User Tag List

First 614151617 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Logical: Definitely T. Definitely. Definitely.
    Musical: Definitely N. Maybe F.
    Interpersonal: E. P?
    Visual: S? P?
    Intrapersonal: I. N?
    Linguistic: N.
    Kinesthetic: S. F?
    Naturalist: S. P?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    This strikes a chord with me, could you give an example to be sure?
    They focus more on topic, vocal stress and emotional inflection than word order. Word order is flexible in Russian because of case endings. A Croatian described English as "easy, like a puzzle" but a Russian friend of mine said, "what the hell is up with your grammar." So English is easy if you're left brained and like puzzles. I did some linguistic research in college and apparently English is considered a more scientific language which is strongly appropriate to fields like technology. Interestingly, Slavic languages and Germanic languages spring from a common ancestor, as do Romance languages and still others, because of the Indo-European language tree...but essentially English took everything that Russian rejected, and vice versa, from the original common language.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    They focus more on topic, vocal stress and emotional inflection than word order. Word order is flexible in Russian because of case endings. A Croatian described English as "easy, like a puzzle" but a Russian friend of mine said, "what the hell is up with your grammar." So English is easy if you're left brained and like puzzles. I did some linguistic research in college and apparently English is considered a more scientific language which is strongly appropriate to fields like technology. Interestingly, Slavic languages and Germanic languages spring from a common ancestor, as do Romance languages and still others, because of the Indo-European language tree...but essentially English took everything that Russian rejected, and vice versa, from the original common language.
    If you're interested, Albanian and Greek are considered the best mashups of what could have been our common indo-european initial language. Mostly thanks to their relative isolation - especially their central valleyes are rockiest peninsulae.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I meant your rule that INTPs (and secondarily, Ns) are the best users of spatial intelligence. Nowhere did I imply that Ss are the best or only users of it, just that we're not as mentally handicapped as you seem to believe.
    Handicapped? I answered very similar to Heizusan and he's not getting any flack, and it doesn't mean either of us think "S is for stupid". Our answers are almost identical, even if he for some reason thinks that only N's are best at music, and F goes with kinesthetic?, but close enough. I think that INF's get top spot for intrapersonal, Linguistic, and existential which looks like a bias, as I am one, but I also think it's the truth, and I've only heard lots of arguments for it. I think INTP's and INTJ's are the most logical and have the highest spatial intelligence; I like how ENTP's navigate interpersonally but that all E's will excel depending on how much they exercise themselves interpersonally, and same for all types with body/kinesthetic; and Sensors enjoy Naturalist occupations, and both types are musical.

Heizusan's List:

Logical: Definitely T. Definitely. Definitely. - I agree it's T. I went with INTP's and INTJ's as THE MOST logical/mathematical, given the number of geniuses that are both. Is there a good argument against INTP's and INTJ's being the most logical?
    Musical: Definitely N. Maybe F. - Add S and P. Here I totally cheer for sensors, I love their music. The obvious and highest selling of all time ones are Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson (ISFP's).....oh, and Madonna (ESTP).
    Interpersonal: E. P? - Agree. Here it depends on the extravert, I just happen to LIKE how ENTP's go about it in my own personal experience with them. Not hard and fast at all. Any extravert.
    Visual: S? P? - ALL.
    Intrapersonal: I. N? - Agree, add F. Is there an argument for S? ISF's I thought are more focused on the doing and finding the ideal, rather than self examination.
    Linguistic: N. - Agree. I took a hard and fast INFJ out of sheer bias for myself and Carl Jung as this site is basically a dedication to his work, and those who've followed. It should probably go to INFP's though.
    Kinesthetic: S. F? - Why feeling?
    Naturalist: S. P? - Totally agree.

Unbiased List:
    Logical: T
    Musical: IFP
    Interpersonal: E
    Visual/Spatial: ALL
    Intrapersonal: INF
    Linguistic: INFP - Too many writers.
    Kinesthetic: ALL
    Naturalist: s - Soft s
    Existential: INFJ - Too many prophets.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Here's how I see it:

Naturalist: Si, Se
    Musical: Ni, Ne
    Logical-Mathematical: Ti, Te
    Existential: Fi, Ti
    Interpersonal: Fe, Se
    Bodily-Kinesthetic: Se, Ne
    Linguistic: Si, Ni
    Intrapersonal: Fi, Ni
    Spatial: Ni, Ti

None of these supposed forms of intelligence seem particularly Te-centric, to me. Mathematical-logical is more of a Ti skill, though Te fits somewhat. Te is an organizing/hierarchy-building, classifying function. It sorts information. It's not so much about manipulating data directly like Ti, but about putting it into a particular box. That box could be true/false, or anything else. Statistics seems to be particularly Te-oriented. I guess if you consider statistics to be mathematical-logical, it fits there, but I'm not sure that really uses the same type of intelligence as other forms of math.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yes, this definitely resonates with me. Even though I'm not fluent in ASL, I feel a strong sense of relief when signing - it's bizarre, really... seeing as I only know some 250 signs. Body language is of course the back bone to ASL, syntax is more simple and facial grammar is more basic than English grammar as well. For these reasons and others, I excel in ASL. Tragic really how one might be considered a poor communicator in absolution, when they could be exceptional at it in another language. One might even appear less intelligent only because they're disadvantaged by the language they're using.

Fascinating read, thanks for sharing.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Here's how I see it:

Naturalist: Si, Se
    Musical: Ni, Ne
    Logical-Mathematical: Ti, Te
    Existential: Fi, Ti
    Interpersonal: Fe, Se
    Bodily-Kinesthetic: Se, Ne
    Linguistic: Si, Ni
    Intrapersonal: Fi, Ni
    Spatial: Ni, Ti

None of these supposed forms of intelligence seem particularly Te-centric, to me. Mathematical-logical is more of a Ti skill, though Te fits somewhat. Te is an organizing/hierarchy-building, classifying function. It sorts information. It's not so much about manipulating data directly like Ti, but about putting it into a particular box. That box could be true/false, or anything else. Statistics seems to be particularly Te-oriented. I guess if you consider statistics to be mathematical-logical, it fits there, but I'm not sure that really uses the same type of intelligence as other forms of math.
    Te's use of logical order is clear and decisive and makes it applicable across the board into all intelligences. Remember, a lot of these intelligences are interest based, and can be picked up by any type and look different in their hands than what we might assume. Te exploding outwards always logically applying or expressing IN or IS; INTJ's Ni expressed by Te to organize functions themselves, ENTJ's Te applying Ni to rally, marshall and direct people, ISTJ's Si expressed by Te to distinguish physical details, ESTJ's Te applying Si to organize and supervise, where you'll find them all operating and running every multiple intelligence venue, but overall these intelligences are perhaps sided elsewhere (not exclusive elsewhere) and I think that's a strength actually, as it perhaps means Te's can be well rounded and capable in every category unlike others that may be more polarized between the different intelligences.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

Linguistic, Intrapersonal, Musical. Introverted SF.

Logical-mathematical is my worst and I'm not interested in Naturalist.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I always measure high in these three.

Spatial
    Bodily-kinesthetic
    Intrapersonal
    This is mine exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.