123 Last

Thread: Giving up

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default Giving up

I just don't know anymore... Those things which are beyond my ability to comprehend, beyond my ability to take hold of. They flicker in the expanse of my mind, taunting me most cruelly, teasing me to reach for what lies beyond. But my approach is immediately stopped by the ceiling which they sit above, a humbling reminder of the limitations placed within this world we call life. Even when the ever ironic Fate seems to spit on you from above with an unrelenting rain, does one become a fool for still trying to rise above the forbidden firmament to seize such lofty dreams? Or do you sink to where the bedeviling glare of abandoned aspirations can no longer find you to drown in your sorrows and regrets, a fool by no question... a sunken ship in Fate's sea, where the sky begins and ends.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Rejoice if you're not underemployed and homeless.

Get over it.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Keep your head up, Risen. You are a champion and a survivor.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Rejoice if you're not underemployed and homeless.

Get over it.
    Existental crises are now a White Whine?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Holy melodramatic rant post, Batman. For a second I thought maybe I'd been redirected to some angsty pre-teen's Live Journal. Anyways, I'll follow in suit and give you the standard blah blah yadda yadda don't give up and don't kill yourself(Or at least wait until you set me as your life insurance beneficiary) speech.

figsfiggyfigs

Man up, bitch, or I'll slap you back to earth.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't know what you're talking about, but maybe you should give up. I find that people end up screwing themselves over when they aren't willing to pause and reassess their position. It may at least worth taking a step back. Eh, from whatever you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Man up, bitch, or I'll slap you back to earth.
    I thought you were a sweet NF. :queenie:

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

We develop dreams when we're young, when we're always feeling invincible and no one can tell us we're not capable of achieving them. We're SURE it's going to happen. We can feel it, we can see it, we can friggin' TASTE it. People sigh and tell us to be careful, that there is a lot of work involved, that we shouldn't get our heart set on things, blah, blah, blah. We don't hear that shit. They don't know what it feels like inside, they don't understand why we're so sure. We have a secret weapon, when we're young, and we believe in it. We know what we're doing, fuck everybody who says differently.

Then, we spend all this time doing this or that, and we know we still have time to get there. The dream is still very much alive, it's there and it's waiting, we just have to get all this other shit out of the way first. Then we have to tackle some more shit. Then all this stuff comes up that we want so bad. People we want to use our time to get to know, objects we want to own, places we want to see, things we want to learn. The dream sits there, waiting.

Then we wake up one day and it occurs to us that our age is twice (perhaps three times) the age of what it was when we first had those dreams. We wonder how the fuck this happened. Time isn't stretched out so far anymore, it shrinks so quickly. Suddenly, years are going by and we're painfully aware of all the shit we didn't know back then, all the stuff everyone tried to tell us. We feel demoralized, we feel like we cheated ourselves, we wonder what made us stray so easily from the path we saw so clearly once upon a time, and we're pretty fucking sure that time ran out when we weren't paying attention.

So then what?

You're either going to mourn the loss of that time so excruciatingly that you just become paralyzed, defeated, tired, and become touched by nothing because all you can think about is failure....

Or you're going to take control of your life and your own happiness, and you're going to reform, recharge, and refuse to believe people are right when they say life ends when the dreams of youth do.

Fuck them, and fuck that idea.

Stop looking at the minority for whom all their youthful dreams came to fruition and comparing your own life to theirs. Stop believing you're so defined by those old dreams and have the balls and courage to dream brand new ones. Stop being a slave to mourning, and become the master of your own life.

If this has been relevant, keep it.

If it hasn't, no harm done.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

There are still many things we don't know but can still learn. And through learning many things, we can paint a better picture of the things we inherently can not know. If you add to that the facts we do know, for example life is not eternal, it seems giving up is the worst of what may seem to be two evils. Because then the question arises, what if? We may never know the answers we wish to know in our life, but giving up on trying seals the deal completely. If we were facing eternal life it might be different, but facing the life we know we have, I intend never to give up, even if all hope seems lost.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf