User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How does your mind work when reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Interesting! I do the same thing at times, for the exact. same. reason. I have to hear it outloud with inflection to to truly understand the tone or charactors. This is especially true if I am reading a book with alot of jargon/slang from different a period of time. FOr me to decipher authenticity or sarcasm, or egoism. I start many books off this way, until I can capture the tone and read silently. But I had never realized this is why I did it until you gave explanation. THANKS!
    I feel like that may be the difference between auxiliary introverted feeling and thinking. You are searching for authenticity and I am searching for importance. I was about to say it was dominant extroverted intuition, but I think there are a great deal of reasons why someone would read out loud.

After having time to ponder this thought further i think for myself i need justification as to how conclusions are reached and work backwards to find the reasoning behind it.

Damn you books for being so enticing.

Good to know i'm not crazy though

EdIt - I've changed my mind about the super hero power i want (beacuse i can ). I want to be like Johnny 5 (with a hotter body) so i can read extensively and retain information then i want to transcend space and time and read the akashic records so i know everything. A girl can dream, lol.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

I tend to drift sometimes... Then I have to re-read the sentence I was in the middle of when a thought or memory strikes... I am also reluctant to stop reading in the middle of a paragraph, it's a stickler-esque habit of mine.

I've wondered lately whether the internet has impaired my ability to read... I feel kind of inferior to people who can easily absorb the ideas from - or memorize the events of - a book, or people who can read large chunks of text at a time without getting tired. I'm a pretty crappy reader, I guess.