Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I see.

I actually put my results from the last time I took that test. They said my barefoot cat lovin' ass is naturalistic, so I guess I should stick with ESFP.

ReflecTcelfeR

That always seemed like a strange intelligence to me... I read the description and it doesn't quite make sense to me. I get it, I just don't really see how it's an intelligence really. I guess you'd have to be intelligent to know how to handle your environment... That must be it! It's a good one to have then .

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    That always seemed like a strange intelligence to me... I read the description and it doesn't quite make sense to me. I get it, I just don't really see how it's an intelligence really. I guess you'd have to be intelligent to know how to handle your environment... That must be it! It's a good one to have then .
    definition:

naturalist intelligence is a person's ability to identify and classify patterns in nature. During our prehistory, hunter-gatherers would rely on naturalist intelligence to identify what flora and fauna were edible, as well as which were not. Today, naturalist intelligence may be seen in the way we relate to our surroundings and the role each part of our surroundings play. People who are sensitive to changes in weather patterns or are adept at distinguishing nuances between large numbers of similar objects may be expressing naturalist intelligence abilities.
    It freaks people out sometimes that I can tell you the approximate time, to the hour, by the way the sun looks in the sky, or even coming through a window in a place where I am used to living, and I'm also one of those people who can "feel" when it's going to rain. I also am really good at actually paying attention to animals and communicating with them instead of just assuming that controlling them is the best option.

I am starting to think that picking up on "vibes" from other people is also naturalist intelligence, which may explain why sensing feelers seem perfectly adept at this skill, and it's because it has jack shit to do with Jungian Intuitives and more to do with abilities relating to sensing and/or feeliing.

Dunno, but I think there are debates between whether people raised in rural areas (such as I) are just taught this as a skillset, or if some people innately have it, and it could also show up in people in urban environments, like this link here:

Naturalistic Intelligence

Permabanned

1. Bodily-kinesthetic
    2. Spacial

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    definition:

It freaks people out sometimes that I can tell you the approximate time, to the hour, by the way the sun looks in the sky, or even coming through a window in a place where I am used to living, and I'm also one of those people who can "feel" when it's going to rain. I also am really good at actually paying attention to animals and communicating with them instead of just assuming that controlling them is the best option.

I am starting to think that picking up on "vibes" from other people is also naturalist intelligence, which may explain why sensing feelers seem perfectly adept at this skill, and it's because it has jack shit to do with Jungian Intuitives and more to do with abilities relating to sensing and/or feeliing.

Dunno, but I think there are debates between whether people raised in rural areas (such as I) are just taught this as a skillset, or if some people innately have it, and it could also show up in people in urban environments, like this link here:

Naturalistic Intelligence
    It certainly does give Extroverted Sensing something to hold onto, doesn't it? I think that's really cool; it's very instinctual and raw.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It certainly does give Extroverted Sensing something to hold onto, doesn't it? I think that's really cool; it's very instinctual and raw.
    Well I think it is important, and I believe that people with naturalist intelligence are more likely to think it is only "common sense" that the environment which nurtures us, if highly altered and destroyed, will naturally kill us as well as other species.

It may be why environmentalists think that people who do not respect the ecosystem are fucking idiots, in the same manner that someone with high mathematical or logical intelligence may regard most people as sadly less intelligent for being less inclined to their strength in logic.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well I think it is important, and I believe that people with naturalist intelligence are more likely to think it is only "common sense" that the environment which nurtures us, if highly altered and destroyed, will naturally kill us as well as other species.

It may be why environmentalists think that people who do not respect the ecosystem are fucking idiots, in the same manner that someone with high mathematical or logical intelligence may regard most people as sadly less intelligent for being less inclined to their strength in logic.
    It is interesting the blend though, would it be that... Someone with a great hold on mathematical-logic intelligence could easily learn the naturalistic way of thinking it just wouldn't necessarily be "common sense" or perhaps just a different kind of "common sense"? I think it would. Intelligences can blend to some degree I think, but just like any cognitive process anything can appear the same for different reasons. Gotta love this stuff!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

To start, as an extremely biased answer, I'd say INFJ's like myself pretty much dominate on all counts, scoring near the top on all of them except on the naturalistic intelligence.

Types I think are most predisposed without effort for the intelligence:
    1. Spatial - INTP
    Spatial reasoning is for artists, designers, and architects, which in my mind would clearly go to the INTP with IT EN.

2. Linguistic - NF (INFJ,INFP)
    The masters of the spoken or written word of any language would easily go to the INFJ's and INFP's. Different sides of the same coin, but NF sort of dominates in both writing and public speaking as far as a natural predisposition with IN EF and IF EN.

3. Logical-mathematical - NT (INTP,INTJ)
    Intuitive thinkers have logical and mathematical cased over anyone including ISTP's and ISTJ's and are naturally going to rise above and beyond with less effort than other types in my mind.

4. Bodily-kinesthetic - (All types)
    Physical build has very little to do with Myers Briggs in my opinion. The most common athletes are going to be ES's because they gravitate towards sports and are less prone to intellectual pursuits, but they aren't necessarily better than any other type at athletics and controlling their bodies.

5. Musical - ISFP,INFP
    Introverted Feeling perceivers are easily the most creative this way and to me have thee most natural predisposition for music out of all the types which makes me very envious.

6. Interpersonal - ENTP
    I'll make the case for ENTP's being the best networkers between people with their combination of Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving, which to me is just set up perfectly for pubic speaking and gathering people together in a creative and most convincing way. Other Extraverts are really good with interpersonal affairs, but to me, ENTP's are simply networking all the time, even for the sake of it.

7. Intrapersonal - INFJ
    The wikipedia definition of intrapersonal screams INFJ.

"This area has to do with introspective and self-reflective capacities. People with intrapersonal intelligence are intuitive and typically introverted. They are skillful at deciphering their own feelings and motivations. This refers to having a deep understanding of the self; what your strengths/ weaknesses (serious J type judging) are, what makes you unique, you can predict your own reactions/ emotions.

Careers which suit those with this intelligence include philosophers, psychologists, theologians, lawyers, and writers. People with intrapersonal intelligence also prefer to work alone."

INFJ's are in a constant state of inner thought and introspection of their own feelings, and the definition of the word introspection is almost the same as INFJ. I would even add that a stronger J would make it even more introspective on the feelings of self.

8. Naturalistic - S
    All sense thinkers are going to be more naturalistic and earthy than intuitors.

9. Existential - INFJ
    Spiritual, religious, and philosophical intelligence, again, most naturally goes to the prophet/clairvoyant INFJ with IN EF followed by a very close INTP IT EN and INTJ IN ET, but those two are still more naturally inclined to logic/math than existential questions.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It is interesting the blend though, would it be that... Someone with a great hold on mathematical-logic intelligence could easily learn the naturalistic way of thinking it just wouldn't necessarily be "common sense" or perhaps just a different kind of "common sense"? I think it would. Intelligences can blend to some degree I think, but just like any cognitive process anything can appear the same for different reasons. Gotta love this stuff!
    I think Charles Darwin is a good example of someone who had both Naturalist and Logic.

I don't think one exempts the other obviously, but say an individual who had a lot of Logical intelligence who had very little or no Naturalist intelligence might scoff at someone who was a Naturalist who explained their perceptions and skills in a way that was unfamiliar or unpalatable to the Logical thinker, if you get my meaning.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    To start, as an extremely biased answer, I'd say INFJ's like myself pretty much dominate on all counts, scoring near the top on all of them except on the naturalistic intelligence.

Types I think are most predisposed without effort for the intelligence:
    1. Spatial - INTP
    Spatial reasoning is for artists, designers, and architects, which in my mind would clearly go to the INTP with IT EN.

2. Linguistic - NF (INFJ,INFP)
    The masters of the spoken or written word of any language would easily go to the INFJ's and INFP's. Different sides of the same coin, but NF sort of dominates in both writing and public speaking as far as a natural predisposition with IN EF and IF EN.

3. Logical-mathematical - NT (INTP,INTJ)
    Intuitive thinkers have logical and mathematical cased over anyone including ISTP's and ISTJ's and are naturally going to rise above and beyond with less effort than other types in my mind.

4. Bodily-kinesthetic - (All types)
    Physical build has very little to do with Myers Briggs in my opinion. The most common athletes are going to be ES's because they gravitate towards sports and are less prone to intellectual pursuits, but they aren't necessarily better than any other type at athletics and controlling their bodies.

5. Musical - ISFP,INFP
    Introverted Feeling perceivers are easily the most creative this way and to me have thee most natural predisposition for music out of all the types which makes me very envious.

6. Interpersonal - ENTP
    I'll make the case for ENTP's being the best networkers between people with their combination of Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving, which to me is just set up perfectly for pubic speaking and gathering people together in a creative and most convincing way. Other Extraverts are really good with interpersonal affairs, but to me, ENTP's are simply networking all the time, even for the sake of it.

7. Intrapersonal - INFJ
    The wikipedia definition of intrapersonal screams INFJ.

"This area has to do with introspective and self-reflective capacities. People with intrapersonal intelligence are intuitive and typically introverted. They are skillful at deciphering their own feelings and motivations. This refers to having a deep understanding of the self; what your strengths/ weaknesses (serious J type judging) are, what makes you unique, you can predict your own reactions/ emotions.

Careers which suit those with this intelligence include philosophers, psychologists, theologians, lawyers, and writers. People with intrapersonal intelligence also prefer to work alone."

INFJ's are in a constant state of inner thought and introspection of their own feelings, and the definition of the word introspection is almost the same as INFJ. I would even add that a stronger J would make it even more introspective on the feelings of self.

8. Naturalistic - S
    All sense thinkers are going to be more naturalistic and earthy than intuitors.

9. Existential - INFJ
    Spiritual, religious, and philosophical intelligence, again, most naturally goes to the prophet/clairvoyant INFJ with IN EF followed by a very close INTP IT EN and INTJ IN ET, but those two are still more naturally inclined to logic/math than existential questions.
    First of all, let me just say that your assertion that INFJs would score high on all of them is just totally nuts, unless you're trolling.

Secondly, Spatial seems largely related to Se to me. Artists, designers, architects? From a purely stereotypical standpoint you're describing Sensing Thinkers, predominantly with design and architecture, and Feelers as artists, so excuse me when I say your theory about INTPs have the most spatial intelligence seems more than a little odd.

Third, I'm afraid Bodily/Kinesthetic would be related to Sensing, as well.

My opinion is also that Fi relates to Intrapersonal and Fe to Interpersonal.