User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Default how do you organize your closet?

mine goes by major clothing type (shirts/dresses/skirts/dress pants), then by heaviness of individual item (short sleeve before long, cotton before wool, etc), then by color (light before dark, cool before warm)

you?

A closet - organized. Mine? * hears Mom laughing*

I don't.

Well, that's a lie, I put my winter coats on the heaviest hangers because the flimsy ones break.

Enneagram
    9w8

Mine is organized to the extent that the clothing in it is clean.

Normally.

Unless I have company over and my basket of dirty clothes is shoved in there so as not to be seen.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Actually, mine is almost exactly like that, except I keep the stuff I wear all the time on the open door side, and the stuff I don't wear often on the closed door side. So the open-door side has my office clothes w dress pants and a few skirts on one side, and shirts and office sweaters (Ann Taylor style) on the other, tank tops and short sleeve separate fr shirts, sep fr sweaters. From there it's by color. Not light to dark, but colors that fade into each other on the spectrum, almost rainbow order, but with lots of greens, blues, purples, and black. Too much black, but it goes with everything, makes it quicker to get dressed in the morning.

My most frequently worn stuff is in the bathroom on the outer shower towel rack, and I have a small dresser in there, too (which also has my casual weekend stuff in it). So I can get out of the shower, grab an outfit, grab the underwear, get dressed, comb through hair, mascara in pocket, out the door. Sometimes I do my mascara in the car when I get to work to save on commute time, and because I do it faster that way with the time pressure of being at work and getting caught doing makeup in the car in front of coworkers, lol.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I actually HAVE a closet now - weeeeeeee! The past year or so I have not had a closet, and so I just threw up some cheap garment racks & stuck a screen in front of them. The racks were rickety and organization was difficult, as they threatened to topple constantly & finally did. I'd just shove stuff on it & pray......

But the people I rent from decided to finally build a closet in my studio apartment, so now I actually DO have things semi-organized. They made the closet pretty nice, with a light & double racks on one side where I have all my tops, skirts & short dresses & jackets, and one high rack on the other side where I have longer stuff. That's about as close as I get to organizing clothes, and it's mainly due to maximizing the space. I have the shelves & floor pretty neat also, as there's not really room to keep it messy. It has to be kept neat in order for it all to fit :P. I use boxes for storing photos & art supplies on the top shelf, containers on the floor for small shoes & belts, and then I just line/stack everything else up on shelves/the floor.

My INFJ's closet is ridiculous - ridiculously neat. All of his suits are in these plastic garment bags, and his ties on this little tie hanger. It's all hung perfectly correctly (sometimes I just fold a skirt over a hanger instead of hanging it on a pant hanger). His clothes seem to be organized by season (ie. lighter weight stuff for summer in one section, etc). His shoes are all placed in little cubbies after having been brushed off upon removal. He has clear, plastic containers with tees stacked neatly within. There's also empty space in there, which is the weirdest part to me.
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 07-08-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: edited to add stuff
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

figsfiggyfigs

Everything is generally folded to the same length/width and organized by colour/type.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't. I'm so proud that my clothes make it there, that's enough, right?

Walk in closet with organisers on both sides. Major clothing type, minor clothing type (short or long sleeve), then colour. Je, Je, Je!!

Ginkgo

I separate my shirts from my pants and my winter clothes. That's about it. I've never been a fan of hanging things up; folding them is more efficient for me.