First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh also @ FDG....my ISTJ friend, who has been playing sports his entire life, said the things you listed about Intuitives and sports were just things you learn from playing sports, and not something inherent to N or S.
    Well, I was thinking more about aptitude, basically given the same amount of training and experience, intuitives might be *in my observation* be more likely to have those advantages (with the associated disadvantages). Perhaps though such aptitudes are completely indipendent from type, it's def. possible

It's interesting to note, too, as an ENTJ you have tert Se, FDG. You probably are very in touch with it.
    Yeah I have been lucky with that, having friends who were into sports and going out since I was a kid. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have developed that side of me.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, I was thinking more about aptitude, basically given the same amount of training and experience, intuitives might be *in my observation* be more likely to have those advantages (with the associated disadvantages). Perhaps though such aptitudes are completely indipendent from type, it's def. possible
    Oh I agree. It's possible that someone with Se or Si in a more prominent position might have better natural tendencies in this or that, and someone with Ne or Ni in the dom/aux would have others, but they could over time learn each other's skills, but me and ISTJ have discussed this, like ....things like wrestling, American football, and eXtreme sports seem more related to Se, because of greater need for sheer physical force and bravado, and things like tennis, ballet and golf seem more related to Si, because of greater need for precision of technique.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

1 musical
    2 logical
    3 bodily kinestesic
    4 linguistic/Spatial
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    1 musical
    2 logical
    3 bodily kinestesic
    4 linguistic/Spatial
    Are you good at visualizing things in your head?

Does this sound like you:
    The ability to recognize an object when seen from different angles, to imagine movement, and to think about spatial relations in terms of body orientation, as well as creativity and control of fine motor movement. The essence of graphic artistry, for example, lies in the spatial realm. In fashioning a work of art, whether a painting or a sculpture, a high level of sensitivity to the visual and spatial world is required.

Perhaps the functions of Ti Se are the best for spatial visualization, and not Ti Ne, but I think they're the types of minds that think well spatially.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    Are you good at visualizing things in your head?

Does this sound like you:
    The ability to recognize an object when seen from different angles, to imagine movement, and to think about spatial relations in terms of body orientation, as well as creativity and control of fine motor movement. The essence of graphic artistry, for example, lies in the spatial realm. In fashioning a work of art, whether a painting or a sculpture, a high level of sensitivity to the visual and spatial world is required.

Perhaps the functions of Ti Se are the best for spatial visualization, and not Ti Ne, but I think they're the types of minds that think well spatially.
    Humm, maybe, but actually, that does'nt really remind me something that I usually do.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    I'd like you to respond to some of this:
    Spatial intelligence doesn't need to translate into the real external physical arena, but only in understanding that physical arena. My point with the architect INTP, as Keirsey puts it, and the artistic, designing architect as the multiple intelligences website explains, displays the exact characteristics of an INTP in that they can take any space and manipulate and re-conceptualize it, whereas the sensing thinker must identify with the space. The ST weakness, is in having to attend to the built environment, whereas the INTP doesn't have to in order to understand the built environment, and in that respect the artistic, designing, architect INTP has greater natural spatial reasoning to any ST.

As in this: http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/architect.asp

This is a reasonable argument

And Entropie, I like the ENTP's, they're awesome.
    So much to learn, little one. You'll get there.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Hmm, I always assumed that the name The Architect referred to conceptual architecture, i.e. INTPs designing mental systems and seeing/analyzing how concepts hang together, not building office blocks on 5th Street.

And yes, INTs tend to do a little better on IQ tests because their strengths happen to overlap with a good part of what those tests assess. But, Paisley1, you seem to assume that they are somehow so superior to everybody else that they are even better at their lower functions and/or shadow functions. I fail to see why that should be the case.

Also, I agree with Marmie that part of the problem here seems to be the definition of spacial intelligence. Maybe sensors and intuitives just have different ways of using it, but I would not dismiss the importance of craftsmanship. And let us not pretend that sensors are some sort of semi-conscious monkeys incapable of abstract thinking who know how to drive a race car but couldn't put together an analytical thought if their lifes depended on it. That is ridiculous.

Anyway, here are the results of this INTP:

- language
    - logic
    - intrapersonal

...the weakest are spacial and kinesthetic. This shouldn't be too suprising.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Why do I want to make a thread about which MBTI types go with what wine/dish?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Why do I want to make a thread about which MBTI types go with what wine/dish?
    Obviously white wine for sensors and red wine* for intuitives. Don't you people read Keirsey?!

*Merlot for INFPs, Syrah for ENTJs, Carbernet Sauvignon for ENFPs, Malbec for INFJs, Pinot Noir for ENTPs, Zinfandel for INTJs, San Giovese for ENFJs and Barbera for INTPs...or something like that.
    You'd have to ask a sensor about white wine.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari