Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    I resonate with what you're saying, yet some types have a natural predisposition, say, at an early age for certain types of intelligences, ie, the naturalistic intelligence has to do with nurturing and relating information to one’s natural surroundings. Careers which suit those with this intelligence include naturalists, farmers and gardeners, where you'll find a lot of ISTP's quite predisposed to this work as a profession as opposed to INFP's. Every type has skill in every intelligence, just some so easily it leaps from the page, even the wording, like Existential Intelligence looking and breathing like an INFJ, that just leaps from the page. That's not to say an INFP can't be an amazing gardener or an ISTP can't be an excellent philosopher, just not likely.
    I do agree with this.

Some people obviously have a natural sense of tone and pitch, and care intensely about music, and it has nothing to do with practice, or if they are actually a virtuoso in the sense of having perfected the craft.

And I fucking suck at math, it makes me want to cry, and it was forced upon me. My grandfather made me do math workbooks and I was pushed into advanced maths and failed miserably and felt like I was IN PAIN (this is my lowest intelligence, btw, as I'm sure comes as no surprise to some deeply frustrated NTs on this site).

You also have people who despise animals, and fear nature.

You have people who have a terrible time learning to read, but have a natural knack for hitting a ball.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

6. Interpersonal - ENTP
    I'll make the case for ENTP's being the best networkers between people with their combination of Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving, which to me is just set up perfectly for pubic speaking and gathering people together in a creative and most convincing way. Other Extraverts are really good with interpersonal affairs, but to me, ENTP's are simply networking all the time, even for the sake of it.
    Excellent phrasing !!!

I agree for me with being high on Interpersonal, me alone being extraordinarily sensitive to the general mood of a person or situation is an indicator.

I am kinda high on this too:

Linguistic

This area has to do with words, spoken or written. People with high verbal-linguistic intelligence display a facility with words and languages. They are typically good at reading, writing, telling stories and memorizing words along with dates. They tend to learn best by reading, taking notes, listening to lectures, and by discussing and debating about what they have learned. Those with verbal-linguistic intelligence learn foreign languages very easily as they have high verbal memory and recall, and an ability to understand and manipulate syntax and structure.
    Third one would be Logical / Mathematical with a hint of Exestential that sounds cool

I suck at: Spatial, Bodily-Kinesthetic

Everything else is somewhere in between
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No, just Joe Butt: ESTJ
    I tend to pay less attention to the manufactured lists (which may be determined by MBTI or Keirsey most times rather than Jungian cognitive functions) and more to intelligent debates about cognitive functions in certain people.

There are many people who think George W. Bush is Se/Ti/Fe/Ni, even if Joe Butt thinks he's ESTJ.

You are entitled to your opinion on the matter as well, but I disagree.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I tend to pay less attention to the manufactured lists (which may be determined by MBTI or Keirsey most times rather than Jungian cognitive functions) and more to intelligent debates about cognitive functions in certain people.

There are many people who think George W. Bush is Se/Ti/Fe/Ni, even if Joe Butt thinks he's ESTJ.

George bush? Micromanagement? lolerskates.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post

I'd like you to respond to some of this:
    Spatial intelligence doesn't need to translate into the real external physical arena, but only in understanding that physical arena. My point with the architect INTP, as Keirsey puts it, and the artistic, designing architect as the multiple intelligences website explains, displays the exact characteristics of an INTP in that they can take any space and manipulate and re-conceptualize it, whereas the sensing thinker must identify with the space. The ST weakness, is in having to attend to the built environment, whereas the INTP doesn't have to in order to understand the built environment, and in that respect the artistic, designing, architect INTP has greater natural spatial reasoning to any ST.

As in this: http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/architect.asp

This is a reasonable argument

And Entropie, I like the ENTP's, they're awesome.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Spatial intelligence doesn't need to translate into the real external physical arena, but only in understanding that physical arena. My point with the architect INTP, as Keirsey puts it, and the artistic, designing architect as the multiple intelligences website explains, displays the exact characteristics of an INTP in that they can take any space and manipulate and re-conceptualize it, whereas the sensing thinker must identify with the space. The ST weakness, is in having to attend to the built environment, whereas the INTP doesn't have to in order to understand the built environment, and in that respect the artistic, designing, architect INTP has greater natural spatial reasoning to any ST.

And Entropie, I like the ENTP's, they're awesome.
    Spatial intelligence correlates to visual intelligence. Extroverted Sensing tends to rely upon the five senses acutely observing the here and now. Therefore, it does make sense that many SPs would excel at Spatial and Musical as well as Naturalistic intelligence.

This is not to say that some people - such as INTPs for example - will not use Spatial intelligence in combination with Mathematical/Logical for things such as engineering or physics.

It's just LOOK HERE BRO: there are more carpenters, house painters, and automechanics in the world that physicists.

YOU DO UNDERSTAND THAT SPATIAL INTELLIGENCE RELATES TO VISUAL ART, WOOD WORK, MACHINE WORK, AND HAVING A NATURAL SENSE OF DIRECTION AND TO THINGS LIKE MAP MAKING AND BUILDING ROADS OR BRIDGES OR RAILROADS? DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

I swear I feel like I'm talking to a wall. What don't you get?

Banned

I agree. It is a reasonable argument.

Spatial intelligence is consciously visualising a system in your head and the resulting consequences of manipulating that system.

This is known.

I believe the only types who would have a disadvantage with this would be Ti PoLR/Inferiors however.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh, other fine examples of spatial intelligence: fashion design, cosmetics, and interior design.

Yes, INTPs tend to dominate those fields.

You're making Spatial intelligence too specific to what appeals to you personally, and not seeing how many stereotypical "Sensor" professions it applies to.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Really now, saying that a brillant ISTJ can't visualize 3-d shapes in his head without being directly interfaced with them is...wrong. There's no reason why they should not, as much as anyone can think about changing the shape of an object he-she has observed.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

The reason I ask is because many types, have the capacity for spatial reasoning, s and n alike, but out of ALL the types OVERALL, it is not a delusional reponse to argue for an INTP as having the best spatial reasoning skills, especially when kiersey defines them as having the best architectural and drafting ability, ie, ability to think in terms of space, where in fact, it's the most logical type to have the most ease in understanding space and depth. That is not to say many other types aren't great at machine work and visual art.

I'm not sure if YOU fully understand what it means to have spatial intelligence.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE