mostly operate within the box and end up lacking enough outside the box thinking to take a good look into themselves from a more detached and impartial perspective. Mostly sensors, btw. I just put myself in a bad position for mentioning that.
    Yes. You are in a bad position now, lol.

I consider myself to be xxFx. I have tried to be objective in my approach but find myself with conflicting opinions of myself. It would be easier to be a certain type but at present i am not stressing over it. I do find it interesting you saying about being within the box, yet i perceive myself to be outside it by not jumping to conclusions to fit in.
    Each to their own.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe