User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 97

  1. #31
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    May I say that I think it's monumentally unfair that it doesn't send people notifications when I quote them? *grumblegrumblegrumble*

  2. #32
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's weird. I've been here since Day #1 and have never gotten notifications for my reps. I get PM and VM notifications, and now Quotes.
    Yes, that's how it works for me too. But I would love to have a reps alert!

  3. #33
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I like the "like" feature on other forums. It allows you to agree or give support without saying anything.

    From a social standpoint, it also helps you to understand what other members either agree with or who their friends are.
    Yeah, I've never been that active on a forum that had it, but it seemed like a good idea. There are a lot of times I like a post, but I feel silly just sending a rep saying "I agree", or whatever.

  4. #34
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Yes, that's how it works for me too. But I would love to have a reps alert!
    Well, I just went and looked and there is no flag I can just throw in the main lists of the Reps plug-in. I'll have to look elsewhere or see if there's an add-on.

    Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Yeah, I've never been that active on a forum that had it, but it seemed like a good idea. There are a lot of times I like a post, but I feel silly just sending a rep saying "I agree", or whatever.
    I think it could be useful for that as well. And many other forums have it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #35
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I like the "like" feature on other forums. It allows you to agree or give support without saying anything.

    From a social standpoint, it also helps you to understand what other members either agree with or who their friends are.
    Is that in lieu of a private rep system or in addition to it?

  6. #36
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    We get notification for rep points too?

  7. #37
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Is that in lieu of a private rep system or in addition to it?
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62tnBUDN9X0"]+[/YOUTUBE]

  8. #38
    Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    4,836

    Default

    I'm thinking of ways to use this to piss people off. I'm thinking "mass quoting".
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

  9. #39
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Is that in lieu of a private rep system or in addition to it?
    It's in addition to it. I get less reps that way, and many more "likes."

  10. #40
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, I just went and looked and there is no flag I can just throw in the main lists of the Reps plug-in. I'll have to look elsewhere or see if there's an add-on.
    Thanks for looking. There's a vBulletin hack that does it but it doesn't definitively state that it works with 4.0.7, only 4.0.3.

    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=244065

    There's another hack that sends PMs for rep notifications but that seems like such a pain and a waste of resources.

Similar Threads

  1. The new KITT...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 10:13 PM
  2. The New Uses Game
    By Ender in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 07:13 PM
  3. Weed becoming the new bio fuel
    By Sahara in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 11:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO