User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

@Marmie Dearest, these intelligences do attend to intuitives with greater ease than sensors, but the majority of all "things" that need to get done are "naturalistic intelligences" and not intuitive intelligences. So although it looks skewed towards N's, in reality, S's occupty the majority of the work and are absolutely vital, although, will not excel at the majority of the intelligences as N's do.

The misconception is still on understanding spatial intelligence, and your quote speaks to that misconception when you said
    Ne is about "headspace", not physical space, and INTPs are introverted by nature. while they may have strong conceptualization, it's unlikely that it translates into the real external physical arena.
    Spatial intelligence doesn't need to translate into the real external physical arena, but is only in understanding that physical arena. My point with the architect INTP, as Keirsey puts it, is that they can take any space and manipulate and re-conceptualize it, whereas the sensing thinker must identify with the space. The ST weakness, is in having to attend to the built environment, whereas the INTP doesn't have to in order to understand the built environment, and in that respect the artistic, designing, architect INTP has greater spatial reasoning to any ST.

As in this: http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/architect.asp

With linguistics, there's definitely a good argument to be made for ENFJ's and ENFP's, but I still think IN EF or IF EN has a greater grasp of the language than EN IF and EF IN, but either or will work in whatever order. Per person argument really.

The body is a genetic crap shoot and one person may have a physique that allows them greater capacity to use it than others. ES's are definitely more in tune with their bodies overall.

ISFP's and INFP's make the best composers because their artistry is cranked so high, and that's the only reason why I say it's the easiest for them over other types, because of their IF. It's like uber super creative amazing juice. You're totally right though; other types create great music, and INFP's and ISFP's don't have a lock on it by any stretch, just the greatest ease into the musical world over other interests because of IF.

I think you're totally right about ENFJ's and ESFJ's though. Makes more sense than ENTP, as interpersonal intelligence must have a depth of feeling and ENTP's are more aloof.

So either INFJ's or INFP's top intrapersonal depth, with INFP's being a little more, in IF EN as opposed to IN EF, sure, both are doing, pretty much the same thing.

INFJ's easily top existential depth.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    @Marmie Dearest, these intelligences do attend to intuitives with greater ease than sensors, but the majority of all "things" that need to get done are "naturalistic intelligences". So although it looks skewed towards N's, in reality, S's occupy the majority of the work and are absolutely vital, although, will not have a natural predisposition to the majority of the intelligences as N's do.
    What are you talking about? Naturalistic intelligence applies to farming, gardening, animal keeping, veterinary work, botany, ecology, biology, geology, and things like that. It does not comprise "everything that Sensors do" or even most work.

SJs are actually largely in control of our public school system, and over 50% of public school teachers are SJs. SJ children tend to test well and be good students. I'm not sure what that has to do with environmental work or farming.

Spatial intelligence applies to things like carpentry, civil engineering, and other "hands on" kind of labor that Keirsey would have labelled "artisan professions." Spatial intelligence isn't just used in physics or more abstract types of engineering, though it can be. This means that many, many Sensors must have Spatial intelligence, and you're just applying in the way that suits you, not in the way that it generally will present itself.

Bodily/Kinesthetic is also attuned to Sensing for just totally fucking "duh" reasons. Much manual labor and dancing and athleticism and even hand-eye coordination type tasks involve Bodily/Kinesthetic.

As I've already said, I knew it would be pointless to talk to you after you said INFJs are good at everything, and don't realize that ESFJs totally PWN ENTPs at Interpersonal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    What are you talking about? Naturalistic intelligence applies to farming, gardening, animal keeping, veterinary work, ecology, biology, geology, and things like that. It does not comprise "everythig that Sensors do" or even most work.
    Surely that's not intelligence, that's knowledge/skills? Well perhaps not but perhaps all intelligence have significant overlap with knowledge/skills. I smell a rat in some of these intelligence 'types'.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Surely that's not intelligence, that's knowledge/skills? Well perhaps not but perhaps all intelligence have significant overlap with knowledge/skills. I smell a rat in some of these intelligence 'types'.
    Have you looked at the link I posted earlier in the thread for Naturalistic intelligence?

