User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 163

  1. #71
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    The reason I ask is because many types, have the capacity for spatial reasoning, s and n alike, but out of ALL the types OVERALL, it is not a delusional reponse to argue for an INTP as having the best spatial reasoning skills, especially when kiersey defines them as having the best architectural and drafting ability, ie, ability to think in terms of space, where in fact, it's the most logical type to have the most ease in understanding space and depth. That is not to say many other types aren't great at machine work and visual art.

    I'm not sure if YOU fully understand what it means to have spatial intelligence.
    Yeah it doesn't take any Spatial reasoning at all to design a sports car or to create haute couture. You are irritatingly obtuse.

  2. #72
    Senior Member paisley1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Really now, saying that a brillant ISTJ can't visualize 3-d shapes in his head without being directly interfaced with them is...wrong. There's no reason why they should not, as much as anyone can think about changing the shape of an object he-she has observed.
    The tendency is that the S needs to see it first, even feel it, have a physical tangible backdrop to go off, and it has to be a fairly practical matter we're dealing with, whereas the INTP can come up with the concept in their mind. As far as operating a tool, the INTP would ask an ISTP so they can get back to spatial visualization.

    Are you saying INTP's aren't architects and can't draw out a design for a beautiful car or beautiful dress? I'm saying they are the BEST FIT for both of those things, in the development stage of spatial visualization, and then they can send it off to be manufactured by, usually, a sensor.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

    "Don't let what matters least, matter most."

    Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

  3. #73
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    The tendency is that the S needs to see it first, even feel it, have a physical tangible backdrop to go off, and it has to be a fairly practical matter we're dealing with, whereas the INTP can come up with the concept in their mind.
    Why do you say so. That is not my experience. I said ISTJ because I specifically know an ISTJ which is extremely skilled at geometry (yes, the mathematical kind of geometry).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  4. #74
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    You'll pardon me if I trust Scientific American more than I trust you.

    Wai and colleagues focused on the relationship between spatial abilities and interests. finding that adolescents with strong spatial abilities also show greater interest than most in working with their hands, manipulating and tinkering with tangible things. While building, repairing, and working with inanimate objects might bore some, spatially gifted adolescents reported a preference for such activities.

    If you don't get that Spatial intelligence is something absolutely and fundamentally required for BASIC SURVIVAL AND MANIPULATION OF TANGIBLE OBJECTS, then I don't even know what to do with you.

    It's ridiculous. It's like you're willfully ignoring that primary way Spatial intelligence is used.

  5. #75
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Why do you say so. That is not my experience. I said ISTJ because I specifically know an ISTJ which is extremely skilled at geometry (yes, the mathematical kind of geometry).
    Many math professors are ISTJs.

  6. #76
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    Are you saying INTP's aren't architects and can't draw out a design for a beautiful car or beautiful dress? I'm saying they are the BEST FIT for both of those things, in the development stage of spatial visualization, and then they can send it off to be manufactured by, usually, a sensor.
    You're poorly educated about what Sensing and Intuition is. That's the entire problem.

    INTPs are the "best fit" for fashion design?

    You're unbelievable. I mean it's almost like you're trolling, but I think you're just ...yeah...

  7. #77
    Senior Member paisley1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You'll pardon me if I trust Scientific American more than I trust you.

    Wai and colleagues focused on the relationship between spatial abilities and interests. finding that adolescents with strong spatial abilities also show greater interest than most in working with their hands, manipulating and tinkering with tangible things. While building, repairing, and working with inanimate objects might bore some, spatially gifted adolescents reported a preference for such activities.

    If you don't get that Spatial intelligence is something absolutely and fundamentally required for BASIC SURVIVAL AND MANIPULATION OF TANGIBLE OBJECTS, then I don't even know what to do with you.

    It's ridiculous. It's like you're willfully ignoring that primary way Spatial intelligence is used.
    I absolutely agree with this, and I'm saying that INTP's are the best at it.

    Are you asserting that you can only be good at spatial visualization if you're a sensor? That's just not the case.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

    "Don't let what matters least, matter most."

    Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

  8. #78
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    I absolutely agree with this, and I'm saying that INTP's are the best at it.
    INTPs are the best at manipulation of HANDS ON building and tools?
    Last edited by Bellflower; 07-11-2011 at 07:20 AM. Reason: On the line. Please veer from comments such as this.

  9. #79
    Senior Member paisley1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    INTPs are the best at manipulation of HANDS ON building and tools?
    No, not of hands on building and using tools, but of spatial visualization. Just because sensors score high in it, doesn't mean an INTP's spatial visualization isn't higher, just at a lower position overall. It's ridiculous to think sensors are the only ones who think the best in terms of space.
    Last edited by Bellflower; 07-11-2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: removed copy of removed comment.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

    "Don't let what matters least, matter most."

    Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

  10. #80
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    No, not of hands on building and using tools, but of spatial visualization. Just because sensors score high in it, doesn't mean an INTP's spatial visualization isn't higher, just at a lower position overall. It's ridiculous to think sensors are the only ones who think the best in terms of space.
    No one said that INTPs can't be good at it. No one said INTPs don't use it.

    It's just vexing to me to that you don't comprehend that Sensors have imagination and ability to visualize in their mind...in fact, intense and precise internal imaging based upon what has been observed previously with the senses is related to Si, not Ni or Ne, I'll have you know.

    So manipulation of external visuals (which can include charts, maps, graphs, and geometric figures, not just actual hands-on tools) would seem to correlate somewhat to Se, because extroverted sensing is about all visuals, not just the actual building process.

    And internal visualisation actually correlates strongly to Si, which would include SJs, and may serve to explain why there are so many ISTJ engineers and math professors, and why ISFJs are known for their skills in design and aesthetics.

    INTPs may have abilities with Spatial visualization due to Ti/Si rather than Ne, which is kind of lulzy considering the argument you're attempting to make about N vs. S.

    Your understanding of personality theory is simplistic at best, and it makes you exceedingly frustrating to reason with.

    Oh also @ FDG....my ISTJ friend, who has been playing sports his entire life, said the things you listed about Intuitives and sports were just things you learn from playing sports, and not something inherent to N or S.

    It's interesting to note, too, as an ENTJ you have tert Se, FDG. You probably are very in touch with it.

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI Types of countries' citizens
    By NewEra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 01-03-2016, 08:36 PM
  2. MBTI Types of British TV Shows You've Never Heard of.
    By Mort Belfry in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 06:33 PM
  3. The MBTI types of MLB stars.
    By ferunandesu in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 04:53 PM
  4. MBTI type of Tommy Shaw (A member of Styx)
    By Athenian200 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 08:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO