User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    it never occurs to me to sniff things somehow I've been known to accidentally make sandwiches out of moldy bread and not realize it until I was halfway through and thought "this tastes kind of funny!" before
    How can you be into baking, but not smell food?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

it never occurs to me to sniff things somehow I've been known to accidentally make sandwiches out of moldy bread and not realize it until I was halfway through and thought "this tastes kind of funny!" before
    I don't remember to smell food, either, unless I have to (e.g. with milk), because I'm so much more of a visual person. I'll inspect my food very carefully, but I won't smell it. So I definitely have had some bad moldy-food experiences, especially with cornbread, where I mistook the mold on the bottom for burned crust... *shudder*

Back on topic...

ENFJ friend: Will talk to herself when she cooks, and always in threes: "Stir stir stir! Bake bake bake!"

ENTJ friend: Points upward at random intervals when in the middle of a conversation, making him look like he's giving a presidential address.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    How can you be into baking, but not smell food?
    I taste things CONSTANTLY while eating... though I'm never going to accidentally try the yeast again... the texture was horrendous
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmm...I don't like the idea of tasting things constantly while cooking because it will kill your appetite for what you're making (it's so much better when it's done) and you end up eating more that way.

Plus in any kind of restaurant environment that would be totally off limits.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Hera View Post
    INTP: I've seen an INTP do this, along with myself. Things like washing clothes, and then leaving them in the basket instead of putting them away. Just taking them out of the basket and using them. Why do I even have drawers?
    Why, drawers are an excellent honeypot for clothes that you a) don't like or b) don't fit anymore. Just clean them out every few years -- you've unconsciously selected the ones that aren't needed anymore (except for when you find that shirt you liked and just forgot about, but hey, it's like getting a new shirt without the bother of shopping!).

ISTJ enjoys keeping record of every movie he owns in a computerized database... date #2 involved helping him put them in order
    I still think it's pretty funny that you thought he was an ISTP well after this .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

When I moved back in with my parents, I was constantly finding items in the fridge/freezer/pantry that had been expired for years. I hesitate to even eat something that is a couple days past its expiration. I don't know if it's because I still remember when I had food poisoning or if it's because I'm a supertaster? I don't know. Anyway, my parents are xSTJs and they don't particularly seem to care about expiration dates. So, I've gotten into the habit of checking the expiration date of everything I consume. Not even just at my parent's house but everyone's if I can get away with it...
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mae View Post
    When I moved back in with my parents, I was constantly finding items in the fridge/freezer/pantry that had been expired for years. I hesitate to even eat something that is a couple days past its expiration. I don't know if it's because I still remember when I had food poisoning or if it's because I'm a supertaster? I don't know. Anyway, my parents are xSTJs and they don't particularly seem to care about expiration dates. So, I've gotten into the habit of checking the expiration date of everything I consume. Not even just at my parent's house but everyone's if I can get away with it...
    For the most part, expiration dates really do not matter, though. Sometimes the taste/texture will change a little after years of storage, but it's not actually unsafe unless the can is punctured.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

My ESTJ wife thinks the expiration dates are like law or something. Even a "best used by" date is like gospel. To me, the date means... if it is significantly past the date, consider giving the thing a sniff before you nom on it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I smell everything. I open deodorants, shampoos, and lotions and smell them ALWAYS before buying. I smell new foods before I eat it.

I also smell my clothes and my bedding at random, to make sure it smells okay. I also like to smell cat fur, for no apparent reason.

Another strange thing I do is wander aimlessly around grocery or drug stores when I'm bored. I find it very comforting, and sometimes end up buying stuff on impulse, but sometimes buy nothing or one little thing. Note that this is usually at grocery and drug stores, but not clothing stores, which tend to give me anxiety so I tend to approach clothing stores with more of a sense of purpose. I can waste more time in a grocery or drug store than is probably normal or sane.
    i do the grocery store wandering thing, and clothing stores make me kinda anxious and uncomfortable for some unknown reason. probably because of salespeople bothering me.

and always smell my shampoo and lotion and stuff. smell is probably what i judge them on the most.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ENTJ friend: Points upward at random intervals when in the middle of a conversation, making him look like he's giving a presidential address.
    Did you bite his finger or were you afraid of where it might have been?