Banned

Have you looked at the link I posted earlier in the thread for Naturalistic intelligence?
    I don't understand how a lot of these 'intelligence types' differentiate between learned experience and raw intelligence, that isn't just Naturalistic, infact it could apply to all of the above.

I don't understand how you can break out raw capability from existing knowledge.

It takes about 10,000 hours for the average person to become a virtuoso at any task; therefore, someone with greater innate capability can do it in less time and the converse.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Why are you comparing a genius to someone with average to low-average intelligence? George Bush is an ESTP, btw. He has Fe, not Fi. That's what makes him so fucking charming. His serious cat father, George Sr, is the STJ...ISTJ.

It's like you're really stretching, bro. You're not acknowledging that the reason the multiple intelligences exist is for a similar reason that people have different personality types. Don't you see? DO YOU NOT SEE?

Ugh.
    Not according to wikipedia: ESTJ

Like this: http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/supervisor.asp

And I don't understand what you mean by "multiple intelligences exist is for a similar reason that people have different personality types." They aren't completely transferable (between MBTI & multiple Intelligences) and some types have greater ease at the intelligences than others, and any hard and fast answer will be personal taste, like mine.

8w9 EIE

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Here's another Multiple Intelligences Test. I did not particularly care for the Queendom one, as it did not even give me full results and asked me to pay?

http://literacyworks.org/mi/assessme...strengths.html

I was tied for Nature/Language (Naturalistic/Linguistic) at #1 on this particular test, and #2 was Music. The prior results I posted were from the personality badge test.

4.43 Nature: You are sensitive to nature and environment. You probably know the names of rocks, flowers, birds, and trees. You love to be outdoors. Here are some ways to use your nature intelligence in your learning:

Work in the garden.

Read about plants and/or animals.

Study habits of fish or birds.

Read nature magazines.

Go hiking. Take photographs of what you find on your hike. Write a story describing the photographs.

4.43 Language: You enjoy enjoy saying, hearing, and seeing words. You like telling stories. You are motivated by books, records, dramas, opportunities for writing. Effective techniques of enhancing your learning using your language intelligence include reading aloud, especially plays and poetry. Another idea is to write down reflections on what you've read. You may also enjoy exploring and developing your love of words, i.e., meanings of words, origin of words and idioms, names. Use different kinds of dictionaries.

4.29 Musical: You like the rhythm and sound of language. You like poems, songs, and jingles. You enjoy humming or singing along with music. You probably remember things well when they are associated with music or rhythm. Try to incorporate sounds into your lessons, such as using a familiar tune, song, or rap beat to teach spelling rules, or to remember words in a series for a test.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    Not according to wikipedia: ESTJ

Like this: http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/supervisor.asp

And I don't understand what you mean by "multiple intelligences exist is for a similar reason that people have different personality types." They aren't completely transferable (between MBTI & multiple Intelligences) and some types have greater ease at the intelligences than others, and any hard and fast answer will be personal taste, like mine.
    I think the real problem here is that you think Wikipedia is god.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I don't understand how a lot of these 'intelligence types' differentiate between learned experience and raw intelligence, that isn't just Naturalistic, infact it could apply to all of the above.

I don't understand how you can break out raw capability from existing knowledge.

It takes about 10,000 hours for the average person to become a virtuoso at any task; therefore, someone with greater innate capability can do it in less time and the converse.
    I resonate with what you're saying, yet some types have a natural predisposition, say, at an early age for certain types of intelligences, ie, the naturalistic intelligence has to do with nurturing and relating information to one’s natural surroundings. Careers which suit those with this intelligence include naturalists, farmers and gardeners, where you'll find a lot of ISTP's quite predisposed to this work as a profession as opposed to INFP's. Every type has skill in every intelligence, just some so easily it leaps from the page, even the wording, like Existential Intelligence looking and breathing like an INFJ, that just leaps from the page. That's not to say an INFP can't be an amazing gardener or an ISTP can't be an excellent philosopher, just not likely.

8w9 EIE

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

I think the real problem here is that you think Wikipedia is god.
    No, just Joe Butt: ESTJ

8w9 EIE