Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Dear A,

My heart breaks for you all over again, every single time.
    Over the years, like a trail of bread crumbs, you've left me what has developed into a beautiful soundtrack to go alongside it.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvLMqSUjyyE"]Saltillo - A Necessary End[/YOUTUBE]
    Always,
    L
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

not to be trusted Array miss fortune's Avatar
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so

dear j,

I'm sorry... I'm really, really sorry. and I'm sorry that the word sorry sounds so weak and pathetic and can't adequatly describe how guilty I feel about what happened... I feel like I accidentally ruined your life when I had the best intentions. If you'd only said something I could have helped, but I know how pride goes, so I'm stuck just feeling sorry.

I hope your life goes well and that some time I'll run across you in better circumstances, as you are a great person.

-w
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Senior Member Array Digital Demi-Fiend's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Dear L,

I warned you about stairs man. I warned you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Dear M.

it is a pity that we don't have as much contact as sisters should have, but I am under the impression that we have gotten closer over the last few years. And in a sense, I think that the relationship between the three of us could and maybe should move in the center of what we consider family. I truely appreciated our conversations during my last visit and wanted to tell you how happy I am that you got rid of that idiot once and for all. And don't blame yourself for letting him treat you like he did. After all, you had no comparison and inherited the same shitty self esteem I too have had to cope with. For what it's worth, I never liked the guy anyway. So good riddance to that!
    As for your career, I hope you will soon find something fitting your extensive education (did i ever tell you how proud I am of you? probably, but maybe not clearly enough), something that you enjoy doing and that will give you happiness and security.

A big sisterly hug,
    RH
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

A window to the soul

Dear S,

I'm tired of repeating myself. Please use your listening ears.

Dammit,
    -

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Dear F,

don't ask me why I was impressed when you finally admitted during our last longer conversation that we had indeed lost touch in a way. I know you love us and only wish us the best, but you also very obviously don't show much of an active interest in any of our lifes. And finally hearing you admit that triggered something in me. I should have expected it, and yet I wasn't really ready for it at the moment.
    I am very glad you now have a companion to accompany you, hopefully for the rest of your life (wow, that sounds creepy, but then again the idea is creepy), she is a great person, even though I usually disapprove of your taste in women (you like them sweet and gentle and a bit submissive and of lower education and social status than yourself!) and always wondered how you and Mum ever got together in the first place. And I am gratefult to her that I can relax and know that you are in good hands. Lord knows I have been feeling responsible for your wellbeing ever since I was 14 years old - even though it should be the other way around.
    So while I am very fond of you and have no hard feelings towards you, I have finally come to the point where I can share that sense of benevolent detachment. I don't think I feel that urge anymore that has haunted me for so long and shaped me more than I'd like to admit, that urge to please and that fear of loss. I am finally at peace.
    Thank you for that!
    RH
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Dear y,

Use primal kindness. Don't just be "nice" because you are "supposed" to be.

Use primitive reason. Stick to the basics. They are well tested. Trying to be sophisticated leads to over-complication, and lack of clarity.

Have unadulterated fun. Geek out. Don't care how it makes you look to others.

Be open to emotion.

Respect uniqueness.

peace and wellness,
    y

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Dear J,

this is still so new and still feels so unreal that I am not done yet digesting it all. Events have unfolded so quickly that the inner clock couldn't keep up.

Where to start? You said that we have no choice but to jump in at the deep end and hope for the best. And of course you are right. I believe we both have the best of intentions and only time will tell the rest. We can only undertake to approach this openly and sincerely and keep an eye on good communication. Everything else will take its natural course, whatever that may be.

That is what the rational side tells me. And of course it is right.

But, when push comes to shove, I am also a coward. A big one, And I hate, hate, hate being vulnerable. This is worth repeating, so I'll repeat it, to be on the safe side: I really hate being vulnerable. I wouldn't consider myself an „experienced woman“ but then again experience is relative. Mine is big enough to know what I am risking at sticking my neck out like this and small enough to still believe it is worth it and be able to dream little girls' dreams.

You say you are no stranger to fear of rejection. Well that is only one of many fears that enter into this. I can not help but analyze (and over-analyze) every single step taken or not taken by either one of us. This is constantly running in the background. And so the age old dance of the porcupines begins.
    How close is too close, how far apart is too far apart?

Is it too clingy if I say that I miss you, should I say that I don't want to wait that long to see you again, that I am often thinking of you in a strange way I haven't thought about anyone in a long, long time? Because that scare me, immensely.
    Is it too pushy if I want to read you like a book and absorb all the information I can get to know who I am dealing with? By the way, if my ESFJ shadow should take over and I become too motherly and threaten to smother you, please just say so right away, but also know that this is not meant as condescension but is my somewhat clumsy way of showing affection. I'll try to keep a lid on it.

And then there is the fear of making a fool of myself, of putting far too much of myself out there. The smallest gesture might betray me. You probably noticed that I don't just kiss your lips. I love to kiss your forehead, your eyes and your temple. And to me those seem more meaningful by far, for they are the seat of your heart and mind, if you will allow for that cheesy expression (yet I am far too proud to ever tell you so in person, at least not yet). It is my instincts that I follow when I do that. My reason is crying blue murder, while my gut wants me to go even further and just let the waves take me wherever the tide may carry me. So far you have only seen the tip of the iceberg, for I can be as tender and as loving as I am fearful and vulnerable (and there is probably a causal relationship between the two)

I love to dig my fingers into your hair and slowly caress your face. I love the sound of your voice. I love that shy and yet lightly mischievous look in your eyes. I am touched by your tenderness and slowly unveiled vulnerability.
    And in case you prefer to hear this: I also enjoy your wit and your sharp mind like a sip of cool water on a hot summer day.

The intensity of my feelings for you can vary from day to day, from hour to hour and from minute to minute and yet the baseline is strong enough to walk on it and carry our weight. That is the basis of both my hopes and fears.
    But I promise to be a good girl and give this an honest chance. I promise not to boycott it and run away preemptively. Let us enjoy the phase of the reign of the hormones when oxytocin is king and reason and moderation take a long vacation to the Bahamas! There will be more than enough time for them once the muddy waters have calmed down and become clear again. What carries its weight will have sunk to the ground and what was too light will have been washed away.

Okay, I am finally running out of clichés and have probably made enough of a fool of myself for one letter.

Let's just say I am looking forward to seeing you again.
    Until then, good night and a kiss on both your eyes!
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Dear Underage Facebook/social website users,

Tits or GTFO.

Sincerely, you're 10. You probably don't even know where "Demmarck" is.
    Those who pursue truth must not be arrogant. Just because it can't be proven scientifically, you must not laugh at miracles. You must not deny your eyes the beauty of this world.

Dear Mr. President:

It's the economy, stupid. If that had been your focus during the first two years, instead of the million other things you tried to juggle, we wouldn't be in this mess.

As far as re-election, you are lucky Bush was worse, and that the Republicans are such jack-asses.

-Anonymous voter

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast