First off, I'm not posting this to be a stick in anyone's craw, I'm genuinely curious. I've been researching the Facebook role-playing community and message board communities for an article I'm working on, and in doing so it has just made me more and more curious about the attitudes of those who invest a lot of time in them (with or without the role playing aspect). I couldn't help but wonder what you folks might have to say on the subject.
Just a few general questions.
1. How much time a week would you say you spend on message boards?
2. Do you find the interactions you have with people online to be more rewarding or less rewarding than interactions you have with people in everyday life?
3. Do you regularly meet people you interact with online, or do you prefer keeping interactions strictly online?
4. Do you feel you behave/speak/interact with people online in the same ways you would in everyday life, or do you behave differently?
5. Do you find online interaction to be mostly positive or mostly negative?
6. What are your favorite aspects of online interaction, and what are your least favorite aspects?
I'd love to hear your feedback, and any other comments/thoughts you want to throw into the mix.
Cheers in advance guys!!