Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unwritten Letters (DEAR...)

♂ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ Mᴇᴅɪᴄ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Dear T,

You kind of scared me when we first met because it seemed like you were mocking me every time I talked to you. Now that we've had some positive interactions, I'm happy to find that you're actually a pretty nice guy, just a little rough around the edges, so to say. Thanks for randomly coming to help me close the desk tonight.

21lux
    "A doctor cures people. A medic just makes them more comfortable... while they die."
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

HopelessSituationWarrior Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp

Dear Objectivist,

Who is the Keating and who is the Roark in this scenario? You might have it backwards.

Keating is a conformist. He surrenders his judgment and allows other people to dominate his life. In this regard, he is the story's foil, a contrast to its hero, Roark. Everything that Keating does is done under the influence of others. He becomes an architect (although he would prefer the career of a painter), because his mother chooses it. He marries Dominique (although he loves Catherine Halsey), because Dominique's grace and beauty impress other people. In all the important decisions of his life, Keating gives up his own values because other people disapprove of them. Keating lacks the strength of character necessary to stand on his own judgment

An aggressive social climber, Keating desires prestige above all else. Because Keating attempts to rise to the position of partner in the country's most prestigious firm — and because he uses any means necessary to attain this end, including flattery, deceit, and, in the case of Lucius Heyer, near-murder — he is conventionally thought of as selfish. .
    I'm someone who tends to find it healthier to go against the grain than with it. You can't see that because you grew up in a different time than I did. You've become as ossified as the people you used to rail against.

Read up about the source of my signature. Is he someone who pandered to popular opinion? Ignore the crap about him not passing the atheist purity test, and think about it.

Your ahistoricism, your vehement disinterest in context, is blinding you to all of this. You have a great deal of knowledge in one arena, and I suspect you just played an impressive trick, but your specialization has blinded you. I can think of one very obvious example here that occurred within the last year, one that told me that I must find my own path, and not yours. If there is a model for me present over there, it was someone who took the form of the High Priestess. She's not blind to the bigger picture, even if there may be certain things she cannot see. She's wise enough to understand the proper role of emotions.

You're like a lion, wandering in the desert. I'm more like a child. You can't beat me because I have something you don't. I'm on the side that fights for the living.

You have strangled your curiosity at some point in your past, and this has stunted you. You cower from things that threaten your worldview like the worst kind of fundamentalist Evangelical Christian. You think killing God makes you a God, but you're still just a pink man who is going to be worm food one day.

You cast me out, I think, because you feared me. If you were so certain that I was going to fail and destroy myself, why not permit me to fail within full view of your sandbox? You didn't do this because you were worried I might succeed and lead everyone off the True Path.

My chief mistake was less misjudging others, and more misjudging you.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

Dear S,

I hope at least you are aware that Anticipation is my apology to you. It coincided with a withdrawal of a certain like.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Dear Lover:

It is a funny feeling when the things you value just vaporise, seemingly before your eyes.

I feel very hurt by you. There is no good reason why I should be, of course: if anything I should feel relieved. However, your actions insult me. While I don't blame you for everything it is hard to stomach the feeling of lying here weary and alone when you have not only found somebody else, but somebody who I have railed against. Yet somehow, I knew you had this tendency and should have listened to my intuition when we first met. The follies of young love! I am too generous to girlfriends and not generous enough to people who perhaps deserve my energy more.

What is so sad about the whole affair is the knowledge of what could have been. We could have been looking forward to the beginning of a holiday where we would be able to express ourselves without stress. I can only imagine what could have happened, what would have been possible. But at least I will rest a little easier now, as you will no longer be the perfect woman to haunt my dreams.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Dear Ungaikyo-chan,

I can see for miles, move righteous.

Q.

Birds mumbling absently,

Distancing to save your boundaries is fair game. Spreading secrets and making fun of someone you allegedly care for is never not shitty.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

ISFJ friend,

Sorry for being an accidental jerk to you. Sorry for being oblivious enough that someone had to point out that I was being a jerk, after the fact. And sorry that the resulting delay means that I can't actually apologize to you without drawing too much attention to what was more of a douchey passing comment than anything else. Drives me crazy that I can't do that.

I feel like an asshole. I might actually be an asshole. And I'm really sorry.

Best,
    EJ
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Qlip, chubber, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Dear Super Really Nice Guy,

I know you just want my drugs. I'm glad to give them to you, because I owe you drugs and it's a relief to settle up. Continue to pretend to be friends, if you feel like that's what you gotta do.

Q.

Enneagram
    9w8

Dear E,

This morning you eluded to the first time we met. It was one of those weird things where I saw you and instantly connected. Was there a spark? Maybe. Who knows? We sure were able to talk freely.

There was something and it scared me, just a little. I said to myself, "Do not let yourself get close to this man." Yet, there was some weird sense of crossed destinies. Still, I told myself, "Stay back. Don't get too close." So, like dancing on the edge of a volcano, I stayed my distance and I think you did, too. I am still staying my distance. "We" would be far too complicated and messy. But, secretly, here, where you, nor anyone who shares our circle, will EVER read my thoughts, I confess. I'm attracted to you. I have been from the start. I like you and a little bit more, and I feel I should be slapped for it. It's a "no-no" in my world to be attracted to you! Nothing good could ever come of it. Besides, it's only the fleeting feelings I deal with after I hang up the phone from talking to you, that and the times that I get "mad" at you. The fact that you are actually able to make me mad testifies to...something. Not many people can accomplish that!

I think we make a great team.

You say you are a bulldog.

And I say, "Sometimes bulldogs are useful."

You say that I bring gentleness to your gruffness, lace to your leather.

I think that a lace blouse looks awesome with a sleek leather jacket and jeans.

You say that it's a "woman's touch" but maybe it's a "type touch," because all men aren't like you and all women aren't like me. I wish you understood type or that I could talk to you about it. I wish we could sit down and talk, really talk, but that's not going to happen because it can't happen. We have TOO much to talk about, too much to share and who knows where the sharing could lead us? We wouldn't want to live with the results of such a conversation.

You tell me that you're "bad" and you do appear to be a "badass" and all that, but I don't think you're so "bad" as you think you are. Okay, impetuous. I'll give you that. Hot-headed sometimes. You're an 8. I'm a 9. You heat me up and I cool you off. We go together like hot fudge and vanilla ice cream. Maybe, it's an acquired taste, but I like the flavor. Wouldn't you love to know that I'm comparing you to a dairy-dip treat?

It's true. On the surface we seem opposite, but somehow we are beautiful when we work together. And that's why we're dangerous. That's why you must stay where you are and I must stay where I am. I have my life and you have yours, but sometimes I wonder "what if..." and I wonder if you ever wonder, too, and if you do, do you come to the same conclusions I do.

When you are here, there is a "heat" between us. It's hot enough that other people can feel it and it's hot enough that I know not to stand too close to the flame. Maybe it's one of those things where that so long as we never get too close it will always burn but as soon as we get too close then, the flame will die and all we will be is ordinary or worse, just ashes. So, I think it is best that I keep my musings tethered to this unsent letter. I have committed no wrong in that way and neither have you.

Still, I love it when you call. I love it when you text. And I love it when, on occasion, you let slip that maybe...I mean something to you. I will continue to act like I don't notice, but secretly, I do.

And now, I will send this letter to the forum that you will never visit and hopefully, no one I really know will visit either. If they do, this letter will get BURNED!!!

Love, or a reasonable facsimile thereof,

Ene
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Dear Person,

You look so much better. You're making me smile a bit too much. I'm fairly impressed and glad for the moment. Please keep it up.

All the best,
    Oaky

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast